Railroad Line Forums - Links to Cedarhill Designs
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 129 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Links to Cedarhill Designs
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Anyone know The Shay Fixer?  

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  5:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am hoping someone can help me find links to archived builds of Cedarhill Designs structure kits. The kits were designed by Carl Cornish and were marked under two possible names: Timeless Structures and Cedarhill Designs. I am hoping that some can be found here in the RR-Line archives. A few of the structure builds I am hoping to find are:
JEB'S PLACE and
McMURPHY'S

Thanks, Dave S Tucson, AZ

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  6:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you are talking the scale of "O" or On30 scale? Those kits came out in 2005 and 2006. Don't remember any builds of them, but Rick did a Review of the Cedarhill Designs kit; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10240

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  6:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be incorrect on this. But I believe Brett of Sierra West has the rights to all the kits.
My apologies if I am incorrect.
ed

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/03/2017 :  9:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louis, Ted and Ed thanks for your replies.

Louis, yes I should have specified that I was talking about the Cedarhill O-Scale kits. Thanks for that link. It has a helpful sketch of McMurphy's.

Ted, Thanks for that lead. I'll have to look for Rich's (The Pennman's) on-line address.

Ed, Yes, Brett Gallant has announced that he has had the rights to the Cedarhill kits/designs for a while now. He has also indicated that he used one of the kit's parts in his design of O'Neill's Fabrication.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  10:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice kits!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  6:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Louis gave you one build, and here is another.

http://railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16127&whichpage=2

Rich

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  8:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also Dave, Carl G. Cornish is a member here...his user name is pulpyskipper.

Click on "Members"...find the "P" section and type "Pulpy" into the search box.....

You can find his older non-archived posts of pix of his own work there. Excellent work.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  9:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, also, if you type in pulpyskipper in Google, Lots of pictures come up , in images'...of Carl's work. Some real nice ones..

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  07:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was very fortunate to purchase the exclusive rights to most of the Cedarhill design kits from Carl. They are superb designs and lots of fun to work with! O'Neills Fabrication was the first kit I released based upon one - and I have more planned.

Brett

Edited by - sierrawest on 12/05/2017 07:02:01 AM

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  7:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can find some good pictures of the kits your looking for.... you can always Scratch Build it yourself.

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks fellow modelers for all the helpful links to see builds of Carl's Cedarhill Design Kits.

I have been a customer of Brett's SWSM for some years now and have the aforementioned O'Neills Fabrication kit. In fact it was a mention that he purchased the rights to the line of kits and used some of the Cedarhill Design ideas in that kit that prompted my search for some photos and/or other Cedarhill kit builds. The first place I though of to search was this forum. My original searches came up blank and that was when I asked for some help from fellow RR-Line modelers. I have received great help and some neat links from you guys. Especially exciting was the link from Rich (Pennman) to Carl O's build of Jeb's Place. Karl O has been an inspiration to many of us on this forum for years and I am a big fan of his modeling. Karl's build of Jeb's Place was another homerun as far as I am concerned. Jeb's Place is a great structure with all the different roof lines, decks and stairways. I hope I live long enough to see Brett offer that as an O-Scale kit by SWSM.
Time to get on with more searches based on suggestions here to see what else I can find.

Thanks again.

Edited by - Dave S on 12/07/2017 09:54:46 AM

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl B.,

Thanks for the great search suggestions. I will follow up on them this evening and tomorrow.

Edited by - Dave S on 12/07/2017 09:39:36 AM

pulpyskipper
Section Hand

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pulpyskipper's Homepage  Click to see pulpyskipper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just logged on and have been surprised with all the discussion going on concerning my Cedarhill Designs kits. As stated I have sold most of my kit designs to Brett and he has shown interest in the remaining ones. And if you know Brett, I am still waiting, almost two years, for the answer to that. I am still doing build ups for some of my old clients and enjoying my retirement, here, living on the beach. Thanks for all your positive comments.

Carl Cornish
Cedarhill Designs

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  10:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl - I would love to purchase the remaining one's but the product you wanted to trade for has not been available during that time. Please give me a call, the number I have for you must be old...

Thanks! Brett

Previous Topic: Thursday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Anyone know The Shay Fixer?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000