Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday Lounge 1st of December Topic Next Topic: Wednesday lounge, get humpin  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  08:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! It's 41 and drizzling in N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has just flashed READY with Boilermaker blend this morning. (It's OK Karl!) The special is eggs and grits, with Georgia bacon on the side. A couple of guys from Quebec showed up, so they brought their recipe for French toast as well. Mmmm. The juicebar and fresh fruit are in good shape. Silverware is straight ahead, on your right.

Well, I finally got into the shop yesterday after an extended Thanksgiving weekend. So, I worked on an intermittent error light on the Buick. I can't tell if I resolved it or not. It's INTERMITTENT! I returned to making doors for the roundhouse project. Slow going on that one.

I'm heading out to the shop shortly, and see what trouble I can get into today.

Have a Super day!

Jim

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  08:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to be a nice sunny day in Tidewater Virginia. I haven't done a bike ride in a week, so I need to do one today.

Does anyone know about this gray paint scheme?

All I can find is it's called a World's Fair paint scheme, but I haven't been able to find out why and how many boxcars the B&O had painted this way.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  08:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 32 degrees now in the Jersey Highlands. No rain in the forecast for today.

I took advantage of the warmish weather yesterday and almost finished the battle with the leaves. I will finish up the fall cleanup today. I also got some of the Christmas lights up yesterday before dark.

Before putting the leaf vac back in the barn, I want to get some of the 'stuff' down that I have stored in the barn rafters. Some will get trashed and some I will give to a local 4-H Rabbit club.

I plan on getting the rest of the outdoor Christmas decorations up this afternoon.

Speaking of Christmas Decorations, Bonnie has been busy knitting Christmas Stockings for our youngest son, his wife, and five kids. The kid's Stockings are done and out in Puyallup, WA. She is done with our son's and about 1/3rd done on our DIL's.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

That's quite a yarn Bonnie is knitting.

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim as always great to have you open and breakfast. Boilermaker blend of coffee, gee not what I think of and I donít drink either.

37f degrees now, heading to 49 in So. Wisconsin but very windy. Still, better than very cold and windy.

I spent way more than planned at the Walthers sale and then I went to the LHS and Michaels. I will be trying to finish before Xmas my Papermill area. That was my goal for 2017 and Iím not too far away. Weíll see but only I will know if itís done. My wife says I only need to put roofs on to be looking finished.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's damp and 40 in mid Michigan this morning, everything is wet from rain. It looks like it's clearing to the West and maybe the day will improve.

I laid a long section of curved track yesterday on the branch line in the 'mountain' on the layout yesterday, It's a trick soldering 5 lengths of flex track together while inside the curve on the inside of the mountain framework. It all appears to have come out well. I need to put some power to it and see how things run on it.

Jim's instructions eased me thru the filament change on the 3D printer yesterday. I'll tinker with it later and see if I can it going again. I don't really like the darkness of the supposedly silver color filament I have in it. I had white to begin with and there is a stark difference.

Time to get rolling for the day, yep, it looks like sun is coming out from under the cloud bank.

I happened onto the December issue of MRH online last night, there is a lengthy article with numerous photos for George Sells' railroad F&SM. Will have to dig into it sometime soon.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/30/2017 09:32:00 AM

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, folks. Last day of November. Hard to believe!

I should be wrapping up a projec for the layout. I hpe to be posting some photos of the finished model, later.

Marcia is heading into NYC to visit a friend of ours, who is moving to southern NJ. It is his last day in the city. He said he is ready to go. I think he has had enough of NYC. But, if you talked to him a year ago, you had the sense he would never leave. Funny how a switch can go off in your head, like that.

After a day in the low 60's, yesterday, it is a bit on the chilly side, today.

So, stay warm!

Chuck

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew on the not to cold morning I think I might rake leaves and put lights up or go into the train room we'll see.time to get something done,see you later. Tom

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  09:44:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew! It's going to be a 'seasonably warm' day today again here in southern NJ with temps headed to the upper 50's. A possibility of rain tonight.

Reading through everyone's morning posts, I am getting insanely jealous that I haven't been able to get to my layout in weeks. So many projects I want to dive into, but I have to discipline myself to move forward and get these 'home improvement' jobs done. The good news is I'm almost there! Some trim work to do today, then the flooring goes in tomorrow and that is it for now. Still have a lot to do to get ready for the holidays, but my op session is coming up next Friday so I think I'll take some this weekend to head downstairs, clean up, make a few repairs and get back into things for a while. Lord knows I need the diversion!

Have a great day!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  10:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Bruce,

That's quite a yarn Bonnie is knitting.

Jim

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  10:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

... if you talked to him a year ago, you had the sense he would never leave. Funny how a switch can go off in your head, like that.

Chuck

Tell me about it, Chuck. We close on the Michigan house next Friday. Originally the current owners asked if they could stay in the house for 4-6 weeks (paying rent) while they closed on their new house. Now they think that they can be in their new house by Christmas. We might start our transition a month earlier than we expected.

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  11:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

... if you talked to him a year ago, you had the sense he would never leave. Funny how a switch can go off in your head, like that.

Chuck

Tell me about it, Chuck. We close on the Michigan house next Friday. Originally the current owners asked if they could stay in the house for 4-6 weeks (paying rent) while they closed on their new house. Now they think that they can be in their new house by Christmas. We might start our transition a month earlier than we expected.

Just in time for Winterís glorious welcome. I made my very first move in January 1976. What a treat. We were able to drive right up to the front door on the iced in yard, tho.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Please!!! Don't tell him this stuff. It's more fun if he finds out about this all by himself!

Pleasant move, Bruce!

Pete
in Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  1:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, maybe I need to consider alternate means of transportation.

https://youtu.be/uAEbSqyiRAA

Bruce

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  5:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Man! Those Christmas stockings are beautiful.
ed

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  5:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ed k

Oh Man! Those Christmas stockings are beautiful.
ed

Thanks, Ed. I'll let Bonnie know.

Bruce

Previous Topic: Friday Lounge 1st of December Topic Next Topic: Wednesday lounge, get humpin  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000