Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: crossbuck ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 18

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  1:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
did a small update video on the layout,hope you enjoy, feel free to comment good or bad

https://youtu.be/KC4UF9srLco

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  12:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Starting my On18 vertical boiler build, spent about the last 90 minutes removing flashing from the castings

On30 Dave

Socialtrader
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  01:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I enjoyed your video update, particularly as your layout is at a similar stage to mine. Keep up the good work!

Bede

PS as a military modeller flash is the bane of my life!!

Edited by - Socialtrader on 01/06/2017 01:12:13 AM

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  01:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Socialtrader

Hi,

I enjoyed your video update, particularly as your layout is at a similar stage to mine. Keep up the good work!

Bede

PS as a military modeller flash is the bane of my life!!

thank you sir,
will be doing some more boring work to the plaster cloth then hopefully the good stuff will start to be modeled

Dave

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  02:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The vertical boiler has been put together and now is waiting for the chassis shop to hurry up and finish so they can get it off to paint

On30 Dave

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  09:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Thank you for posting the track plan. It's nice to have an overall view of what you're doing.

That's a neat locomotive you are building. Looks like a lot of fun, aside from the flash. I always hate that step; I want to get on with construction but I know if I don't do a good job at cleanup components won't fit right. Then there's the problem of accidentally removing a detail . . .

CAD has a pretty steep learning curve. Then there's a plateau and you think "this is cool." And you can do a lot. Then you start learning new tricks that speed things up.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who makes that boiler? pretty cool...

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  11:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Starting to clean up the parts for the On18 line ore cars to be on the On30 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  1:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cars are put together for the On18 line, now for paint and weathering, got tired of waiting on local hobby shop to get my trucks and couplers, ordered them directly from manufacturers today, should be here by next weekend to do the final assembly

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  1:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just another quick video i did

https://youtu.be/GOYx9ONqSBI

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  8:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Little progress this week, started carving some rocks, shale, slate.......

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  8:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I finally found a place for my turntable......

On30 Dave

Edited by - lemkerailroad1 on 01/15/2017 8:49:25 PM

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  8:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Starting the long process of about 300 trees that are needed

On30 Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2017 :  9:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat ON18 stuff.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  7:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it seems my phone dont like to upload to this site anymore, this is a problem for me

well since i have got to a computer today, here are some quick updates for the last week

My first 64 foot Douglas fir tree.....a few hundred to go........lol

On30 Dave

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000