Railroad Line Forums - A "European Christmas" Diorama Build Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 39 ]  [ Total: 39 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 A "European Christmas" Diorama Build Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: GIMPing a scene Topic Next Topic: DSP&P Reefer in HOn3
Page: of 23

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  08:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl interesting project. I have thought along similar lines and this may spur me on for Xmas 2018 as it’s too late with my skills for this year. Thanks for sharing

TomO

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  08:57:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that looks like a pretty nice kit, and in your hands it'll turn out spectacular.

if you don't know where you're going any road will get you there.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see the plot plan coming to life. I do like the idea of your wanting a trolley track and car included, isn't there a way you could cut back on the water front space, and have the trolley following the water line?

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  10:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great start Carl Some nice choices for the coloring. Just be careful when you get to the roof you never know what's there!!

…And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 10/18/2017 10:39:38 AM

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  2:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good start, Carl. Good colors.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  7:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Greg, Bob, Tom O, Kevin, Jerry and Bill. Appreciate all your comments.

Louis, that's a great idea about the trolley, but the "executive producer" of the project could not be convinced. Her theory is the rails in the pavement would catch the eye, therefore interfering with her intended atmosphere. Ah... the trials of trying to please someone else.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  10:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch! Been away from the forum a few days and this is what I found.
A thread I surely will follow#128512;

Håkan

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  10:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that's why i build and present. if i have questions i ask them, and if i want input i ask for it. you're too nice. (or perhaps there's an ulterior motive)
then again it's easier for me cuz i'm sequestered to the lowest level, where it's me and the spiders hanging out. all by ourselves

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  12:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl,

Excellent work plan and excellent beginning.

I see you're going to have some water. Add a wooden structure along the water's edge and you'll be back to your old habits.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2017 :  02:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey carl.

Great to see another build by you bro. Ill be following along for sure.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  12:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Håkan- good to hear from you...thanks for following along.

Kevin- Of course there's a hidden agenda! Seriously though, I found out that getting another persons idea translated to reality is very difficult. And my bride is the type that 'surprises" are not a good thing. That includes gift buying too!

Mike- Thanks, trust me, I'll be on the lookout for a "wood" item that may work somewhere...

Wes- Hey thanks, glad you're on board.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  5:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the walls and balcony railings look beautiful. but...that's what we've come to expect from you.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  6:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Carl, sorry I missed the usual Wednesday posting. I'm going to claim that I was too busy to notice. I like the coloring so far.

Have you ever tried Rust-O-Leum "Self Etching Primer", it's a nice flat medium green. It's for metal but I use it on everything, metal, wood, plastic looks and works great. I originally bought it or the G-10 boxcar but I now use it a lot.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  9:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin- Gee thanks.

Frank- I guess I'll have to take that "busy" excuse. Glad you like the colors.

I've heard about this "Self-Etching Primer", but haven't seen it in the stores in my area.
I'd certainly be willing to try it, and will look closer (or ask) next time I'm in the spray can section.

joakleaf
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 10/21/2017 :  3:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl -

Nice change of pace here - will be interested in what you develop. Have to agree, the Vollmer detail is quite good.

Jim

Page: of 23 Previous Topic: GIMPing a scene Topic Next Topic: DSP&P Reefer in HOn3  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.49 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000