Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Dec. 2017 "Modeling Year In Review"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Dec. 2017 "Modeling Year In Review"
Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Durango & Silverton engine #486 Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 17 Modeling With Wood & Paper
Page: of 5

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
It is past time to open the December Photo Gallery. This will be our 11th Annual ‘photo review’ - a showcase of what we have accomplished at the modeling bench or on the layout in 2017.

Photos showing any modeling work you've done over the past year are welcome: structures, rolling stock, vehicles, motive power, scenery work, track work, layout construction - all are appropriate!

As we did last year, we will include another category to the mix. Feel free to add your favorite photo(s) that you took during 2017 even if the subject of the photo was not built during the year or was on someone else's layout or diorama.

Since the more prolific modelers among us might have a lot of photos to share, I will suggest that you spread them among several posts. Those members on dial-up have loads of problems if we upload more than 3 or 4 pictures at a time.

Okay, then, let’s see what you have accomplished or what photos you have taken in 2017!

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  10:00:45 AM  Show Profile
For most of you that remember the “Home brewed ‘PLYMOUTH’ Railcar Critter kit by Backwoods Miniatures” in On30, I always wanted to try and build a similar one in HO scale for the L&R Railroad. I started out with two kits of a 1/72 scale 1942 Army staff car from ACE models, and a Bachmann HO scale Trolley/Cable car for my project. See build here; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48505

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:41:07 AM  Show Profile
That was a great build, Louis.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Started late in 2016, but finished in January of this year, MicroScale Model's Wintersrun Tower was one of my few modeling accomplishments in 2017.

The build thread is here: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48257&whichpage=1

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile
Louis, it was your enthusiasm and fun that you were having with your railcar project that prompted me into joining the "Pick One & Build One" Challenge, started back in January.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48421
Which gave me the opportunity to turn an old bronzed baby shoe, into a home for this Old Lady's new daycare operation.

And also turn an old spoon handle into a shoehorn slide for the kids to play on.

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 12/03/2017 11:53:07 AM

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile

Greg, I smile every time is see your diorama...
Thanks...

Bob

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  3:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Bob, glad to read that my work with the shoe brings out smiles!

Greg

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile
About the only modeling I did all year, a Bar Mills kit with some modifications.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

engineerkyle
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  7:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit engineerkyle's Homepage

I added some stuff to my layout om HO Scale...

Thank guys, for a wonderful year...

www.engineerkyle.com

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  7:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
I've had a very productive year on the Wyoming Valley. It started with a couple structures for the anthracite colliery.

The first is a silo used to store the coal for the colliery powerhouse. The primary parts are a Walthers concrete farm silo and leftover parts from the New River Mining kit.

The second is an intermediate structure that is used between sections of a conveyor system. The conveyor system delivers coal to the silo, above. The conveyor has to take a 90 degree turn, which is why you see the holes placed where they are. The primary parts are leftovers from a Walthers New River Mining kit.

Now, putting it all together, you can see the breaker, conveyors, and two towers in this shot.

Chuck

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  9:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage
I completed this in January 2017. Micro Scale Models Bowers Brewery renamed "Oakleaf Oysters".

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  08:40:35 AM  Show Profile
Foreground flats that I made for the club layout.

George

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  12:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
The second completed project was two handcar sheds, one for my layout and another for a friend's. The model is based on a Feb 1974 article in RMC. As a teenager at that time, I built it from cardboard. I have lost that model but decided to rebuild it using styrene.

Chuck

Gilbert Gribi
New Hire

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  2:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gilbert Gribi's Homepage
My ferry on30 1/43.5 scale

See my layout here www.gilbert-gribi.com

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  08:01:38 AM  Show Profile
My first project of 2017 was finishing this garage I started the year before. Jeez, it doesn't seem that long ago.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

That was a great build, Louis.

quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

Louis, it was your enthusiasm and fun that you were having with your railcar project that prompted me into joining the "Pick One & Build One" Challenge, started back in January.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48421
Which gave me the opportunity to turn an old bronzed baby shoe, into a home for this Old Lady's new daycare operation.

Greg Shinnie

Thanks Bruce and Greg for your comments, and posting your thoughts.

Greg, That was a fantastic idea of yours as well, and a great scene that you made of it.

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Durango & Silverton engine #486 Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 17 Modeling With Wood & Paper  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000