Railroad Line Forums - The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR. 5-27-2018
Page: of 25

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice purchases David.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave:cool purchases. That car would look neat sitting by a depot. The bulldozer looks a little
Like the one my Dad ran as a Seabee in the South Pacific. Your doing good with that new loco. I've gotvthe smaller one and my son is going to attach the wires for me. Even in On30, those plugs are just a little small for my eyesight to plug them in. The same goes for my Bachmann connie. Just can't seem to see good enough to plug them in. I love your tipple.keep at ir.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to look into those items.
Thank you.
ed

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Fred and Mark. It's a pleasure to have you check in. Let's me think I'm headed in the right direction.
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave your rr progress make me want to get to work and stop my procrastination. I have put my projects on the back burner andvtheybare all just begging me to get off my butt and do something. Again, Dave, thanks remember the old saying an idle kind is the devil's workshop. Please post more it's so inspiring.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh. I just got promoted to crew chief! Just like the real world, the more you talk, the higher you move up! LOL.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the promotion David. the dozers are really close to an American dozer. I forget which one but the Japanese built them under license before the war.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  01:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Larry, I figured the 'dozer was "close enough", especially if it is tucked away somewhere.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  01:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a little more work on the mine structures. Added a roof to the tipple shed, some rafter tails, and re-painted the tar paper and exhaust stacks. I think I still need to make the tar paper more faded and I realize that in my haste to post some pictures, I didn't get around to weathering the exhaust stacks. I did add a little more weathering to the bottom of the hoist shed though. The strapping holding on the tar paper hasn't been glued down yet - still trying to see if I like it.
As usual, any comments, welcome.
Cheers,
Dave

Edited by - David Clark on 08/23/2017 01:11:59 AM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  04:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David,

There is a lot to like in your workmanship. Your treatment of siding and roof look quite realistic. I don't think you need the boards on the roof but that is your call, of course.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 08/23/2017 04:23:50 AM

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  07:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great David!

Philip

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  10:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I like the idea of the boards on the roof but I think they are too large. They are scale 2x4s, maybe I should try 1x2s....or the roof looks too nice to warrant additional fastening. Thanks for looking.
Philip, thanks for looking as well.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a little more progress on the mine (now apparently called #2). For the number I just cut it out from what I printed on the computer then stippled/dry brushed some white onto the building.

Cheers,
Dave

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  3:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice modeling Dave.
Interesting the difference in color of two of the photos. One the 2 is faint, the other more obvious. Both show some very nice weathering.
I did give some thought to the boards on the roof before Michael mentioned them. I tend to agree. To my eye they seem to stand out too much. You work is so good, maybe I should keep my comments to myself.
ed

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  01:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed, thanks for the comments. It's good to get feedback, good or bad, to keep on the right track. I think the first photo was a bit washed out from the flash. I did go back over the number with some white to bring it out a bit more.
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR. 5-27-2018  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000