Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 73 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30
Page: of 18

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  3:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

My old layout had a dc reversing unit and it was very disappointing in terms of operation. It was a very herky jerky point to point and looked fakey. I forgot what the components were but it was very childish looking.

Your youtube video is great!

Philip

thanks

so being this is going to move slow speeds, its gonna jerk around??????

this is something I don't want, I want to turn it on and let it do its thing and run.......ugh......

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  3:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect how it runs at slow speeds depends on the locomotive and track and quality of your dc power source. The sudden reversal at end of track is going to look unrealistic unless the ends were hidden from the observer.

You could see what you like by running your train back and forth at the speed you want and flipping the polarity at each end.

Personally I think without a significant pause at each end it will look toy-like. It depends a lot on your intended audience.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  4:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I need opinions.......

found this on ebay, auto reversing unit
can you guys look at this and give me your opinions please

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-N-TT-HO-S-O-G-Scale-Automatic-Train-Reversing/150925506269?_trksid=p2047675.c100037.m2107&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Dcc57a4d7067d47b7bfc8382cc25da26f%26pid%3D100037%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D150731379720

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  4:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here another...

http://www.trainelectronics.com/autoreverse/basic/NEW_unit.htm

On30 Dave

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  5:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It will operate as this video demonstrates. As Mike cleverly suggested reversing out of view would be a preferred method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEHfVsTxZL0&t=200s

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  08:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is the link to posting photos.

[quote]Originally posted by Philip

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

Thanks

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  7:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok, I need some help guys and gals on a few topics........

1..... I have a set of 0-4-2 porters with sound that I just got from train world, I have heard a rumor that they need to be weighted down.....is this true and where and how much weight should I add????????

2.... I have a t-boiler 2 truck shay with sound that going around wide turn it climbs the track and stalls, it is not just in one spot either, the trucks don't seem to turn a whole lot when I was inspecting them to see if it is something I had done (murphys law), but is anyone else having issues with them and if you have what should I be looking for??????

I know I have been away from the modeling scene for a number of years, so things change and my thoughts on these problems is not what I remember

any help would be very thankful

dave

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  07:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
we will be adding these to the layout to see where I want placement of the city area

On30 Dave

Edited by - lemkerailroad1 on 12/08/2016 07:32:38 AM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  10:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice looking buildings.

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  4:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice looking buildings.

Philip

thank you sir, they will go on the upper level of my layout

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  4:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well after a long hard week at work, sucks being In the middle of a 2 week straight work week, I get this package in the mail at work, when I opened it when I got home a few moments ago, this is what I found in the box.

This belonged to Bill (Geezer) Anderson, someone I had never met, but I had a lot of conversations with over the internet through the railroad-line forums, he helped me build my first wood kit back in 2009, during a group engine house build from scratch.

This will be the New home location for this engine house, the cardboard disc in front of it will be my 10 inch gallows turntable that I have still yet to purchase, this area will have a log retaining wall behind the engine house and just above will be my On18 shuntting back and forth out of the mines.

I wish to that Big Lars for allowing me to relocate this to my New On30 layout that is In progress of being built. I now have a great piece of on30 modeling to display proudly and will never forget my friend, Geezer.

On30 Dave

Edited by - lemkerailroad1 on 12/09/2016 4:20:13 PM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  12:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool man, Glad you gave it a home!

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  10:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, yesterday afternoon I finally figured out how to use my atx power supply to feed the buss wire for my switch machines, I have 1 swith wired to the buss now and 3 bi color LED lights also, being this will be a cross over to a sideing, amazing that it shows 12 volts on the display, but it's not showing any amps being pulled, I think I will wire another today, and if still nothing, I may have a bad display unit from adafruit

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  4:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
anther fine building for the broke layout

I don't understand why it wont allow me to upload the front view??????? will try later, but here is the back side

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2016 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
finally.......heres the front view

On30 Dave

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Devils Mountain Quarry Topic Next Topic: The Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000