Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 40 ]  [ Total: 43 ]  [ Newest Member: Billett-man ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Rich, it is like this... at first, no, I didn't catch the photo editing. I was just quickly purusing the photo - looked real enough for me. It wasn't until I revisited the photo for a closer look that I noted the editing. You can tell if you look at Chippie's behind area that it has been pasted onto the other photo.

You got me!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  5:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone --

This thread is too country-fied. We need some urban wildlife. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the wildlife (or lowlifes) that parade by the front window of my apartment.

Which reminds me of a great line from my former lead carpenter, Ted. We had just finished the big covered deck area - hadn't yet filled it with tools, boats, and shavings. Tara really loved it and said "We need to do something to celebrate. Let's have a hoedown!"

Ted looked up from whatever he was doing - imagine a deep voice, measured tones - and said. "We already got that. We got a 'ho down there - and a 'ho down there." Which we did -- one by the bank's ATM machine and one down by the pay phone.

I told that story at Ted's funeral. I thought Father John was going to fall off his chair.

Don

Rich J
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  3:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did someone request a Godzilla photo? He's about as wild as wildlife gets!

Looks like Franklin will have to be rebuilt soon.

Rich J.

p.s. I also found this shot from the original movie. I wonder......since it was a Japenese movie, could that be Kato rolling stock Zilla is munching on? I can see the ads:

"Kato! Breakfast of Champions." YUM!

Edited by - Rich J on 06/03/2006 5:58:13 PM

ibflattop
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  1:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now thats what i am Talking about; Action Pictures! When I was with our local modular club. My son alway brought his Godzilla Action Figure and set it up on one of the modulars. Man that Godzilla got in the miles! I still have him and when I get the shortline up and going he will come out! Kevin

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  5:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever wonder what the inside of a coon's nursery looks like...I found one this morning

Talk about trashing the place

In memory of Mike Chambers

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man, Ken, that's worse than what happened to my neighbor! What a mess! Did all that foam come from where I think it did?

My neighbor had a very valuable antique car stored in his "barn." (It's actually a large Butler-type garage where he stores his RV.) A coon got inside somehow, got into a bag of granular insecticide, ate some, and then crawled inside the antique vehicle, where it vomited, clawed up the seat and then died. Unfortunately, my neighbor didn't find the mess until the coon was about half decomposed and really nasty.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  7:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich J

Did someone request a Godzilla photo? He's about as wild as wildlife gets!
Looks like Franklin will have to be rebuilt soon.
Rich J.

Rich--
Seems like we think alike. Below is a 'poster' that I did three years ago for my friend, Minnesotan, Gerry Leone. The scenery and bridge are on his layout.

-Dave

-Dave

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  9:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Mike, it's all the floatation foam from inside the boat.

And talk about smell...

In memory of Mike Chambers

Rich J
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken, that's a very disappointing start to the boating season. Are you sure it was a coon, and not some rock band?

Great poster, Dave. Was 'Zilla just looking to help out? Maybe weather that girder bridge a bit? I have no doubt he would prefer devouring Minnesota rather than Cleveland. Better drinking water.

Rich J.

Dick Kuepper
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  6:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dick Kuepper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rich J -

If it was Cleveland it would have been a rock band (Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, don't you know )

And the water's fine (if it's not on fire) - it's the beer here that stinks

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  9:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My condolences, Ken. I suppose there are things a lot worse, but that looks pretty nasty. We have been living with remnants of a skunk which I drove over in Idaho last April. The little critter had just been hit (by someone else) as we happened along in the darkness of the morning. After returning home, a complete GI-ing, and a couple of months of patiently waiting, the scent has mostly dissipated! I hope things are resolved so that you won't miss too much of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by Marken

Ever wonder what the inside of a coon's nursery looks like...

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  1:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just returned from a 4 day camping trip. The people who were camping next to us left the door to their eating tent open, and had left some food out. Last night, a racoon got in there, shredded the bags, ate a couple of loaves of bread and a bunch of other stuff. The good news is that the mosquito netting seemed to work... on the mosquitos.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  03:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received the following email message and photo from my correspondent, Al Feldstein, (the now retired, long-time editor of Mad Magazine: )

Hey, Gang:

It's new-born fawn time on Deer Haven Ranch...

...and our dear friend, neighbor and horse enthusiast, Jean Modesette, took this phenomenal picture of a new-born fawn happily grazing with his substitute Mommy.

MAD-ly yours,
Al

True to form, Al titled the subject of his email, "When I'm Not Near The Mommy I Love...I Love The Mommy I'm Near!")

-Dave

-Dave

Edited by - Thorn Creek and Western on 06/29/2006 05:36:04 AM

belg
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  05:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al, that is a beautiful horse, is it a racer? I didn't realize the fawn was there until I read your text, I thought the horse was feeding. Pat

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  05:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, that is one cool shot thanks for posting it

John

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000