Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday lounge, get humpin Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  07:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests. It's 45 degrees at sunrise here in N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is 'READY' with Boilermaker Blend this morning. Two eggs, 2 strips of bacon, hash browns, and toast. The fresh fruit has arrived, and the juicebar is refilled.

The new RMC arrived yesterday and the Waterbury Pen Co. is quite a piece of work. It was the talk of the contest room at Orlando, and the photography and story in RMC really hit the target. The detail was spectacular.

Zero modeling yesterday as the day was consumed with grandkids. I did see an interesting sign at one of the local churches yesterday after lunch. "What to spend on your children this year?, TIME!" Pretty good advice.

No, 7 year old grandson, you will not be getting a phone for Christmas.

We'll see what goes on today, maybe some shop time.

Have a Super day!

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  08:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and crew

Thanks for the coffee & breakfast Ji.

Its a sunny/31 here in South Jersey 58 later on. Go figure!

Nothing to report from the bench.

Will take a walk on the beach later on today.
Maybe some time later on the bench.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's going to be a nice day in Tidewater Virginia - we're going to make it into the 60's.

I'm going to finish up making a few small trees this morning and take them to the club tonight to add to a barren looking scene. Maybe I'll do some more boxcar weathering if I don't get distracted with other things.

Have a good day.
George

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. Jim, I like that saying. Spending time with family is priceless!

Its going to be a nice day today, in fact it looks to be a nice week considering the time of year. Temps into the mid to upper 50's this week! I'm home this morning, waiting for them to deliver my new flooring, the last step in my 'home improvement phase'! Installation is this Friday. Later on today I an appointment with a client. Still no time for trains for me. It's been a while since I've been in the train room, but hopefully I can make it down there later this week.

Have a great day!

Mark

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  09:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this bright sunny and warming Tuesday. Going to hit 60 so they say.

Well, I'm trying to finish up a new small kit to release but also developing a number of new detailing pieces. I have the makings of a 3D scanner out being made as I didn't want to tie up my printer for 70+ hours doing it. .

I'm looking at putting in some new roll-around metal cabinets to replace the large fold up table. Menards has it on sale for less than half what Harbor Freight want's for it. Big though at 6 feet long and I'll have to pay to have it delivered. Also plan on some other new equipment to install once the cart is in place.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  10:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew on this warm 60 x day. Just finished packing the car for Lucy's craft show this evening. Maybe after setup I will go home and spend some time in the train room. I'm hoping by the end of the week we can settle down a bit . See you later. Tom

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  11:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from So. Wisconsin where it is in the 40ís going into the 50ís with lots of cloud cover. The fitness center is getting boring, 10 miles on the bike, 3 miles on the treadmill and mostly crap on the TV.

Yesterday I put up the lights and they didnít work on the house. I tested them prior to putting them up. On the house they donít work. Turns out the outside receptacles are not wired up. No fuses in the fuse box no incoming wires to the fuse box. The electrian will be here this afternoon. The house was a work in progress when we purchased from it the son, I might have looked a little closer.

Seeing the Thor movie this afternoon, dinner out and home to the trains.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice, mild day in MI today. I've been out to my son's, picked him up and brought him here to get his toolbox. He has his Toyota halfway thru a tuneup and needed more tools. He's stored the tools here for several years since he returned from Fla.

I worked on the layout several hours yesterday and plan on heading down there later today for awhile. I'm working on the inside of my mountain framework to put in another line I'd not planned when I put the others in place. Good thing I'm covering it up eventually cuz it's ugly. It's a different route than I'd planned for a branch line on my railroad empire. I'd really just like to get the track laid and operating. Too much other distractions.

Everyone have a good day.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Previous Topic: Wednesday lounge, get humpin Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000