Railroad Line Forums - Springfield show
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: JohnA ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Springfield show
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Those Cluttered Workbenches Topic Next Topic: Struggling with Campbell Coal Tower
Page: of 4

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2017 :  11:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a good trip Saturday. Visited many friends and got a few deals. The South Shore Club has some nice Accurail outside braced boxcars on sale (2 for 1). Probably the best deal was at Scenery Express - 1 gal jug of ballast for less than the price of a 1/2 gal jug.

It was great to talk with some RRL members and discuss my tentativeness of painting and assembling some resin boxcar kits. Thanks guys!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2017 :  9:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These group photos were taken by others using my camera:

Saturday's RR-Line gathering.

And Sunday's.

Boothbay Railroad Village brought their smallest narrow gauge steam loco, which tooted and shuttled back and forth on maybe 100' of track.

These Freemo modules are a full-size model of a long-gone RDG float terminal in Camden, NJ.

My friends at the Coastal Mountain modular layout had this enormous passenger station, with Springfield MA signage but following the Baltimore Penn Station prototype.

And I finally happened to pass by the New Haven club's O-scale layout as they were putting Alfred Schnellbach's masterwork (all 33,000 rivets worth) through its paces.

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was my first time at the Springfield show.

For my son, Dustin, and I, we both enjoyed it immensely.

And, we very much enjoyed putting faces to the names of some the great folks here on RR-L.

It was worth the near 6-hour drive from "the eastern end of Lake Ontario". (Now some of you know exactly where we live after our rendezvous on Saturday. )

We stopped by the Rapido Trains booth to see their new HO scale VIA F40PH-2D rebuild model:

The attention to detail is amazing, the photos here don't do it any justice.

I did have to wipe Dustin's face full of drool after he had an up close look at the unit.

The Rapido folks said it should be available later this year.

Michael

Edited by - Michael on 01/31/2017 07:31:24 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  08:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James,

Can you put some names with those faces? Pete is unmistakable.

Looks like a show I need to find a way to get to next year. Great looking stuff!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 01/31/2017 08:40:46 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2017 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

The un-indicted coconspirators are all in various witness protection programs. You'll just have to join us next year!

Top pic was Saturday. Left to right: Russ, Eric, Pete, James, Bill, Bruce and Michael. Rich showed up after the photo. And I missed a couple of folks when I put up the "recap" note the other day. I plead fatigue and send apologies.

The Sunday shot, L-R, has Ron, Rick, Pete, James, Russ.

Do note the "roundhouse incident" behind the faces. The attendees deny any knowledge of how this could have happened.

Pete
in Michigan

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Those Cluttered Workbenches Topic Next Topic: Struggling with Campbell Coal Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 22.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000