Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE Topic Next Topic: Saturday Morning Lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  06:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers. Just had to double check 'online users' so that the lounge didn't get opened through the back door.

So here is yesterday's breakfast, The coffee urn has signaled 'READY' with Railbender blend. The special is a Belgian waffle stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese. Of course this is the zero calories recipe. Fresh fruit, (there is a banana and an apple in the bowl) and the juice bar. We're back to sporks as the scullery is jammed up with a weeks worth of dishes. Toss your paper plates in the garbage can. (It's all been reheated! Although the banana is looking a little weird.)

I'm heading out to early mass, and will get some bench time in later.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  07:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L crew. See you're up with the cows this morning Jim. 32f here in the crossroads.

I'll have a cup of coffee and a donut at Church this morning. We'll be heading out shortly. Then it will be down to TGI Friday's for some ribs I get FREE. Earned the points so time to cash them in.

Got my new tool cabinet sans work table in place last night. Boy that sucker is heavy at around 300 pounds. A lot for two old people to lift around and move. This afternoon I'll get the 3D printer and other equipment re-installed on it so I can start production again. Still have a lot of cleaning up to do and lots of stuff to get rid of. Think I'm going to get rid of my professional Epson photo printer. It does a really great job on just about any material up to 13x19 inches. Lots of ink, paper, including canvas, to move out of here so I can gain more production room.

Everyone have a Safe and Fun day in the COLD Train Yard today.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  08:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is overcast and 40 degrees right now in the Jersey Highlands.

Yesterday was spent touring northwest NJ and eastern PA taking care of a number of chores. We did get to Sparta where the German Christmas Market is, but the crowds were so huge and parking so scarce that we decided to head home instead. I think that they have outgrown the location. They now have remote parking lots set up miles away with school buses shuttling people to the location. Not my cup of tea.

With all the kidding about moving to snowy, cold Michigan, I want to point out that while we are out there closing on the house next Friday in the sun, the Jersey Highlands are expected to get 1"-3" of snow that day with more on both Saturday and Sunday. That, like all weather forecasts, are subject to change.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  09:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soggy waffles and brown bananas, you can do better Jim!

30 and bright sun in MI this morning, a bit of a haze but super bright. We had some sort of weather phenomenon Friday where there was a perfect circle in the overcast that formed over the W Grand Rapids area and drifted East through out the day. Some pictures it looked like the "Mother Ship" but I saw no sign of Brother Louis around anywhere. Tonight we've been promised a Super Moon, the only one of the year. Earth is at it's closest to the moon this year so the moon will be bigger. Get out your lunar micrometers!

I finished power drops and then ran a test light engine movement on the new section of track I've been working on for awhile. It ran well and there were no visible problems. I've printed out portals for the tunnel entrances on both ends of the tunnel that will be placed as I enter a scenery phase for a bit. I may run down and paint the open portion of the track with brown camo flat this morning before I run out for a bit. I may run over to GR for a small train show I heard about.

Bruce, your going to have your share of snow here in MI, but no more than we've seen in your photos over time. It will be great to call your a Michigander, now a legal mandate with legislation signed this last week defining that as the legal name of a resident of our fine state, only exception is for Yoopers, who live in a whole different state. Of mind.

Great day all!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, a bright clear cool morning in So. Wisconsin, heading to the 50ís. Thanks Jim for opening and the breakfast.

I must be sick, I am watching the morning political shows and no matter what side your on, we are in trouble. These guys are so full of themselves.

I will head to the LHS and get some more ballast. Enjoy your day.

Tom

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  10:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! Its kind of a grey cold morning here in southern NJ. Just coffee for me this morning.

I had a productive day yesterday, and a great op session last night. Today I have an open house to do, then home tonight. I have no plans other than to head downstairs for the first time in weeks. I have some clean up to do and a few minor repairs to do to get ready for me next op session next Friday.

Have a great day!

Mark

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, 8-10" for Milford, Michigan Friday....just kidding!

Karl, I saw a super Moon at Walmart yesterday wearing a .....

Tom, Start watching 'Ancient Aliens' on the History (yeah, right!) Channel. We're really in trouble!

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Jim I think I'll stick to the coffee this am.

Weather here in South Jersey cloudy/44. A gray day for sure.

Well most of the inside decorations are up. But we still have the tree to do.

Today we have to finish packing the boxes that go to CA> for the family out there.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  11:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Tom, Start watching 'Ancient Aliens' on the History (yeah, right!) Channel. We're really in trouble!

Jim

I love watching Ancient Aliens. R u trying to tell me itís not true and I should not believe? OH No!

Tom

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  1:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

How do you get a job title "Investigative Mythologist"? Bwaaah! [:D}

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  1:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Tom,

How do you get a job title "Investigative Mythologist"? Bwaaah! [:D}

Jim

You make it up! I like the guy whose hair stands on end like the boxing promoterís used to. Ancient Aliens is more fun than the ghost hunter stories, that is why I mostly watch hockey. At least thatís not fake.

Tom

Previous Topic: MONDAY MORNING LOUNGE Topic Next Topic: Saturday Morning Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000