Railroad Line Forums - Sierra West's "Twin Mills" Construction Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 54 ]  [ Total: 62 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Sierra West's "Twin Mills" Construction Thread
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Main Street Construction Thread Topic Next Topic: Holiday fun at Howards Super Service
Page: of 51

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  10:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since some forum members are ready to begin construction of Sierra West's "Twin Mills" sawmill kit, this thread has been started for discussions and photos related to the kit's assembly.

It should be an interesting thread, especially as more members who have the kit reach the point where they are ready to begin construction and join in.

(There are many excellent reference photos on the Sierra West website - http://www.sierrawestscalemodels.com/ I hope Brett doesn't mind that I "stole" one of them. )

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  10:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am glad to see this thread started. i think it will get others interested & get the old modeling juices flowing.

Dave Grassing has posted pictures in the FSMpix group. He has 4 pictures posted in the files as well as in the photo section. The sawmill will be the center for his portable layout. He is from the UK. These are some of the first pictures I have seen from a modeler of the sawmill. He has not totally finished it yet, but he is well on his way.

You have to join this group to view the pictures. The link is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSMpix/files/

Paul

P.S.: Here are the pictures for those who cannot access the FSMpix Forum.

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  01:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to the HOn3 forum & looked at the photos posted by Dave Grassing. They are the same as those above except for this photo of the log pond.

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 10/09/2003 01:24:35 AM

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  01:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for starting this tread. I am waiting on my kit to arrive! Dave Grassing's work looks great. Thanks Paul for posting them. I am just waiting for mine to be delivered so I can get started!

Edited by - bpate on 10/20/2003 5:40:54 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  6:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I will not be building this kit, I can't wait to see what new modeling techniques I pick up while looking over your shoulders!

Bruce

Bruce

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  7:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Although I will not be building this kit, I can't wait to see what new modeling techniques I pick up while looking over your shoulders!

Bruce

Whew Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!
For a minute I thought that you had really fallen off the wagon.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  7:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bbags

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Bruce

Whew Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!
For a minute I thought that you had really fallen off the wagon.

John,

I didn't say that I wouldn't be buying this kit!

Bruce

Bruce

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  12:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed Dave Grassing (his photos of the SW Sawmill were posted earlier) & invited him to join us & post photos & comments to this thread. I hope he does because he has several SW structures on his modules. I think his wife actually builds the structures. Maybe she can motivate our wives to join in!

There is also a website that shares some info & photos of his layout. The link is: http://www.members.aol.com/dave4844/index.html

Paul

Edited by - paulbrockatsf on 10/23/2003 2:58:27 PM

paulbrockatsf
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Dave Grassing has posted several new photos in the FSMpix group. The link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSMpix/files

You have to be a member of that group to view the photos.

Paul

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  4:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Paul, Dave has a great website and see he has joined the forum. Welcome Dave.

Brett at SW tells me he is shipping my sawmill kit next week. I took the opportunity to add the works train to the order.

Cheers

Edited by - bpate on 10/23/2003 4:35:07 PM

Tom Hopkins
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  11:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Tom Hopkins an AOL message  Send Tom Hopkins an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Barry,

Cool!!!! That means mine should be coming too since I ordered my "S" before you :-)}

btw.. I'm going to give Brett a call and order the water tank as well.

tom

Dave Grassing
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  12:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave Grassing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Hopkins

Barry,

Cool!!!! That means mine should be coming too since I ordered my "S" before you :-)}

btw.. I'm going to give Brett a call and order the water tank as well.

tom

I can only hope your kit arrives soon.Ours arrived last October aftern waiting nearly two years klit No 195 but it was worth the wait
Dave UK

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  5:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Dave,
Glad to see you have found us here at last.I think you will enjoy it here.Will you be going to Bilton?

NickO

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  7:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dave, welcome to RR-L and the finescale threads.

I have my sawmill but I'm not quite ready to start it yet. I may be joining the rest of you later.

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  02:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NickO, When is the Bilton show? I am back in the UK the end of November through to Christmas and like to attend one or two good shows if I can.

Tom, Let us know when yours arrives. I am very tempted by the water tower as well but may just put a reserve on one for now.

Everyone, this is my first kit of this type so I will need all the help I can get!

NickO
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  03:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Barry,

Bilton is not a show as such,it is the bi-annual gathering of the Slim Gauge Circle.This is ,as you might guess is,a small society of mainly middle aged men talking about American narrow gauge railways.There are about 100 members and the meetings are just a way of keeping in touch and to buy and sell railway stuff.However,it is on November 2nd,so I suspect you will miss it.The only other show I usually attend is Warley in Birmingham and that is at the beginning of December.I wouldn't be surprised if Dave is at that one as well.So if you do want to attend that one maybe we can meet? Only if you want to that is ! I usually go to Warley to stock up on modelling surplies.

NickO

Page: of 51 Previous Topic: Main Street Construction Thread Topic Next Topic: Holiday fun at Howards Super Service  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000