Railroad Line Forums - Fine Scale Miniatures, the I.M.DUNN Co.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Fine Scale Miniatures, the I.M.DUNN Co.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: LED Light testing How-to & Homemade testers Topic Next Topic: Grandt Line Closing
Page: of 30

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Greg,
That scene is really coming together!
Cheers,
Dave



Dave, thanks for the nice comment!

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Looks good Greg.

finish this before Christmas
I was a bit apprehensive about that, but if the buildings are complete, you should have NO problem.



Carl, I hope that I can get this all wrapped up before Christmas, if not certainly by the year's end!

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member


Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some real nice work. Really like the weathering on the door hardware and channel.

So you should be calling this I.ARE.DUNN shortly!!


Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Country: USA | Posts: 10602 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  5:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Some real nice work. Really like the weathering on the door hardware and channel.

So you should be calling this I.ARE.DUNN shortly!!



Thanks! Jerry.
I promised myself I would concentrate on Full Steam Ahead in 2018, so this might be the last build you see from me for a awhile.

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

Michael Hohn
Fireman



Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg,

Everything looks great (I might have said that before but it bears repeating.) For some time now I have particularly liked your rearrangement of the kit buildings. Without meaning to disrespect George, kit creator extraordinaire, your interpretation makes a lot of sense.

Mike


_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Country: USA | Posts: 3951 Go to Top of Page

wvrr
Fireman



Posted - 12/06/2017 :  6:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very, very nice, Greg. I'm just getting caught up!

Chuck



Country: | Posts: 6469 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Greg,

Everything looks great (I might have said that before but it bears repeating.) For some time now I have particularly liked your rearrangement of the kit buildings. Without meaning to disrespect George, kit creator extraordinaire, your interpretation makes a lot of sense.

Mike



Mike, thanks for your kind remarks!
The way I think of it is, George's version of any kit that he has marketed, is only the mere starting point, of what you decide to do with it.
I would like to think, that George himself, would enjoy seeing something done a little different than what he had originally imagined for a kit.
Then everyone building it all the same, as he has shown it in his instructions.

Thanks again Mike, for your posts & continued interest in this build.

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Very, very nice, Greg. I'm just getting caught up!

Chuck



Thanks! Chuck.
Coming from such an excellent modeller as yourself, that Very, very nice, means a lot to me!

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

jsiekirk
Engine Wiper



Posted - 12/06/2017 :  7:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg

This build is really looking great! I'm enjoying following along - thanks for sharing it with us.



Country: USA | Posts: 152 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  8:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsiekirk

Greg

This build is really looking great! I'm enjoying following along - thanks for sharing it with us.



John, thanks! Glad your enjoying it.

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

Bill Gill
Fireman



Posted - 12/06/2017 :  9:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, As I.M. Dunn approaches its namesake level of completion it's great to see your interpretation coming together. I agree with Mike: your version looks right,
and with you: George would likely enjoy seeing your modifications.

Your last bits will highlight it all with details and lighting...waiting to see that :)
Then! Good luck and get busy with Full Steam Ahead!!



Edited by - Bill Gill on 12/06/2017 9:12:12 PM

Country: USA | Posts: 2287 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Greg, As I.M. Dunn approaches its namesake level of completion it's great to see your interpretation coming together. I agree with Mike: your version looks right,
and with you: George would likely enjoy seeing your modifications.

Your last bits will highlight it all with details and lighting...waiting to see that :)
Then! Good luck and get busy with Full Steam Ahead!!




Bill, thanks for your kind thoughts, and good insights throughout this build!
I can't wait to see the all the details planted and the lights being turned on as well!
As for FSA, I'm still trying to quit the habit of building kits, and start getting my head wrapped around producing them instead.

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member


Posted - 12/07/2017 :  05:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg, I see that last night you had so many great remarks on your build that it leaves me
lost for words to add any. However, I must say that you have again done a masterful job of it.
I like how you changed the kit to make it unique and put your stamp on it.

I can't wait to see it with your usual lighting but I fear that ominous statement about devoting
full time to FSA. Believe me I KNOW how a model business can cramp your time on fun model
building but somehow I think you will handle it.

I wish you great success with FSA but please try to stick in a model build every now and then.
Maybe you could build your own kits on the Forum.

Cheers,

Bob


http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38921
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45371
http://www.freewebs.com/santmod/

Country: USA | Posts: 3474 Go to Top of Page

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgtbob

Greg, I see that last night you had so many great remarks on your build that it leaves me
lost for words to add any. However, I must say that you have again done a masterful job of it.
I like how you changed the kit to make it unique and put your stamp on it.

I can't wait to see it with your usual lighting but I fear that ominous statement about devoting
full time to FSA. Believe me I KNOW how a model business can cramp your time on fun model
building but somehow I think you will handle it.

I wish you great success with FSA but please try to stick in a model build every now and then.
Maybe you could build your own kits on the Forum.

Cheers,

Bob




Thanks, Bob!
You have always been a great supporter of my work here, and a great mentor & friend!
I wish I could do builds here of any FSA kits that I produce, but that would be against the rules here.
Hopefully I will get to watch a future customer build one of my kits here instead.
So I better get busy and get one produced in 2018!

Greg



Country: Canada | Posts: 7691 Go to Top of Page

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sgtbob

Greg, I see that last night you had so many great remarks on your build that it leaves me
lost for words to add any. However, I must say that you have again done a masterful job of it.
I like how you changed the kit to make it unique and put your stamp on it.

I can't wait to see it with your usual lighting but I fear that ominous statement about devoting
full time to FSA. Believe me I KNOW how a model business can cramp your time on fun model
building but somehow I think you will handle it.

I wish you great success with FSA but please try to stick in a model build every now and then.
Maybe you could build your own kits on the Forum.

Cheers,

Bob



What Bob said!

Very, very nice!

Pete
in Michigan



Country: USA | Posts: 6068 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic: LED Light testing How-to & Homemade testers Topic Next Topic: Grandt Line Closing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000