Railroad Line Forums - Saturday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday Lounge 1st of December  

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  08:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the Jersey Highlands where the sun is shining and it is 33 degrees. Breakfast today includes oatmeal with dried cranberries, brown sugar and maple syrup; eggs almost any style you want (I don't do poached eggs), and a Sour Cream Coffee Cake still warm from the oven. Our coffee is something called the Smoke Box Blend.

We will be out and about today. First a stop at the Sterling Zinc Mine to lock down the date and time for next fall's convention tour. Then we continue to Bangor, PA in the Slate Belt to pick up a book we ordered from the Slate Belt Heritage Center. After lunch in Bangor, we will probably stop at the German Christmas Market on Lake Mohawk in Sparta, NJ.

What is on your agenda?
Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, looks like you won the tie-breaker!

Good morning crew and readers. It's a red sky morning here in N.E. Indiana. Actually a beautiful sunrise, I guess everyone you can see is good.

(breakfast deferred until tomorrow)
The coffee urn has signaled 'READY' with Railbender blend. The special is a Belgian waffle stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese. Of course this is the zero calories recipe. Fresh fruit, (there is a banana and an apple in the bowl) and the juice bar. We're back to sporks as the scullery is jammed up with a weeks worth of dishes. Toss your paper plates in the garbage can. (I don't do poached either )

I worked at my 'temporary job' yesterday. I've been doing a little consulting work this past week. Yesterday's place was a restoration shop. The owner is quite a character, an old school craftsman and artist. It's a small shop that you could probably spend a month just looking at the collection of 'stuff' he has packed in there. Everything from an elephant gun to railroad lanterns, WWI pilots leather helmets, organ grinder, small cannons, high wheel bicycle, etc. etc. What an experience. I'm going back a little later on today to finish up. I might bring my camera.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  08:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew.34f here in the Crossroads of America. I've come to the conclusion that Jim lives in Amish country seeing he doesn't have the usual amenities.

Just tea and oatmeal for me today. My new 6 foot long tool storage cabinet is coming this afternoon. I need to clean up a lot and move a lot so it can be rolled in here in my work area. As it's only 18 inches deep I have a 24 inch by 6 foot piece of counter top to put on it giving me a good work surface. The 3D printer and auto washer will go on one end and the other end is work area. I can then fold up the large craft/sewing table I've been using and recoup some space in my work area. Sans living room.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the ever chilling Train Yard.

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  08:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Bruce thanks for opening and breakfast. Mr. Chief Opener, Jim are you slowing down or just confused by the consulting JOB!

Weather in So. Wisconsin is nice and still dry. 34f degrees now, 52 later.

At noon local time I will be taking the 4 year old grandson to his Learn to Play hockey. My daughter played from 3rd grade up to 2 years in college so the hockey gene has been handed down. My son played from 6 years old to junior in high school but due to concussions he found computers and girls. My son in law is confused by all this as he is not prepared to give up his future to being a hockey parent.

Yesterday afternoon after I laid some ballast, I took the grandson to seniors open skate. He and a couple other under 5 kids with their grandparents loved it. They allow kids but limit them to 5 so you sort of need a reservation. The seniors, some over 80 love it. It is funny to see some of the older folks wearing hockey pants to help protect the hips if they fall. When I asked it turns out, the 80+ skaters are from the nearby retirement, senior, assisted if needed center. My 5th time skating this year and 5th time in almost 25 years. It is fun and great exercise.

Later tonight, my wife and I have been invited to a Badger party. Should be a tough game and I feel the Badgers will have their 1st loss and drop out of the top 4 in football. Not sure why we are going as neither of us really care but the people are friendly and usually a fun group.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  09:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Bruce thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/38. Looks to be a nice Fall day.

This morning I have to finish playing with the outside lights as one string decided it would not light anymore.

Later we will start with the decorations inside.

Maybe some bench time later tonight...

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off and on sun this morning in MI, temp in the 40s at 10 am. Should be a nice day.

Slept a bit later today after yesterday's full day of activities, daytime ops and night time Christmas parade. I think I saw the grand daughter in the band as we went by. The parade lasted about an hour and while cool it wasn't bone chilling. I haven't been to a parade in years. The town, Grand Ledge, MI, has more parades than any place I know of, it's a pretty well organized event. Floats and lit rigs from nearly every church, insurance agency, towing or snow plowing service, garbage hauler and civic group in town with a string of fire rigs and police vehicles doing tail end Charlie.

One of the Doll's girls is coming over today later so I best get moving at some things. Everyone have a good day. I'm going to do a couple more power drops on the new track and print out another tunnel portal.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  10:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening this morning Bruce. It looks to be a nice day here in southern NJ. The bright sun is keep the temps on the warmer side with temps headed into the 50's again today.

I have an appointment with a client this morning, then I'm headed over to Ken McCorrey's house for an op session there tonight. Always a great time there!

The home improvement projects are essentially done now! The new floor, which was the last big project, was installed yesterday. I just need to put things back together now and clean, and then get back to modeling. My next op session is next Friday, so I have a few things to do on the railroad before then.

Funny story; so since the floor was being replaced, I had to remove the toilet in the powder room. Since this was an older toilet and worse yet, grey in color (which doesn't match the color of the bathroom), I decided I would buy a new toilet and replace the old one. I figured I would get that installed last night after a quick trip to Home Depot. I got home, unloaded the huge heavy box into the garage and proceeded to open the box, only to find that the bowl portion was broken into several pieces! UGH! So, today I'l return the broken one, but will open the box before leaving the store to make sure I get one that's in one piece!

Have a great day!

Mark

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  10:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Bruce and crew. It's a nice autumn day in Charlottesville, Virginia. My granddaughter is getting married this evening. We had a nice rehearsal dinner last night. The bridal party are getting their hair done and other ritual activities this morning. My son and were sent out to get some champagne and Pepto Bismal.

Have a good day.
George

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  11:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy am I last one in just coffee for me, l am working on a paper slate roof for my Cannery trying to get the grays, blues and browns I. Got some pictures from Searra West so we will see what happens. See you later. Tom

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  3:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Bruce and crew. It's a nice autumn day in Charlottesville, Virginia. My granddaughter is getting married this evening. We had a nice rehearsal dinner last night. The bridal party are getting their hair done and other ritual activities this morning. My son and were sent out to get some champagne and Pepto Bismal.

Have a good day.
George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  4:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today's accomplishment was changing the oil in the snow blower. I still need to get gas in the can before it snows, but this is progress. We also went to a nice/large indoor farmer and craft market. I bought some pork ribs, mushrooms and Christmas presents.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  4:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like George has been nipping at that champagne.......

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  4:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, make sure you know if a toilet seat is included. I didn't realize that they now sell toilets "a-la carte" and for many of them, you have to buy the seat separately. Nor did I fully understand there are round and oblong toilets.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday Lounge 1st of December  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000