Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 57 ]  [ Newest Member: crossbuck ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 18

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2019 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you back at Dave.
Looks good!

man7sell
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  2:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love that paddle steamer, awesome.

Capt. Paul Mansell
https://crookedmileriver.blogspot.com/2018/11/crooked-mile-river-logging-on30-scale.html

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  4:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Terrific modeling, Dave! Looking forward to more.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2019 :  5:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like you’ve been industrious with reconstruction work. How many are you going to be able to salvage?

Mike

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2019 :  10:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Looks like you’ve been industrious with reconstruction work. How many are you going to be able to salvage?

Mike

i have one more.......the logging spar pole to redo but with work and all it has been a little crazy as since this post yesterday was the first day in a while to get things back in order

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2019 :  10:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Got motivated yesterday, installed and wired the second level track and wiring and ran the porter to make sure everything was good, only problem is the tunnel in the back corner as it got stuck due to dirty track, gonna finish ballast tonight then start in the backdrop building I just received from CCK this week

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2019 :  11:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
next step is to start placing the fascia up
when i figure out if i can flip a CCK kit around
as i am still looking on how this false front kit goes together

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2019 :  11:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok i am putting this link in my story here as i know i will not remember where it was down the road, as i am going to install keep alives in my small loco(s) to keep from having to wire frogs and other stuff

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42624

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  8:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
been working a lot lately but just a few updates from earlier this month

This pic will not do it justice, but I am out of my cheap pine trees so time to replenish stock for this area

Pic 1 shows how dense this forest will be

Pic 2 shows a scene shot

Pic 3 shows the caspia trees that will go in the foreground which will be installed when I get that far later

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  8:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
New addition to the area, Magaby Mine #1, working it into the layout, I want to say thank you to Bob Norwich as this was part of his layout, which was featured in the 2018 On30 annual.

Now to build some more supports and get the ground covered in fall colors and work the scene with lots of details

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  8:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Mike

Spent all night till about 4am putting my spar back together from when I received it from the west coast a few months ago, all I can say is it worked out really nice on the high line on the upper level of the layout

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  6:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well its been a little bit but i have been getting motivated in the build room for the layout, heres a little progress of some of the things i have done

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  7:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
this is a bag of goodies i got from Foley Car Shops as i have been a great buyer of his products he has made over the last few year.

i am in he process of selling off all my rolling stock that is longer than 18' and making room for my shorty car fleet that i am putting together due to my limited space on my around the wall 8x8 layout

now i am just waiting for the arrival of the logos for the transfer caboose, this build will be in honor of geezer

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  7:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here is a kit i got not to long ago

The local hang man is napping by the still in the hot afternoon sun

On30 Dave

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  7:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I’ve been wondering where you’d gone; nice seeing you post some updates.

I like the way the trees dwarf the railroad running through the forest. Regarding the second group of photos I think you’re planning an appropriate recognition; the car has a lot of character. The gallows are perhaps a little grim but I will assume it symbolizes your intention to hang around with us more.

Excellent craftsmanship and creativity.

Mike

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000