Railroad Line Forums - Thursday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning... Topic Next Topic: Links to Cedarhill Designs  

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  06:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Elyria, OH where it is 27 degrees. The sun isn't up yet, but I think it will be a sunny day - for a while.

Breakfast today is the Hotel Chain Special: Dried out scrambled eggs, somewhat cold sausage patties, and waffles (if you can get your turn at the waffle maker). Our coffee is some kind of Rainforest Blend.

I see on the local news that the Feds raided the Cleveland City Hall last night. Never good news if you work there. Tom, what's going on there?

Today Bonnie & I celebrate our 49th Wedding Anniversary. Wow, almost half a century.

We will hit the road again shortly, and have lunch in Holly, MI before doing the pre-closing walk thru on the house.

Have a great day!

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  07:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce and the rest of the frozen RR-L Crew. 23f in Fishers Indiana. Colder the farther west you go.
Nope, Oatmeal and tea. Had a K of C business meeting last night an partook of a beer and other goodies after and regret it this morning after getting on the scale. Cereal for lunch.

Just about have my new kit ready to release. Had an issue with FaceBook as the claimed I violated policy on a boots of a post when they had already approved it. They took that off but I'll be less likely to use them going forward. No reason or explanation given they just removed the blocking.

Have a fellow coming later this morning to look over and give me an estimate on installing a new garage door opener. I have the new opener, bought it on sale. But decided I'm getting a bit old to be installing such equipment.

Well, got LOTS to do around here so off I go, Hi Ho, Hi Ho, everyone have a WARM day in the Frozen Train Yard.

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  07:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Bruce thank you opening and you and Bonnie continue the safe travels. It is cold in So. Wisconsin at 16f degrees with the wind chill making it feel like 6. High today will be 26 but winds will still be blowing.

All inside decorations except the Xmas tree are up. In the past I have always brought in the decorations and told to stay out of the way. This year she asked me to help her, WOW! Just like when we were 1st married. Anyway we had fun and another couple bins were taken to St. Vincent DePaul.

I slept last night from 10:30 to 1:15 then watched the clock the rest of the night. Now I think I can sleep, this getting older is tough.

Good day to all
TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, Walt, and the incoming crew. 22 real, 11 windchill, lake effect snow, yuck. Breakfast sounds yummy, coffee sounds exotic.

Congratulations to you and Bonnie on the big 49! Get those kids planning for the golden one next year. Bonnie must have been a child bride.

I've got my annual eye exam this morning. After wearing the 8 year old prescription glasses for months this year, maybe those Walmart 'readers' are the best fit. No wonder my models don't look as good as everyone elses here.

Pearl Harbor Day let's not forget the "day that will live in infamy".

Safe travels to all out there today. Shop time after the eye exam unless he dilates my eyes.

Have a Super day!

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Bruce and Bonnie Happy Anniversary!!!!

I'll throw on a pot of fresh coffee and I brought some Danish just in case you missed the waffle maker!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/24! A cool start for a Thursday or any say for that matter.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went to the window and looked out at this[ ] yes it's all white, a inch and a half to inches of white all over everything this morning. It's about 23 degrees.

DEC 7, the day that will live in infamy is also the day of wondrous celebration. Congratulations BRUCE and BONNIE!! Many happy repeats and go for the Gold in the new digs. What fun! May your journey today and always be safe and enjoyable. May the setback of motel food be temporary.

I plan on sticking close to home if possible today. I'll not run right out there and fire up the snow blower, either.

Everyone have a good day. A moment of silence for the Pearl Harbor memories is in order.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right Bruce the suns out and no snow, about city hall you never now whatís going on there. If I would known you were coming I would have turned on the trains.i think thatís a song. And finely before coffee does a walk though mean go measure the basement so you can start thinking on the way home. See you all later. Tom

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BRUCE & BONNIE!

Good morning from Disney World. It's going to be in the mid 70's here. We're going to be spending the day at Epcott.

Have a good day.
George

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

26, feels like 16 and headed all the way up to 28 today in the northern mitten. Lake Effect machine is working well, and is scheduled to go off duty at 1600, but we'll see how that one goes-- the operators apparently like the overtime....

Bruce, when you get out here, watch out for fools driving igloos! We need you to have a great 50th! Happy Anniversary!

Op Session last night and howling snow this morning make a great recipe for crawling back under the covers this morning, but like the White Rabbit, there's too much to do and never enough time!

Make it a great day, all, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce and Bonnie I didnít forget about your Anniversary Lucy and I wish you the best and in a new hoe at the same time. How lucky. Tom

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening up this morning Bruce.

Happy 49th Anniversary! That is quite a milestone in this day and age, but after having the privilege of meeting the two of you on a few occasions, you two are a wonderful couple.

I finally made it downstairs last night and got some bench time. I began decaling an engine last night, one that I hoped I would have ready for my op session tomorrow night. Obviously it won't be ready, but at least I'm getting some modeling time back and making some progress once again.

Its going to be a sunny but colder day today in southern NJ with temps barely hitting 40. I'm going to spend this afternoon finishing cleaning the downstairs and shampooing the carpets. My younger son is coming down for dinner tonight and wants to help me decorate the house for Christmas. This will be the first year in a couple of years that I'll be having Christmas dinner here, which I'm really looking forward to!

Have a great day everyone!

Mark

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary, Bruce and Bonnie!

Chuck

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  1:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary Bonnie and Bruce, you got us by 8 years.

Live happy
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  3:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm only 5 years behind you. At first I thought, "Wow, 40 years!" Then I did the math to when our 40th comes up. :-(

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

jbelwood
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW, another long time couple. Happy anniversary to both of you. Lorraine and I celebrated our 53rd on Monday. Realize, she's my first wife. We've been living in our "starter" home now for 47 years. Spent 33 years here building and finishing my layout without any arguments. Life is good.

John

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to you, too, John! Life is indeed Good.

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Friday morning... Topic Next Topic: Links to Cedarhill Designs  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000