Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 97 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: jsutton ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I see Bruce has found his Easter dinner!

Mike

Dave D
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dave D's Homepage  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
These fellows are looking for her.

We also have a pair of hooded Mergansers that have been visiting and she has checked out the nesting box a time or two...I hope they stick around...Merganser chicks would be cool to see this summer.

Edited by - Dave D on 04/04/2007 08:45:28 AM

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some wonderful wildlife photos. Here on the island the only wildlife i've seen for a while now a some very busy squirrels.
Peter

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2007 :  6:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know kangaroo's could do this: http://www.nwphotographers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4424

I didn't take the pictures. I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was interesting.

As you think, so will you be.

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  05:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The swimming pool is closed until some of the quests leave.

/

John

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  09:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even Mrs. Bluebird had a honey-do list for her male this weekend, here he cleans out residue from prior renters to a house on the corner of our garden...great weekend here for cleaning.

The 'pecking order' seems pretty constant over the whole spectrum of species.....

pastor_t
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  04:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Came across this fellow on a recent walking trip in the Scottish Highlands.

He was happily sunning himself when he was almost trodden on - not by me I hasten to add. Unsurprisingly he wasn't very pleased.

Tony

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  06:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony
Nice photo but to tell you the truth ... I hate snakes. Just pain scared of them. How far were you from the snake when you took the photo?
Peter

pastor_t
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  08:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peterpools

Tony
Nice photo but to tell you the truth ... I hate snakes. Just pain scared of them. How far were you from the snake when you took the photo?
Peter

Peter,

I've never really had a problem with snakes, but I can understand why others do. On this occasion I was about 6-8 feet away from him, with a rock between us for good measure! No matter how quick he might have been, at that range I was gonna be quicker

Tony

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 04/28/2007 :  10:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony
Still makes me feel very uneasy and uncomfortable. You're a braver man than me when it comes to snakes.
Peter

Edited by - Peterpools on 04/28/2007 10:50:57 AM

Dave D
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  08:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dave D's Homepage  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Karl great shots of the Bluebirds!!

Tony I like the shot of the snake but I am with Peter...they creep me out.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  2:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! . .There's some beautiful, and exciting pictures on the last page. Thanks everyone for sharing them!

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now that spring has finally arrrived for good here in the middle of the U.S., the finches have returned to their bright yellow summer colors. And they're out in full force as well. I have 4 finch feeders around the yard at my lake home, and yesterday all 4 were loaded all day long with the little guys. The trees in the surrounding woods were filled with them as well. I estimated at one point in the afternoon that there were probably several hundred of them in the trees and fighting for perch space on the feeders. It was quite a sing-songy, chirrupy racket all day long. On top of it, they had emptied all 4 feeders by late afternoon, and I had to refill them this morning before leaving.

This particular feeder hangs from a tree limb that overhangs the water. There were birds on it from sunup to sundown yesterday.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  5:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike
Now I feel like spring has surely arrived. I really enjoyed the photographs of the finches.
Peter

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike

That is a sure sign of spring.

Carl

Edited by - C Laskey on 04/30/2007 6:29:19 PM

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000