Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 39 ]  [ Total: 39 ]  [ Newest Member: Billett-man ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  5:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread is full of wonderful shots. These eagles are great, and the frozen web is very nice.

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  6:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So. Not all about trains. OK. Now cats do not like water...but when it is plus 40 at the Toronto Zoo there is nothing better than a cool dip. Now who is content.

More cats to follow if ya like.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  10:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These cats seemed right at home on this very hot day at the Toronto Zoo. The camera poses were just great. I had a great time lensing these guys.

I guess if frogs can photo frogs then Lyon's can photo lions

Chris Lyon

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  02:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I guess if frogs can photo frogs then Lyon's can photo lions

Great shots Chris. Opinion of a frog...
Lions are beautiful cats, but tigers are really impressive, huge animals. What sort of protection is there in the zoo. In a french zoo that I visited last year, the tiger was one of the most isolated animals, people beign protected by a thick glass.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  06:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here re the tigers in the local zoo. The few times I've visited they were behind heavy mesh fence (glad they were!) and their pen was fairly dark. Kinda listless too, making it hard to photograph. This was years ago and I never went back. Nice photos of yours though, Chris!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  6:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a heavy fence around the tiger compound. However, they put in an elevated walkway so that it was easy to have good pictures. It is located so that the angle is such that the sun is always behind you.

This picture is taken from the photo/observation area and the tiger has just left the pond and is starting his march around the edge of his compound.

This cat was very entertaining as he took great pleasure admiring himself in the reflections and swirling and playing with the water

Ahh sigh it is so hot.

Chris Lyon

Edited by - LVN on 06/21/2007 6:09:09 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  2:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this family swimming around in a fountain over the weekend.

As you think, so will you be.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  2:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, great tiger pictures. They're my favorite animal. I would love to have one as a pet assuming he was real mellow.

As you think, so will you be.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  4:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Early this morning my wife and I saw this guy in a power pole behind our house:

We knew the racoons were around, finding their "deposits" here and there once and a while, and from the muddy prints on our birdbath, but this is the first time we'd seen one in daylight. Looks like a neighborhood cat chased it up the pole, as it was on an adjacent pole for a while. The visitor did climb down after a while, and the cat just watched. Good thing because the racoon was bigger than the cat!

Those are phone and cable TV wires, the power ones are up higher. I imagine he would have had a different expression had he got wrapped around them!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I would post a few shots from a trip I made to a local zoo two years ago with my wife and children.

To begin with, some big cats.

Our friend the tiger, behind a thick glass.

The king is sleeping, just after doing with the lioness things that my then 3 year old children did not understand...

Now a nice teddy bear... The most dangerous animal in the zoo, according to the people working there...

To be continued...

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the sun rises in So Cal, a spider clinging onto a window screen decides to show off a little - "look, mom, only 5 hands!"

Elliott

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  7:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ETinBH

As the sun rises in So Cal, a spider clinging onto a window screen decides to show off a little - "look, mom, only 5 hands!"

I don't often do "attaboys," but here are two thumbs up for both photography and caption!
-Dave

-Dave

Edited by - Thorn Creek and Western on 06/29/2007 7:54:42 PM

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  7:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really enjoying this thread. Nice shots guys

Chris Lyon

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  7:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Enjoying the wonders of nature. Thanks for posting the latest photos.
Peter

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A second visit to the zoo de La Palmyre, France.

Now the apes...

To be continued...

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000