Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 67 ]  [ Total: 69 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30
Page: of 18

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  5:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
today was a hot and horrible day at work so i cut out early

i ordered kits from kitwood hill models from across the pond so in a few weeks i will have a new 9" turntable to replace the firefox manual turntable that is on the lower level of the layout now, a 3 stall engine house with boiler shack and the paddle wheel boat as well

looking forward to building these kits, from the instructions they dont look that bad to build. so my whole engine house area is going to get a total revamp within the next few months

Getting ready to do some sculpting now I just have to let it dry for a few days then the fun begins

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  6:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
New kit came in the mail today
Can't wait to build it

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just messing around with placement to see what may look good for the sand & coal sheds and water tower

On30 Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  6:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, You are making excellent progress on the RR.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/20/2017 :  7:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
im trying my friend

its been a long time since i had built a layout and i see in the several years i have been absent that alot has changed here in the black sheep area

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  9:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Been a little while since i updated this page so let me get you guys caught up a little......

MAY 2017 events

Did some rock carving and started to paint as well, I tired of looking at white

Starting to ballast and put some grass down.......... long ways to go

Mail today was interesting I received an order of trees from McKenzie brothers out of California custom made Pinetree's Douglas furs redwoods and fall aspen let me know what you guys think

Just a little pine and aspen planting using trees from R&P Lumber Co out of Colorado

Worked on scenery
Got most of it done on the On18 high line and installed a switch and track to the ore bin, excuse the fan but I'm trying to dry some of the lower level scenery and ballast that was laid

All an all it was a productive holiday weekend on the Broke Back Logging & Mining Railroad

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  9:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
June 2017 events......

The first pic is of some new trees being installed to get a break between the main line and the turn out running to the ore bin
The second pic is me expanding the trees on the back corner before I start to scenic the hill in the fire ground
I can't make up my mind as to which style of trees I want to continue using

Did a little BTS kit today, now to work on lighting and detail parts.... oh ya I still have to weather it as well

Well that was fun
Have to get my pumps yet but here's my little Sinclair gas station

One custom bridge down........... plenty to go

Second bridge is about finished, as No 7 gets the all clear

Question to group, how far apart are the bents usually placed

Well here's a little before and after of the grainery that I painted several different colors on the stone walls, replaced the standard bulbs with led lights, and did a little weathering, which still needs a lot of work.

Next is to build a loading dock next to the tracks for this and detail the first floor go when I do have the doors open you can see what's going on inside

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  9:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
July updates.........

Makeing some more head way on the layout, but still have along way to go

Starting on the Kitwood Hill Model 9" turntable today, didnt want to bore you guys with all the build pics so well just jump ahead about 20 days

Started making some head way on the round house

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  10:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
didnt do any modeling in Aug or Sept.......

October updates......

Well........
The blasting crew showed up and installed the exhaust vents for the old round house

Here's roughly where the Kitwood Hill Models kits will set and be the focal point hopefully, gonna slow down on this as I have to wait on a sliding door kit to arrive from the U.K. That I ordered this am

All thatís left to do now is the roof panels........

Finally have some facia in on the lower level

Starting another project, gonna mirror image this one from what it should be

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  10:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
November updates.......

Started printing my steam shovel for my On30 layout, first time for ever useing a 3D printer

Worked most of the day stripping track and ballast from my layouts upper level and starting to lay new track, might have enough flex track but gonna have to buy a few switches.....

But on another note I managed to get some more bridge work done on the upper level......

Looking down the new track is where Iím thinking of my sawmills new home is gonna be and use the converted steam shovel to a claw grab to unload logging cars on a team track........ any thoughts on this

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  10:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Started to work on my warf scene..... I know itís not 4 inches in the air above ground but this is a low buck budget build.......

I want to thank the fellow members who gave me a lot of good advice and reference materials to read, this will be lined on the outside edges with 1/4Ē dowel to simulate pier poles and also will have a Simon Cox paddle boat kit from Kitwood Hills Models

Stick around to see the fun of frustration come together into a great looking scene

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/16/2017 :  10:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
and now were all caught up ........

Just a little update on how the warf is going to look, still need another building for the end of the warf but I am still rearranging placement, the paddle boat will be out in front as shown

On30 Dave

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  09:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Itís going to take a while to take in all that youíve accomplished, but everything looks great. I like such things as tracks winding amongst trees, curved trestles, the turntable and roundhouse. Etc.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Dave,

Itís going to take a while to take in all that youíve accomplished, but everything looks great. I like such things as tracks winding amongst trees, curved trestles, the turntable and roundhouse. Etc.

Mike

Thanks Mike
I should have been keeping up on the updates but I just fell behind in time and I surely am not going to do that again

Lots of other details and pics I didnít post up but I will at a later time

On30 Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that is an amazing amount of progress.

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000