Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday lounge, get humpin'
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday lounge, get humpin'
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
30 degrees and clear sky full of sunlight in MI this morning. A perfect morning to fire up the cook stove, toss in a couple logs and heat up the coffee, it should perk momentarily. Huntcamp blend is today's brew. Hunting season is in full swing with plenty of activity in the woods. A pot of venison chili is simmering for lunch later, but right now we've a full range of camp favorites, eggs, sausage, grits, bacon and steak. Still a couple beers in the cooler from last night's tall tales session at the card table. Hair of the Dog brand.

Yesterday officers from the DNR and the Sheriff Dept I retired from were engaged in a chase and gunfight with a suspect they were attempting to serve a warrant on for a weapons violation. Our Department has good firearms training. One less poacher.

I've made some more progress on the inside curve I'm bending for the branch line and ran the printer out of filament. I'll have to figure out how to clear out the remnant of old and load in a new reel.

Everyone have a good day, enjoy the weather will be on my list. Take care, drive safe.
Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl and the rest of the crew. It is 51 degrees and sunny here in northern NJ. This is one warm day before another cold front comes through. I'm heading out in the yard to make the most of it.

Yesterday we took both the car and the truck into the dealer for safety recall work. I have the oil changed and tires rotated on the car as well. While waiting for the work to be done, we spent time in the nearby mall knocking a lot off the Christmas lists. Between that, Black Friday on-line deals and Cyber Monday, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the kids and grandkids.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Bruce and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine sunny and slightly chilly Wednesday morning. At least glad it's not snowing. I see the city trucks all running around with snow blades and salt scatter equipped. Maybe they know something I don't.

Just order some new equipment. A power washer for the 3D printer and a new 6 foot long multi-drawer tool cabinet to set stuff out on. Trying to clean up stuff around here.

If anyone might be interested I'm looking at getting rid of a lot of the old silicon resin casting molds I have. Big issue is shipping as they are heavy. Hate throwing them out though.

Well, it's off to work to pay for my new equipment. Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the SUNNY Train Yard.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 11/29/2017 09:48:29 AM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl and Bruce and anyone else who stumbles in. Its going to be a really nice day here in southern NJ with the sun shining and temps headed into the low 60's! I love it!

I continue with the home improvement project, now proceeding into the hallway. I am having new flooring installed on Friday, but to prepare for that I am installing new base molding. I started that project last night and hope to finish that up tomorrow. Once this is completed on Friday, I can call this long stretch complete! But it's been worth it. Long overdue and things have come together nicely. I do miss my time in the basement though so I am looking forward to getting back into things.

Have a great day!

Mark

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  10:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rusty
Sent you a PM.
Mark

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  10:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, folks. It has been a while since I checked into the RR-L office.

But, I have been busy on the layout. Maybe some pictures later this week. I also visited a GSD member, on Monday, to talk about his layout plan...and lunch and a beer! It is always fun to get together with MRR friends.

Marcia and I are heading to the library over lunch hour to see a concert. It is part of the library's "Lunch and Learn" series. Marcia has seen this trio, before, and really liked them. So, I will tag along.

Have a good one!

Chuck

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Karl thank you for opening. The wife is off to the fitness center as I am waiting for the contractor and our Wednesday meeting. With weather being so nice the last couple weeks, per last weekís meeting they are ahead of schedule. Itís an addition and remodel project and we want the timing to be right. We will head to Austin when they get to joining the new addition to the current house. That looks like most of January.

I didnít order any train stuff on the big 3 sale days past. I get at least 20% off retail from the LHS. However, Walthers occasionally has sales of better than 20% on line and with my free shipping code they sometimes are the better deal. This morning is one of those days. I know a lot of modelers dish on Walthers but Iíve had great experiences with them. I have though more and more ordered direct from Mfgs., that donít use Walthers to distribute.

Another sad day for a media big shot. Whatever happened to treating others like you want to be treated? Or how you would want your daughter treated? Sorry if thatís political!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  1:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to the GOLDEN RULE, TomO

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon gang,

Karl, thanks for opening. From the front panel, press the menu button, turn the knob to temps, scroll down to Nozzle, press the knob to select it, crank the knob to about 230 degrees Celsius, put the new spool on and send the filament down the boudoin tube manually operate the extruder, until the new filament starts coming out of the nozzle. You are ready to go.

Tom, These idiots want to MAKE the news, not report it. Well that fool is THE news. Let see, CBS, NBC, who will ABC come up with? Not a great story.

Have a Super day!

Jim

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  3:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom & Jim, any fool that doesn't appreciate 20 Million a year pay check certainly isn't go to show respect to others. And he has a daughter to boot'..No sympathy's here'.. Good reddens!!

Ted

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000