Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: crossbuck ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 18

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Wow that is an amazing amount of progress.

Thanks Larry

Its hard to believe its been 14 months since i tore down my HO steel mill layout and made it this far in On30, but now i get to be a little more picky on my build as it will show more so i need to make sure I have plenty of detail parts to cover my mistakes

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  12:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Started coloring my supports and cross braces for the decking area

On30 Dave

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything looks great, but the enginehouse is really special. Hope you post more soon.

Roland

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  8:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did a little work on installing the pier poles and braces

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  8:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeless

Everything looks great, but the enginehouse is really special. Hope you post more soon.

Roland

Which engine house, the 3 stall roundhouse or geezers , either way it will be getting some work after the holidays

On30 Dave

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  9:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Your pier is coming along very nicely indeed. I especially like Murchisonís.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  4:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did a little work on installing the pier poles and braces

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Started laying planks while the track glue dries

On30 Dave

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  5:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, very nice work, but those are the strangest tank cars I have ever seen.
ed

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  6:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny I use canned food to hold track down as well. The Warf is looking very handsome.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  6:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ed k

Dave, very nice work, but those are the strangest tank cars I have ever seen.
ed

i have a whole fleet, some have markings for green beans and corn, but they came from the no salt factory, hopefully one day i ca link to the around the wall to the kitchen mountain pass but the mayor of kitchenville is not having that idea yet, it would make it alot easier on alot of us cowboys who want to bring the salon to the broke back mountain

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2017 :  6:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Funny I use canned food to hold track down as well. The Warf is looking very handsome.

thanks my friend

now to start to figure out how to use hunterline products to make it look weathered real good

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2017 :  9:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Worked a little more on the decking throughout the day today, food go thought for anyone going going to do this....... make sure to do the full run of each board row and donít do like I did in my previous post as I spent 1/2 the day straightening it out as it was all messed up and nothing on the back side fit properly.......
I canít wait to get it all done so I can start weathering the boards

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2017 :  9:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
New addition that weíre acquired for the broke Back railroad as they had to use up all the expenses for the year for tax write off, these are 6í and well detailed as you can see

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2017 :  3:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update, finally have the layout of all the floor boards down, and the area by the rail truck is gonna be grass, but I still have to do the boards between the Back drop and also between the rails, then it will be time to start staining with my HUNTERLINE stain

On30 Dave

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000