Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Historical Kits????? Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  07:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! The coffee urn is ready with Ashpit blend. I'm running late, so I ran out to the bakery and picked up doughnuts and sweet rolls. There is fresh fruit and the juicebar until the griddle heats up. I'm hopping behind the counter.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 36 degrees and cloudy here in the Jersey Highlands.

The truck is almost packed and we will be hitting the road to Michigan shortly. We plan on stopping in Elyria, OH for the evening and then heading straight up to the new house for a 1 pm walk thru on Thursday. The closing is Friday am.

Right now, the route seems snow free.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  08:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good FROZEN morning to you Jim, Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew shivering in the shadows. 20f this morning making that the coldest day this winter... so far.

Oatmeal, tea and a cup of fresh fruit for me this morning. I'll have a cup of coffee later on.

Hope you find the house as you want it Bruce. Snow Saturday it looks like. Hopefully this is the last move for us. Only been 19 of them in 55 years.

Been real busy cleaning up my work area of excess stuff, mainly cabinets right now. Move the large Epson R3000 printer into Mary's area. Now I have a very large armorer style cabinet to move out and get rid of. I converted it to a hobby workstation a number of years ago but it's outlived it's usefulness for me so out it goes. Maybe I can convince Goodwill to take it off my hands. Maybe is the key word here.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the FROZEN Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  08:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 22 degrees this morning in MI with a bit of a breeze rustling the feathery tops of the decorative grasses. Quite a drop from yesterday.

We went out and picked up driveway markers and set them out yesterday and back home we fixed up a big pot of chicken soup that cooked most of the afternoon and early evening. The Doll went to see her grand daughter in a concert while I stayed home and watched the SPARTANS play Rutgers in hoops. Sparty didn't find it an easy game, they did pull out to a 10 pt lead at the end and won. Hats off to the Scarlett Knights for a well fought duel.

I did some more scenic prep work yesterday and ran a couple of servo mounts on the 3d printer.

Thanks for getting the place open this morning, Jim. I'll have a bit of the fruit and one donut, thank you.

Everyone have a good day. We're forecast to experience the chance of the lake effect firing up later this evening.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim,Bruce and crew thanks for opening the weather here is cold but clear no snow expected tell Sat. Bruce then a little bit. Time to get out and get something done this morning see you all later. Coffee was good. Tom

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  09:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks Jim for opening. The So. Wisconsin temperature is 20f degrees with the high to hit 30. Still windy at 13 mph 6 less than yesterday but the last 2 days we had gusts up to 45, I wonít miss those.

Yesterday we went shopping for new blue jeans, $59.99 each plus 50% off then coupons for $15 each limit of 2. So for $120 retail came home with 2 pair of jeans for $30, no wonder the big retail stores are closing. We do it again today but instead of coupons for 15 she has them for $10, but still the 50% off. Crazy, but Iíll take it.

Stopped after the movie and dinner at the LHS for some ballast. Every color but mine. Asked them to order my color and he told me after the New Year, duh! Looks like Arizona Rock will be getting my orders direct. Iím thinking my LHS maybe having money issues? Limited Xmas decoration storage boxes have been pulled out, the tree maybe tomorrow. The boss isnít saying, but Xmas doesnít seem to be as fun for her as in past years.

Have a great day
TomO

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  09:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening up this morning Jim. Bruce, have a safe trip and good luck with the closing.

We had a nice day yesterday with temps in the low 60's, but that is over! Temps will stay in the low 40's for foreseeable future, if not colder. Winter is here!

Last night, I finally got around to replacing some old rope lights with LED tape lights in the area where the track come out of staging on the landing of my steps. It was dimly lit with the rope lights, but it is amazing how bright these little LED lights are! What a difference. I'll have to post pics in my thread.

Today I'll be working from home. Easy day so I hope to get some more Christmas shopping done online as well. Then probably head downstairs and get into some more projects!

Have a great day!

Mark

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  11:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was a decent day and I did manage to get most of the leaves up prior to the rain arriving.

Today looks...........gray.

A good day to remain in the home office and then to wander out and about periodically over to the shop to putter about...

But that pile of cottonwood logs remains,

All that squealing reminds me of somebody trying to shear a piglet.
You get plenty of squealing, but very little wool.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  11:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Martin nailed it! "Today looks... gray." It is indeed grey, 25, feels like 15, and the Lake Effect machine is running trials right now prior to kicking in in earnest later this afternoon. There's enough white on the ground to make the ground white, and the roads slick. Gonna be a lovely night to head to an Op Session over 25 miles away.... Trains should be fun, though. And then there's the drive home....

Oh, well. Truth be told, I live up here because I can!

Make it a great day, folks, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Historical Kits????? Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000