Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/30/2017 :  2:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Always nice to have someone drop in! Dave, do you do turkey for Christmas as well? We have in-laws and mixed families so if everyone does turkey, that's a lot of fowl to take in. We did do a Christmas rehearsal last weekend. Son's better-half was going away with her family for Christmas so we did an early one for her. Tree went up, turkey came out, presents exchanged, games played, wine imbibed....it was all good. Typical BC weather here - rainy and cool. Next week bodes sunshine - we'll see.
On a modelling note, I'm getting excited about starting my wharf and will hopefully have some progress to share over Christmas.
Until then, everyone have a great day.
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  6:49:48 PM  Show Profile
It has been awhile. Life goes on here at the beach 67* today - walk the boardwalk twice a day per vein docs orders and got another cortisone spinal infusion last week so pain and leg numbness are virtually zero. We will travel for the last two weeks of December to see kids and grandkids in Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Virginia. Love them all but wish they lived closer!

Edited by - Bill Uffelman on 12/05/2017 6:52:01 PM

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  7:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bill, What beach are you at? MB was in the high 60's on the weekend when I went to our beach place.

For the Geezer, I wrapped up a care package of trains to send to your grandkids for Christmas from Papa Bill. They should make it in time.

Cheers all.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2017 :  8:26:56 PM  Show Profile
The sound is a very simple add to the engine, there is a place for the speaker in the tender as well as an 8 pin decoder plug. The bad news is the sound will cost you way more than the price of the engine.

Biglars, what do you recommend for the parts for the sound install?
Thanks...

Ted

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, I know it's slow when I have to go to the second page to find the lounge .

I've been lurking just haven't had much to say lately as no modeling at all.

I guess not many to keep up the loune.

Have a great day .

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  6:07:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mark,
It's hard to post when you don't feel you have much going on. Sometimes it's just nice to pop in and say "hello". I have much less progress than I would like to have to report on as well. I have found myself scouring the internet for good deals, however. It seems like buying can sometimes replace actual "hobbying". I get two good weeks off at Christmas and I'm hoping to put a dent in my list of projects. I was looking at the projects in the "year gone by" thread and I see what some have done (Dave "guff" for one) and it's embarrassing. We are definitely on two ends of the productivity spectrum. But...it's not a race.
Anyway, I hope you have a good day, as well.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dave, yeah so I just lurk alot.

I'm putting a geen bottle out and an empty glass at the end of the bar in remembrence of our good friend.

Mark

W,L,&E

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  11:05:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello mark and Dave'. Things will pick up after the holidays I bet. I just went through 25 pages of BigLars thread back from 2010. his Yukon build town. Agish & Marsh Lake RR Town Diorama. I wish there was a pix of the entire finished diorama. Was an interesting read'..and some nice looking models..Have a good one Gents..

Ted

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Ted, I will check it out. I must say that I am saddened by all the pictures lost by Photobucket puckering up. So many good threads are now just a bunch of grey boxes with some wordage referring to them. I am so thankful to those who took the time to post on this site instead of to a hosting site.
I never got to know the Geezer except through his comments and some of his threads. Maybe, in celebration of what he did contribute, those who knew him better would post one of their favourite things about him or maybe how he made the hobby better for them. I'll sit back and sip on that bottle......
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  7:09:21 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

I never got to know the Geezer except through his comments and some of his threads. Maybe, in celebration of what he did contribute, those who knew him better would post one of their favourite things about him or maybe how he made the hobby better for them. I'll sit back and sip on that bottle......
Cheers,
Dave

I will comment.
The Geezer and I were very close online friends. I had an open invite to visit him any time, but the travel was way to tricky. I did meet up with him once in Vegas and had a great day. We shared a very nice green bottle.

We had a monthly care package exchange for a long time. If I was building something he would surprise me with crazy parts to try to add and I would do the same for him. If he got stuck on a project it might land in my mail box for a quick look see, modification, then returned in the next care package.

I actually received the last care package after he passed. We had talked on-line that day.

The Geezer was often dinner conversation at our house, I would share his stories and if I did not say anything for a couple of weeks my kids would ask what the Geezer was up to.

The greatest thing I remember was his kindness. Bill sent my wife flowers when she had cancer, something I never expected nor did she.

So for all those reasons, every year since his passing, I have sent a train care package to his grandchildren.

Edited by - BigLars on 12/13/2017 10:31:38 PM

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  7:38:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Larry, I miss Bill alot. I did not hav the repir you had with him, but I had dealings with him just the same. I have tried to keep the louge ging but since Bill passed several people have quit posting altogether. I will always remember thou.

Mark

W,L,&E

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  7:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Mark,
Thanks for your efforts.
Sorry I have not posted that much, I only get a chance to do stuff every 5-6 weeks. I do keep up with many of the crew in different ways. Some have left the hobby or just slowed down due to 1:1 activity. Others are active in new adventures and are in total trial stage and only sharing in messages.
ON30 is alive but hiding a little right now.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  10:21:20 PM  Show Profile
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Bill in person. We did share a few emails discussing different model related things. I mostly liked his keen sense of humor along with his frankness. I liked his modeling skills, and contributions on the forum. He was always very nice to me,
and what many would call a top shelf guy'..but with his feet firmly planted on the ground'..He was a Veteran and a man after my own heart'.

He is surely missed on the forum. The loos to his family is still very unsettling I'm sure. And I wish them peace of mind and harmony in their every day endeavors..

Ted

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  11:51:53 PM  Show Profile
This was always my favorite it became a nightly thing with me and Bill.

So tonight it will be.

Say goodnight Geezer!!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2017 :  05:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, Tim Hortons in the pot and bisquits, sausage, eggs, gravy, butter and jams are ready.

I'm not doing much lately mostly due to health issues.

Have a great day and stop in more often.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 12/14/2017 05:25:09 AM

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000