Railroad Line Forums - HOn30
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: Gary Hannibal ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn30
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HOn30 Joe Works Topic Next Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3
Page: of 3

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  07:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work. The caboose is looking good. I like the first iteration of the lettering. Have you thought of using the full name?

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  09:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tillerman1

I have been buried with work commitments for the past couple of months but starting to get back to modeling. Here are two flat cars I recently acquired and re-lettered, and a couple of shots of an in-progress caboose I am building from a Railway Recollections kit. I mocked up a couple different lettering arrangements on the caboose and am trying to decide which I like better. Any opinions?

Whenever I get back to actually working on the layout I will update my layout thread on this forum. I also started a blog (http://stgeorgerailroad.blogspot.com) where you can find additional details and random thoughts.

I like the lettering in the first caboose photo.

Jeff S.

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  9:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Bernd, I did think about using the full name but management wouldn't spring for the extra letters (i.e. a separate order of custom decals), especially since this is likely to be the only piece of rolling stock where I would use the full name.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2017 :  07:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tillerman1

Thanks guys. Bernd, I did think about using the full name but management wouldn't spring for the extra letters (i.e. a separate order of custom decals), especially since this is likely to be the only piece of rolling stock where I would use the full name.

Ah yes, the Railroad Budget. Must stay within the budget.

I still say the first iteration looks good.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

TheHostler
New Hire

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  10:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if its possible to find any of the MiniTrains Fiddletown & Copperopolis engines and passenger cars?

I feel like I'm a little late to the HOn30 party, really hard to find much, other than 3d printed stuff.

Dave

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: HOn30 Joe Works Topic Next Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000