Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: jmiller320 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A guy that I work with , Paul Dunn , was in Glen Ellen , Calif. and shot this pic of a hawk .

Terry

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  6:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, great wildlife shots to everyone who has posted. And, to think...I thought all the wildlife existed in the classrooms of our two nations!

All the best, Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://craftsmanstructures.blogspot.com
http://bostonandmaine.blogspot.com
http://fridaynightgroup.blogspot.com

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  02:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last two pages contain some phenomenal pictures of wildlife. A big thanks goes to each crew member for sharing them.

We were out and about last week, and we spotted a bird's nest at the top of a crane boom. So I need to go back and try to take some pictures of its residents.

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 08/06/2006 02:35:37 AM

Bosco5
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bosco5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a regular visitor at our Eastern Shore home over the weekend. The fawn shows up around 5 or 6 in the evening. The fawn's mother stays in the tree line but is never to far away.

There is also a family of Mute Swans living in near our dock. The little one is to the right and is the only survivor of the three hatchlings. It seems between the Foxes, Turtles and Osprey's that it is a rough world for swan hatchlings.

We've also learned (the hard way) that swans are very territorial and aggresive. If we happen to get within thirty feet of the remaining hatchling the male swan will try to drive us off. This can be a bit of a pain as they like to rest under our dock and we can't see them when we come out to the water. The male swan has chased my son off the dock and up the yard twice!

Dave D
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  10:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dave D's Homepage  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very cool Pics Miles!

Love those Swans.

quote:
The male swan has chased my son off the dock and up the yard twice!

Their wings are strong but I think if the boy wears a cup he would survive any encounter.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  11:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This mother hen was strolling near our campsite this weekend. You can barely make out her little chick in the photo. Look directly in front of her to find it.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  12:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking about Wild Turkey...oops, wrong Wild Turkey

John

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  1:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While out railfanning near the Rideau River along the bike paths of Ottawa I came across some wildlife as well.

This is an area where locals come to feed the ducks. I like how the few ducks in this picture are silhouetted against the background.

Later, I came across this unusual form of wildlife searching for food in the river. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what type of bird it was!

Well...I "do" know what type of bird this is...and yes, I'm stretching it a bit...for this is not "wild"life, it's "domestic"life! But hey, perhaps the lady lives on the "wild"side! It was awfully kind of her just the same to let me take the photograph. Geez...ya never know what you're gonna spot when ya head out railfanning!

All the best, Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://craftsmanstructures.blogspot.com
http://bostonandmaine.blogspot.com
http://fridaynightgroup.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 08/07/2006 1:30:07 PM

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  7:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lonely goose...

In memory of Mike Chambers

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  09:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look what the cat drug in! He was barely breathing, his eyes were closed and he was not moving or making any sounds. I took him upstairs placed him in a makeshift nest and fed him some bread soaked in milk. After three bites he wanted to sleep so we left him alone. Within about fifteen minutes the little critter came to life and was trying to hop out of his bed. I then took him out to the his original nesting area. We watched from afar as his parents rescued him to safety.

Here is the culprit of the bird kidnapping.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  09:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice save, Carl!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

slimjerkins
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  09:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl:

You need to put some of those mug shot numbers onto the picture of the kitty (might as well go all the way and get kitty's profile too)

-slim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  11:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you see this guy coming, RUN!!

For size comparison, that is a cucumber leaf that he's on.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  12:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qZondqj3Y&mode=related&search=
-Dave

-Dave

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  08:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

If you see this guy coming, RUN!!

For size comparison, that is a cucumber leaf that he's on.

Have bag traps out for these devils, Japanese Beetles it looks like, they are prolific here. Eating the daylights out of much. They are in the soybean fields around here big time and will be moving closer as the beans are harvested in a few weeks.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000