Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: stvlxx ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  10:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with ya, Chester! That has to be one gutsy feline! I wonder if her claws will work as well going down the pole?

quote:
Originally posted by Chester

Holy smokes Bob, gutsy feline.

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 03/01/2008 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover
Frederic you are right that cat did work for the High Line Logging Crew at one time. Here is the proof. This cat has nine lives!

Funny shot, Louis.

sparkman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  09:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,
I need some help please.
I remember seeing on this forum a pic of a couple of deer outside a sliding glass door during winter with a cat on the inside. Thought it was 'cute' & thought I had saved it. Of course I didn't & now I would like to see it again. If anyone can help by reposting the pic or directing me to the correct spot, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
-david j

Dick Kuepper
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  10:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dick Kuepper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, sparkman -

You're probably referring to the deer staring through the sliding glass door at the cat. I don't know how to cite it, but it was posted on 1/25/08 at 2 pm.

Good luck!!

sparkman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  11:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help.
Unfortunately if it was posted to this thread, I'm no longer able to see it.
The only post I can see for January is for 01/01/08 back on page 30. The one before is 12/17/07 & the one after is 02/03/08.
Hopefully this is only true for me, otherwise it looks like some posts were lost in cyberspace.
Thanks again for the help.
-david j

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  04:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19970
It wasn't posted on this thread...

sparkman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Frederic!!
Much appreciated.
-david j

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  08:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took this picture last night. I went to get a drink of water and spotted this guy eating spilt bird food through our patio screen door. I went downstairs, grabbed the camera and took the shot through the screen, hence the poor quality.
My wife complains about rabbits eating her flowers; but neither one of us can harm any animals; (although she did put out some anti-rabbit stuff on her flowers.
I guess that it is better that the rabbit eats bird food instead of my wife's flowers

John

belg
Fireman

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, sound like your wife and mine were cut from the same cloth, they both have a green thumbs and feed and house any birds she can. That looks like a pretty nice birdhouse did you build that? Could you take a shot of it and maybe send it to me offline? And any other interesting ones if you have more, Thanks Pat

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  1:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a shot of 5 new arrivals. The same pair of sparrows come back every year and nest in the cactus by the garage.

Bill Shanaman
Superintendent, Chief Track Cleaner,
New Haven RR in the 1948 to 1952 era
PMRA President 2014-15, OpSIG Member
NCE User Since 1999
Sugar City, Colorado

Geezer
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  12:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gerry.....The roller coaster......my sider hurt from laughing!!!!!

Bill
The only "REAL" Geezer

"Before you say it's my fault, Are you SURE it was my job?"

My Threads:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39181&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34275&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28172&whichpage=1

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  2:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our backyard bird bath was being tipped over semi regularly last year, so I placed a large rock on top of it. We assumed it was a racoon using it during the night, as there were muddy paw prints around the rim of the birdbath. The rock seemed to do its job. Last week the racoon was pretty bold, and came to the yard around dusk. There was just enough light for me to grab a few shots from an upstairs bathroom window, then some in a downstairs bedroom window. Here he is:

Notice it drinking from the birdbath - no tail! I didn't notice it at first. Can only imagine how it lost it - Davy Crockett??

We're not out in the country, our house is in an "inner suburb", with houses all around us. Don't know where this fellow lives, got some shots of him or a kin of his up on a power pole last year too. Had a tail then!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Edited by - railphotog on 05/23/2008 2:20:04 PM

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  3:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice shot Bob, plenty of those 4 legged guys around here.

I came home at noon for lunch and saw a coyote checking out the bushes for rabbits and bird nest. Now remember this is Indiana and farm country. I went to grab the camera and before I got back I seen him heading off down the waterway. I guess you have to imagine him, being in the yard.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  12:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jill and I spent the last 5 days in Key West, FL. This is a picture of the that lives at the hotel we stayed at. His name is Odie.

As you think, so will you be.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  12:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Photo.!!

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000