Railroad Line Forums - MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  07:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Coffee is on and water for Walt. Homemade waffles with butter and Vermont maple syrup. Sides of bacon & sausage.
Fresh fruit if you want it.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/23.

Blood work this am so I have to rush.

Everyone have a great day!!
Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and the incoming crew, thanks for opening up and the coffee and breakfast. I'm out of here, back to my 'temporary job'. A little post mortem work today, and I think it'll be a wrap.

Catch up later.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and the rest of the RR-L Crew this cool (46f) but getting COLDER (30f) Monday morning.
Hot tea and Oatmeal thank you. I always put a handful of Cranrasins in the oatmeal. Especially good with the apple cinnamon kind.
Coffee a bit later this morning.

Still going through and prearranging my work area. Have lots and lots of stuff I need to dispose of. The photography printing items are the first to go when I can find them a good home. Thought I wanted to be a professional photographer a few years back until a Nikon rep asked me this: "What's the difference between a professional photographer and a large pizza?" Answer: "A large pizza can feed a family of four!" That convinced me that wasn't the direction to go and it's proven true since. Everyone has a cell phone camera and feels that's good photography. So be it. [grin]

Have lots to work at today so, Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the Train Yard.

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening Jerry, hope they find the blood they need. Good morning Crew from very wet So. Wisconsin where it started raining around 2am and has not let up. T-storms woke me out of a sound sleep and I basically tossed and turned after that. Coming down in huge drops right now. Temperature is 51f degrees and heading to 60. More T storms they are saying for 3 this afternoon. Thankfully this is not snow as my rains gauges all are showing more then 1Ē so far.

Fitness center at 9 with the wife and then who knows. If it continues to rain we will stay home, if not I know she wants to hit the Art Museum in Madison. Iíve putting this one off but I think the time has come. The LHS was not open as I got there too early yesterday. Maybe today as I need more ballast.

Enjoy your day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jerry and crew. It's going to be a nice day in Tidewater Virginia.

Our granddaughter got married this weekend, so we had a great family and friends gathering. Now back to the real world. Well, not quite. We're leaving on a two week trip tomorrow, so we need to pack for that trip today.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and the rest of the crew. It is 39 degrees and foggy right now in the Jersey Highlands. It wasn't foggy when we woke up, but it has slowly crept in over the past half-hour. It must be warmer air colliding with the cooler air currently in place.

Yesterday I consolidated some of the firewood stacks and took the mowing deck off the Kubota. I want to use the tractor to move some brush and rotting logs down to the brush pile at the back of the yard before putting the snow blower on, so that is on the agenda for this afternoon.

This morning I have some errands to run, including a stop at Chuck's house to drop off some 'stuff' for the 2018 NER Convention.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  09:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Light rain and cool in Michigan with a sense of foreboding over the pending plunge in weather conditions. We've had a fairly nice run of good weather so that should be a positive thing.

Not much new since yesterday, I made a trip to a small train show yesterday and found an older new in the box Stewart BALDWIN road switcher. I've had one as a search target in my head for awhile and this was reasonably priced and undecorated so I don't have to put a stripping step in to finishing it when Im able to. I camo brown painted 35-40 feet of track early yesterday but the odor of the paint really bothered the Doll when she got home last evening. I'll have to ditch all my spray camo, I guess.

I'm not sure what is going to go on today. I'm sure I'll find out as the day progresses. Everyone have a good day.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  09:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see all these smiling faces this morning!!

Blood work is done. The girl told me I have to much blood in my alcohol system!!

Now for a much needed cup of coffee.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  09:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening up this morning Jerry. Its a chilly buy sunny morning here in southern NJ with temps expected to barely break into the 50's. I have an appointment with a client at 12, then back home. Today's big event is to clean the leaves off the yard. There are a lot so I expect it to take me most of the afternoon.

I finally made it downstairs last night for a while. I started one project; to replace the rope lights I installed over the tracks that emerge from staging onto the step landing with LED tape lights. They should brighten things up again. I plan to finish that project tonight.

No other plans for today. Have a great day!

Mark

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

44 and Monsoon Rains right now in the northern mitten, but the rain is cold. Quite cold. This is a harbinger of the arrival of Ol' Man Winter, who makes his triumphal return to da frozen nort' tomorrow afternoon as the temperature tanks for the foreseeable future.

Made some helix progress yesterday, but it also revealed that I still have additional sawyer work to get at before I can put the saws away and use the garage for its intended purpose. Looks like sawing in the rain, which sounds almost like a song cue. At least it will be under cover....

Make it a great day, All! Stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:09:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast saw -3C overnight but clear sky and full sun have warmed us up quite a bit. Clouds and rain tomorrow afternoon and night, and even warmer. My lawn is still growing, not at all the December of my youth.

I haven't spent a day home since Thursday - Friday at Seashore assembling a turnout, then the weekend at the Hub Division's NEMTE show. I should find some time for the layout this week, though.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! Thanks for the coffee. Shoving off to work today but need to finish the west side gutters as rain is coming in at 10pm tonight. Full of leaves and debris from the walnut trees.

The last several weeks I'm slowly building a small modular lay-out for some local shows. Added all the leg pockets yesterday in the sunshine. Nice day it was but looks like some bad weather is coming. Have a great day! Philip

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000