Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 14 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 67 ]  [ Newest Member: BKey ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  7:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About 5:30 we were having dinner on the deck and a parrot decided to join us. We don't know where he came from, but he is very tame.Tonite he is in the tulip tree and sleeping. My decided she is going to buy a cage and some food.UGH!!.I wonder how many words he knows Ah yes, another day in Paradise

Download Attachment: apar 61.JPG
80.97 KB

Download Attachment: apar 62.JPG
112.13 KB

Download Attachment: apar 63.JPG
80.92 KB

Download Attachment: apar 66.JPG
113.31 KB

Download Attachment: apar 71.JPG
87.18 KB

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  9:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like someone's pet got loose - or was let loose. That is a pretty bird.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Pygar
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  10:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Mom got a parrot that way... I don't know which of the two was more thrilled with the other! Sure enough, someone in the neighborhood had set it free rather than take care of it, she soon learned. They gave the cage to Mom once she found out who they were. She finally passed it on to someone else when she could no longer take care of it.

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  1:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good News. We found the owner of the Parrot. Little did we know it spoke Spanish The owner, who came from Costa Rica, had reported it lost and we in turn was able to make contact with the owner. When she came to our yard, the parrot spoke and said "Que pasa" Which means "What's happening" It was very humorous.
All's weel that ends well.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  3:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, a great ending to the story.

However, if your wife is heartbroken over having to give up the bird, I could probably part with one of the girls.

This is Henrietta. Just look at the sparkle in her eye. I must make it clear that she doesn't talk. Actually, to be perfectly honest, she is dumber than a wooden post. However, she does give you an egg every day.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  4:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Bill, a great ending to the story.

However, if your wife is heartbroken over having to give up the bird, I could probably part with one of the girls.
This is Henrietta. Just look at the sparkle in her eye. I must make it clear that she doesn't talk. Actually, to be perfectly honest, she is dumber than a wooden post. However, she does give you an egg every day.

Thanks for the offer Bruce, But our Corgi looks similar to a fox and uh well uh....Gives new meaning "to fox in the Henhouse"

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  05:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This little blue tongue lizard popped into the backyard this morning. He is about 12 inches in length.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barry, nice shot of the lizard, and some great weathered wood.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  08:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce, They are old railway sleepers we use in the garden and are made from Redgum. They weather nicely and are a great reference.

rckwallaby
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  11:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit rckwallaby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Part of the 'catch' from a successful days 'termite hunting' in the wilds of southern Georgia. 17OCT06

Cheers
Phil

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  06:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil,
I've got to ask... why are you hunting termites in Georgia?

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

essodee
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  10:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HMMMMMM....THEM'S GOOD EATIN'

Stevie O'

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  1:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deep fried with a little garlic butter! YUM YUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

rckwallaby
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  10:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit rckwallaby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cigarguy

Phil,
I've got to ask... why are you hunting termites in Georgia?

It's part of a world-wide research program I'm involved in. Working up the next generation of systems to protect our houses from termite attack.

Fun stuff, but pretty challenging.

Cheers
Phil

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  10:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing like having out of town visitors to get you to visit your own tourist attractions. My sister was visiting from Atlanta and we went to the Pittsburgh Zoo, which I hadn't visited in years. It was a lot of fun.

They really try to keep the animals in "natural" environments and avoid making them into pets. But I guess the giraffes are pretty friendly. This guy clearly liked the keeper a lot.

There was also a big white goose with a damaged wing that was apparently good friends with the giraffe and went everywhere he (she?) did, with much honking.

And of course I had to get a picture of the Rat with Racing Stripes:

It was a fun afternoon. I should go more often.

Don

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000