Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 15 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: jmiller320 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO
Page: of 70

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  3:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the subject of this photo may not be "wildlife," but it's certainly the result of wild weather. We haven't yet had a hard freeze this fall, and the roses are still blooming. But today, in spite of 80 degree temperatures as recently as a couple of days ago, we had our first 1/2" of snow this morning. And now we'll have our hard freeze, with temps dropping into the low 20's tonight.

So here is one of the roses with a little melting snow on it. It's probably the last of the blooms for this year. Tomorrow I'll cut all of the rose bushes back and get them covered for the winter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  5:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice shot, Mike.

Chuck

Wyoming Valley Railroad
http://sites.google.com/site/wvrails/

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  3:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although the Goldfinch's winter garb isn't as pretty as its summer yellow, I'm glad that they keep coming to the feeder anyway.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  07:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why, but when I first looked at that photo of the goldfinch, I thought of the old "Get Smart" TV show and their "dome of silence." Could that finch be Agent 99 in disguise? Oooooh - maybe I'm showing my age!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  08:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I remember "Get Smart" very well--watched it every week. I will now always refer to that dome as "the dome of silence".

This squirrel found a nice seat in this old oak tree by my father's house.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, heres my little wildlife story, but first a few shots of an Australian Kookaburra. This is not the bird featured in my story but I thought MikeC would like these shots, there fuzzy cause there taken through glass.

These are a big bird, check that pecker, they aren't real dangerous like Magpies or Currawongs but I wouldn't try getting near one. They eat snakes and pick them up and drop them from a great height, amazing.

Now the real story, In september last year, my kids had left the door to my train room open. I came home and found Shelby's (which was near completion) Smashed and ruined on the floor. I went in to the kids, WHAT HAPPENED !! then my son informed me that there was a bird in there they tried to get out. Did you throw my model on the ground? No, the bird did. I could not believe it, all that work.

It took its time destroying the model as evidenced by the bird poo left at the scene.
This is the roof damage to Shelbys I couldn't repair well enough for me. Did it try to eat the resin?

This is the forest outside the train room where the Currawong came from.

This is the cop who was supposed to prevent this sort of thing!

Oh, The Pain, The Pain As doctor Smith woould say.
PaulD

Edited by - PaulD on 01/12/2006 10:14:11 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit MikeC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul, I'd be beyond pain if that were my Shelby's. I believe I'd be looking for my pellet gun and stomping out into the forest for a bit of a hunt.. the Audubon's and the conservationists notwithstanding.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have a railroad to run.

Visit the Central Missouri & Southern

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  02:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Paul,

I think your cop needs to go on a donut-free diet! In his present condition, he looks bird-friendly!

quote:
Originally posted by PaulD

. . .This is the cop who was supposed to prevent this sort of thing!

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  07:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Paul, your "cop" has a look of fierce determination on his face. I think if I were a bird I'd think twice about messing with him...

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  07:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

lazerman
Fireman

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  2:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit lazerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that is one fat cat cop, to many kitty treats ,the birds are probelly laughing at him here kitty kitty would you like a snack ,My cat is not so fat after seeing him ,,kitty on patrol

http://www.lazerrailways.com

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  2:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, c'mon. He's not fat, just big boned. Besides, that fur makes him look fat. It's just fluffed up in order to intimidate the birds.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  6:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That lazy CAT, she is fat! Here she is after being shorn and she only eats Iams dry food in small quantities, no kitty treats, it must be full of steroids.

PaulD

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  9:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm laughing so hard I've got tears in my eyes... Thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  03:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul,

OK! . .The cop doesn't have any excuse now, . .Sick'em Kitty-Kitty!

quote:
Originally posted by PaulD

That lazy CAT, she is fat! Here she is after being shorn and she only eats Iams dry food in small quantities, no kitty treats, it must be full of steroids. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 01/18/2006 1:05:52 PM

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: The Gallery: June 14 Its a B&W Month! Topic Next Topic: NEPROTO  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000