Railroad Line Forums - Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Das Boot, a 1/35 scale WWII U-Boat diorama
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Interaction Hobbies Model Ts Topic Next Topic: Die cast excavator
Page: of 15

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  7:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, they are cut into the material. But upon a casual glance the eye and brain makes them look reasonable. Now a wash with a dark wash and they should pop more. The laser isn't a cheap thing to run, when it breaks down you want to break down and cry at the $$.

Thanks Carl, 1/35 is interesting because itís between 1/87 and 1/20, large enough to work with and not too big. Forgetaboutit in 1/6.

Greg, thanks.

Ok Jerry, I should have some more tug boat adventures this weekend.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 07/28/2017 7:35:22 PM

Tim Godfrey
Section Hand

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  9:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tim Godfrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those parts assembled into a really nice piece. It is amazing how you can envision the finished product as you sit at the computer with your CAD program. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  06:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good boom! The thinner parts do look a lot better. That's a lot of rivets, but adding them looks good.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  2:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim, thanks and I did see you today. Thanks for the help with planning the ties.

Bill, thanks even though they are reverse rivets they give the idea they are there.

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  3:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lloks great

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  5:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, John Nehrich showed me several pieces of rolling stock on the NEB&W that he or other club members had kitbashed or scratch built and the rivets on the cars had been embossed with a needle. At any normal viewing distance you can't tell they are "innies" instead of "outies", so yours will be fine.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  10:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Your new, thinner-profile boom with inverse rivets looks very realistic. The original looked very toy-like to me.

That's a good trick with the rivets. Like Bill Gill I learned it from John Nehrich or a NEB&W club member, but indirectly through a magazine article.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/30/2017 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank.

Thatís a bit of interesting news Bill.

Thanks Mike.

Carrie Creek
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/30/2017 :  3:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, the towing bitt should not be at the stern but closer to the center of the lateral plane. Remember that a boat steers from the stern and it makes a wider turn than the bow. With the drag of the tow you will never turn with it in the stern.

Phil Z
POR (press on regardless)

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  09:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rats. Thanks Philip.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  12:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's happening here Frank??

You been hiding at the beach??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  10:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new boom and boat parts came out super.

It's only make-believe

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  11:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked with Frank and Dave Revelia at the National Train Show in Orlando...so I know he's around.

Patience Jerry....

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  12:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listen... I think I hear zee Americans, returning to work on our sub repairs.
I think zee war will be ended, before zay finish.

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 08/10/2017 3:20:27 PM

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  12:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, I get a charge out of the depth you will go to for a grin, and it worked :)

Page: of 15 Previous Topic: Interaction Hobbies Model Ts Topic Next Topic: Die cast excavator  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000