Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 198 ]  [ Total: 201 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30
Page: of 18

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here is some more updates for today......

Starting to work on my back drop in this area so I can get this corner sceniced so I can build the mountain that has to go in front of this scene

Step number 2 is done, ashen trees are now officially in, now on to step 3 of the fir trees

Excuse the shortened wire brush holding the building up, just doing a little mocking up of trees and a building to see what the scene might look like.........
Need opinions, good or bad, I have a lot more trees to make and lots of grass to put down, but besides that, what do you think

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  12:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Starting to make some progress on the water tower

On30 Dave

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the backdrop. It makes the scene look like it goes on forever.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brownbr

I really like the backdrop. It makes the scene look like it goes on forever.

thanks, trying to get the autumn theme going, 1st time doing this with aspen trees

On30 Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  1:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job! It's really coming along.
Cheers,
Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  8:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Still need more trees but it is starting to take shape

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  8:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
heres a link that i hope works as this forum for some reason tonight wont let me up load my pic........ugh

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16797262_707416149436671_5737515417277066606_o.jpg?oh=520dc5cabcfe1de7420b4aa62e2ea0ef&oe=58FF1DBC

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  8:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
heres some progress from last night

On30 Dave

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/20/2017 :  01:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is coming along nicely! Sweeping backwoods for sure!

Philip

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/20/2017 :  08:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Your new tank adds a nice backwoodsy look. Great job.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks mike

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  7:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'

Operation not Allowed

/forum/outputFile.asp, line 13

ok, i need help....

why do i keep getting this message when i try to post a pic???????

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  9:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well i hope this is allowed but since it seems that i cant post pics.....ugh......i am going to have to link to my G+ account postings on my community. my posting of pics has not changed in how i do it so i am not understanding what happened

but on another note........

i was watching a video online and decided to try my hand at regular pine trees, i think they look like crap, but i need opinions and criticism please as i am in need to get this mastered

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NyIMUuoWomE/WLMgRXkx37I/AAAAAAAADHA/a00TRClbVgoN3SvnLwRjP5QONzR_n7iEwCJoC/w530-h942-p-rw/17%2B-%2B1

thanks for looking

dave

On30 Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  4:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemkerailroad1

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'

Operation not Allowed

/forum/outputFile.asp, line 13

ok, i need help....

why do i keep getting this message when i try to post a pic???????

I think it is because the file is too large. I upload my pics to an online site called "web sizer" I think and re-size it to 400 pixels, download it to my laptop, and then post it. There may be better ways. It works for me.
Cheers,
Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2017 :  11:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
sorry for the long delay in posting here, i have been sitting on the side lines for a bit due to recovering from a heart attack from march 4th, i have been absent from the train room for several weeks due to recovering issues and haveing a nasty nasty sickness set in on me the week i got out of the hospital

i am slowly makeing it back into the train room and will be posting some pics of a few odds and ends that i have been working on this past week but i need to know from you guys who you use to post pics as i have an apple phone now and i dont know how to resize using these darn apple phones

someone had posted up a site in the last post that he used and i am having nothing but issues trying to use it

is there any other easy site, i am not to computer savvy this is why i ask

until tomorrow or friday guys be safe, happy modeling and i am looking forward to rehab therapy in the train room once again

On30 Dave

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000