Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 67 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: GregW66 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  9:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great pic Chris, no doubt about who is running the rails there.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  3:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very funny shot, Chris. Now, THIS is motive power. If they can deliver gifts to the whole world in one single night, they certainly can lead a train on a snowy trail!

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Very funny shot, Chris. Now, THIS is motive power. If they can deliver gifts to the whole world in one single night, they certainly can lead a train on a snowy trail!

Frederic: Got your North American lore a bit mixed up - that's a moose, reindeer are supposed to do the sled hauling for Santa Claus!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  4:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris,
Thats one big moose! I would love to know how they got the picture, what were they riding in? Looks like maybe the back of the train looking at the lack of snow on the rails.
If it's the front of the train I hope they have the brakes on.
Larry

Larry
CEO Tagish & Marsh Lake RR
CFO Yukon Northern RR
COO JR Mining

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  5:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, Chris! I thought for a moment that was Bullwinkle!

Guys, in looking back through this thread, I am simply amazed at both the wide variety of wildlife we've been able to photograph and post over the years and the longevity of the thread itself. Who'd 'uv thunk that when I started this topic back in November of '03 that it would still be an active thread years later? Pretty neat!I really enjoy seeing everyone's wildlife pics.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  7:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris
What a great photo. Nothing like head end power.
Peter
BCT

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, sorry Bob... I'll be more careful next time not to mix the species...

Frederic Testard

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of our backyard squirrels has found the tray feeder is a great place for a snack again:

I'll have to work on discouraging him when the snow goes, as I intended the feeder to attract blue jays and such.

Bob Boudreau

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  6:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice shot, Bob.

Frederic Testard

Don Brimmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  11:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone just sent these pictures taken in Michigan near the Wisconsin border. Amazing what Mother Nature can do.

Not one, but two

Brian Smith
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  10:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some Sunday morning visitors to our backyard.

Brian Smith, Gen Mgr
CB&T Pacific RR

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  12:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian
Glad the Ducks are enjoying and early season swim in the pool. Of course I'm in the swimming pool business.
Peter
BCT

shortliner
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  12:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning, the sparrows in my back yard were making a hell of a row - they do squabble with each other quite often and gangs of them seem to fight each other. I went to see what all the fuss was about, and sittng on top of my bird feeding table was Mrs Sparrowhawk. She must have caught a glimpse of me through the kitchen window - because she was off, up and away - but I thought what a great photo it would have made - with her sitting on the top of the table waiting for food!

Brian Smith
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  10:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,

We see these two ducks (or their twins) several times a year. In this area of Fresno there are several large groundwater recharge ponds and apartment complexes with artificial streams and ponds so I guess we're on their circuit. According to my wife, who took the picture, there was quite the conversation going on between the squirrel and the ducks. We have a large family of the former living in the trees around our house. They drive our two cats crazy. We also have a pair of doves who visit and sit on the railing of the fence around the pool. Too bad you're in New York, I need to have some pool work done. I hope Spring is coming back there. Sounds like you have had more than your share of snow. Since we're below normal here in CA, you've probably had some of ours.

Cheers

Brian Smith

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  06:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not what you'd really call "wildlife", but a regular Robin that normally appear in the spring. We've seen a few around the house most of the winter, assume they did not fly south as usual. This guy was all fluffed up because of the cold and really windy day yesterday. Not as clear as I'd like, as I enlarged it quite a bit.

Bob Boudreau

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000