Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Loren Johnsen ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  06:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and readers from blustery N.E. Indiana. 33 degrees with winds howling out of the northwest at 2o and gusting to 35mph. The coffee urn is ready with Thermite Welded blend today. Special is 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, and 2 pancakes.

I finished my 'temp' job yesterday at the restoration shop. I had my eye on a piece of Railroadiana at the shop. Yes, it followed me home. A Dressel Kerosene caboose lamp. It's the 4 lens version from the PRR. It needs a little cleanup. but I don't want to screw up the patina. It has a hand painted #5 on the top cover. Probably paid too much for it, but it'll look cool when I stick a bulb inside. The kerosene lamp piece is long gone.

I'm going to meet the old gang for breakfast, so time to get ready and head out.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  07:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 39f right now but going to 31f this afternoon when the Arctic front blows through. Possible snow flurries even.
Oatmeal and tea for a change this morning. Actually I might have a bowl of fresh fruit pieces as well.

I'm continuing with my rearrangement and clean up of my work area. I need to remove a lot of items from a large armor type cabinet that I converted to a hobby work station and get that moved out. I'll put it on the curb with a "FREE" sign on it. Otherwise call Goodwill to get it hauled off. has lights and such inside.

Just about to release the HO Scale Bakery kit. I need to do the A/I wash and then set it on a small diorama for photos. Otherwise the manual needs review and we'll be good to go.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the COOLER Train Yard.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  08:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 47 degrees here in northern NJ. We have one day in the mid-50's and then the bottom will drop out for the foreseeable future.

Tomorrow we head back to Michigan for the house closing, so I have some packing to do today. In any spare time I'll start going thru my boxes of magazines to make sure that there is noting mixed in that I want to save. The magazines are not making the move to Michigan.

The town of Holly, MI (our new mailing address) has an annual Dickens Festival over three weekends starting right after Thanksgiving. We will be out there for week #3, so will stop by to see what it is all about. The Detroit Model RR Club is in Holly, and they will be open both Saturday and Sunday afternoon, so we'll certainly stop by there. Maybe take a horse drawn carriage ride while we're there, too.

Have a great day!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  08:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim thanks for opening and the breakfast. The juice bar for me.

Weather in So. Wisconsin has turned, 61 at 3pm yesterday, then the winds and the rains came back. Howled all night and is blowing at 19mph now with the temperature at the high of 25 dropping later to 22.

Movie day today and what we are seeing went in one ear and out the other. This has been a terrible year for going to the movies. Very few IMO have been decent let alone good. There have been a few good but I canít remember the titles as none have been memorable. The Thor movie last week was horrible. But at $5 a ticket and free popcorn we continue to go.

Safe travels Bruce.

Enjoy the day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 12/05/2017 08:45:29 AM

Pa Steve
New Hire

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew,
We have a big change in the weather in the Memphis area today. We hit the high temperature already this morning a 50 degrees. They expect the lower 40ís to upper 30ís by dinner time. I am on vacation all this week trying to kill time instead of giving it back. I can only carry over 40 hours each year. I should get some bench time this afternoon. Be safe

Steve

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  09:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening up this morning Jim. It's cloudy and rainy today in southern NJ, although the temps are supposed to make it up towards 60 today! Probably the last warmer day for the season as temps are expected to drop drastically as the cold front moves in tonight.

No big plans for the day. I have some work to do from home, then head into the office for a while. Now that the home improvement jobs are done for the year and things are settling down again, I actually make it to the basement last night. I cleaned up a little and took care of all the items on my hit list to be ready for my next op session this Friday. One project I want to try to get done tonight is to replace some rope lights with LED tape lights in the area when the tracks come out of staging around the landing of my steps. A test of the new lighting was surprisingly good! These LED's are great! I'll post pictures of the difference when done.

Have a great day!

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some wind with change in it. It was 56 degrees at 0100 this morning, it's down in the mid 30s here at 1000. Lots of big wind just W of us with lights out for thousands from Kalamazoo to GR to quite aways North in the state. Brr...is in the air. Wind in the low teens here at this time.

Bruce the Detroit RR Club layout in Holly is a treat. Our Lansing area group included it in our summer outing this year. Lots to do all the time in the area you're heading to. Lots of great Model Rails, as well.

I worked on the layout yesterday, track cleaning, ran a engine from one and to the area I just finished and it took about 25 minutes. I shift focus of my work to scenery for awhile now. I have the hot glue burns already to prove it. I'm making lattice web out of strips of a case of boxes I acquired. Today, maybe, I'll get some plaster cloth over the web work, or continue with the webbing. See if my inner spyder feels like it.

Jim, the lantern sounds nice, is it a switch lantern? I have several Adlake lights, switch, marker and a dozen or more hand lanterns. Adlake is still in business and spare parts can be found on their website. MAYbe the fire pots would interchange. I don't know.

Well, late start tis morning, better get moving along. Everyone have a great day, have a good visit home, Bruce.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  10:23:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Grey, brisk and Brrrrr here in the northern mitten. It's blowing like stink out there, the temperature appears to have fallen from the shelf and has not yet hit bottom, so Bruce, pack the woolies! There are indications of white gifts from above arriving in force late today and on into Thursday, but time will tell.

Got some layout work done yesterday, then took a ride up to a friend's to set the DS board up for the Wednesday night Op Session. Got it all nicely organized, and am now wondering if the 27 mile ride up there tomorrow evening will be feasible.

Oh, well. It's a thrill a minute around here.... And time for a last cup of coffee, another quick look around, and then out to reclaim the garage for the automobile....

Make it a great day, folks, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  10:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew I know Iím late but I had to go get some pictures blown up of John Olsonís turntable. Wow Bruce I looked up Holly and it looks like you got a winner there and a train club too. Just get your sled and take Bonnie to town foe a hot tea. Am going down in a bit to get lots done. See you later Tom

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  11:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked on a laser-cut flatcar kit last night. The car itself is almost complete, except for adding weight underneath and adding the brake staff. I still need to paint the wheelsets and trucks, then add them & couplers. Then it joins a zillion other cars in the "to-be-lettered" queue.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  1:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rain rain go away in Rochester NY.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  3:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím spending mid afternoon installing a new printer/scanner on the Dollís system. NO written directions at all, 2 icons showing removal of packing then a 3rd with a drawing of a smart phone and a web site..... You would be in a mess if your werenít on the net. Drivers and everything are downloads. I hope it works ok. It made a great doorstop in the box for 3 months since I bought it for her.

Iím ready for snow. I aired up the Ďalways flatí tire on the machine and placed 8 bright colored/reflector posts out along the driveway edges to guide me in a white out.....more than likely little will get me out in a white out. The sun will come out tomorrow.

Well back to the printer.

Later all.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/05/2017 3:20:37 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  3:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

A busy morning . Well at least the tree is up now to decorate it.

With the silly season bench time is almost out of the question.
I will try to sneak and hour in later...

Everyone have a great evening!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000