Railroad Line Forums - Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 67 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: RLJones ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 18

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  09:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking Good Dave.

Mark

W,L,&E

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  12:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic, how did I ever miss this build.

Frank

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  10:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Getting her closer

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2018 :  10:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just an idea of how it will look

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  5:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Been a bit since i posted but have been a little crazy around here changing jobs and working midnight's and all, but i have started to put the windows together for the round house and have started to install them as i go

after this i need to figure out how to weather the corrugated roof panels......

any ideas???????

On30 Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  7:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impressive detail on the roof. How weathered do you want the roof. I find people over do it all the time. First off spray it with dull coat, then IA staining then start working on it with chalks or Bragdon powders.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  8:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

It would help to know what material is used to make the corrugated panels. Metal? Are you wanting a rusty appearance with some degree of grime?

Partway down this page is useful information on painting and rusting corrugated roofing: http://railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44328&whichpage=29&SearchTerms=Challenge

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  8:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it is a thin gauge tin that was formed into corrugated panels,
i am looking for a look like it has been there about 5 or 6 years
as the wood still will look like its fairly new but in the elements for a few years

am i making sense????????

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

All my windows are now installed on the round house

this should be a nice little scene when im done

On30 Dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  06:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, nice to see you back at it.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  2:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks rick........

sorry for the late response but i am working midnight shift 6pm to 4am so i have been a little busy as of late with closing the garden
finishing the canning and all but i have found time to get back in the room,

should be toying around in another day or two so updates to come

On30 Dave

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2018 :  3:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great progress!

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2019 :  7:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
received a big box in the mail the other day from Utah, so i opened it up before i had to drive to Missouri and look what i found

full box full of sagebrush, now to hang and let it dry out for a few

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  9:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
have not been around in a long time but work and real life had me good.........
finally made time to play around and decided to get back to the work bench......
several months ago i made a purchase of some layout ready buildings and trees, but when they shipped from the west cost they were not packed properly and everything ended up destroyed......
so today i resurrected 2 buildings and a deck that the railings and supports underneath had been broke into tooth pics with no supports or anything glued to them, well here is a few pics of my work bench fixes.......

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2019 :  11:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A before and after pic of the new water tower for the small town

On30 Dave

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000