Railroad Line Forums - HOn30
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: 36Plyguy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn30
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HOn30 Joe Works Topic Next Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3
Page: of 3

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  12:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Darryl, what a neat locomotive!

Jeff: so far I've built two 20' flats, plus one of Mount Blue's new 28' flat cars with scratchbuilt coal sides. I'm close to finishing a Mt Blue boxcar too. I'll try to post a picture later this weekend.

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  10:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is my entire HOn30 fleet. The 20' flats are JM Concepts flatcars with the deck narrowed to match the longer Mt Blue flatcar, and with Jeff B's 3D printed stake pockets instead of the ones that came in the kit. Scratchbuilding the coal sides on the 28' car was tedious, but I have wanted to build a model of this car for 20 years so ultimately it was a satisfying project.

All of the cars are riding on Marsh Creek's 4' wheelbase trucks with brake detail. They look terrific and are a snap to install.

afbrian13
New Hire

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  4:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just running some mini trains stuff today. I plan to build some cars and a test layout.

Koala Creek
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  5:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Koala Creek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's some good news on the HOn30 front though for "almost" RTR models. The Japanese manufacturer Toma Model Works is planning a kit of a0-4-0T Porter and it just looks great

Understand the following about the kit:
- the body parts are injection moulded
- the chassis parts will be blackened
- only soldering required for the motor
- spoked wheels

Dropped him (Kenji Toma) a note for some additional info ...
quote:
What is the expected price of the kit?
- The Price is not decided yet but we want about making it cheaper than the products we have ever produced.
when will it be possible to order or pre-order the kit?
- It will be around this summer
#8203;how many of these kits will be available? As it is such a great locomotive, I expect quite some demand for it.
- The kit is made of injection plastic, so intended as mass production.

This looks very interesting and the kit should be available shortly.

Toma Model Works website: http://tomamw.c.ooco.jp/index-e.html
Toma Modwel Works english Twitter: https://twitter.com/TomaModelWorks2

Cheers,

Jeroen

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  5:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tillerman1

Here is my entire HOn30 fleet. The 20' flats are JM Concepts flatcars with the deck narrowed to match the longer Mt Blue flatcar, and with Jeff B's 3D printed stake pockets instead of the ones that came in the kit. Scratchbuilding the coal sides on the 28' car was tedious, but I have wanted to build a model of this car for 20 years so ultimately it was a satisfying project.

All of the cars are riding on Marsh Creek's 4' wheelbase trucks with brake detail. They look terrific and are a snap to install.

Nice work on the cars.

Jeff S.

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 06/13/2017 :  12:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Jeff. The boxcar is now painted and lettered, I just need to add the brake wheel and roof grabs. The Mt Blue kits are fun to build. I also bought six more of the 20' flatcar kits since the manufacturer still had a few in stock. He has the parts to make up more kits if anyone is interested.

John

Edited by - tillerman1 on 06/13/2017 12:16:02 AM

Occam
New Hire

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  09:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Occam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am here as well!

I have just started in H0n30, trying to build a little portable layout of 80 x 120 centimeters. The new Minitrains offerings lured me in :-)

At the moment, I am working on this little steamer in HOn30, based on a Model Power 2-6-0 in N scale with parts from Shapeways added. It is a fun build!

Cheers

- Occam

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  7:43:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking locomotive.

Jeff S.

Santa Fe Guy
New Hire

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  05:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I just joined this group today. I'm starting a HOn3 layout after being in N Scale since 1969. Noticed a call for HOn3 folks so thought I would jump on board.
Just started work on a Rail Line box car kit yesterday and have 4 more to get done along with 3 flats and 3 gons. Have been able to with the help of a good friend grab one of the last Blackstone K27's and a long caboose. Have not decided on a name nor location as yet that will come as soon as we get into our new home and I can get a track plan done.
Looking forward to reading more about HOn3 and adding my two bobs worth. Three of my friends are into Narrow Gauge one in Sn3 and two in HOn3. Should be a buzz.
Rod from Down under.
santafesd40.blogspot.com

Rod

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  08:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Rod. Always good to see another modeler interested in HO narrow gauge.

My feeble contributions in this area are found in this thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24897&whichpage=1

I am modeling eastern US (Pennslyvania) logging from the 1870-1929 time frame.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2017 :  08:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Rod from another HOn3 modeler. Not to active yet but have a grand plan, ah hem!

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Santa Fe Guy
New Hire

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  05:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks lads. Hopefully I can pull of a layout that is worthy.
Question how do I add an image to my post?
Thanks
Rod.

Rod

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  08:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rod, here are some tips on posting photos directly to the Forum.

First, name your photo files with letters and numbers only. No special characters or punctuation marks.

Second, size them down to 80K or less

Third, follow the instructions in the following thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  09:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How did this HOn30 thread suddenly become HOn3???

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  12:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been buried with work commitments for the past couple of months but starting to get back to modeling. Here are two flat cars I recently acquired and re-lettered, and a couple of shots of an in-progress caboose I am building from a Railway Recollections kit. I mocked up a couple different lettering arrangements on the caboose and am trying to decide which I like better. Any opinions?

Whenever I get back to actually working on the layout I will update my layout thread on this forum. I also started a blog (http://stgeorgerailroad.blogspot.com) where you can find additional details and random thoughts.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: HOn30 Joe Works Topic Next Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000