Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 95 ]  [ Total: 99 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2017 :  4:19:41 PM  Show Profile
SIL update - they put port in yesterday will start every two week chemo Monday, Herceptin every three weeks, blood tests before chemo. His liver function has improved. He can drive himself to blood tests but our daughter will drive to treatments - her work is being very supportive. Too early for forecast on outcome. Train content - MR arrived today.

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  11:09:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Uffelman

SIL update - they put port in yesterday will start every two week chemo Monday, Herceptin every three weeks, blood tests before chemo. His liver function has improved. He can drive himself to blood tests but our daughter will drive to treatments - her work is being very supportive. Too early for forecast on outcome. Train content - MR arrived today.

Bill, esophageal cancer is very survivable but a difficult period. My aunt lived for 15 plus years (into her late 80's) after her surgery and treatment and former member here Pat Belg also survived although lost quite a few pounds on a liquid diet for awhile after surgery.

I've been busy packaging kits to restock my supply sold over the summer. More yard work needed to get ready for the winter.
Oh, well. Enjoy.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  12:58:31 PM  Show Profile
Bill, I wish you all the best in dealing with your SIL's cancer. I am sure your daughter will need and appreciate your support. Remember to find time for yourself.
All the best,
Dave

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  3:23:52 PM  Show Profile
I guess most folks have given up on Geezer's Lounge. Been empty for two weeks and all the food in the fridge has gone bad. Even the beer
Thank goodness the scotch is still OK.
Maybe catch you all later.

Dave Mason
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2017 :  4:03:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dave,
It did feel like I was talking to myself, at times. I was hoping that Downunder David might have some stories from his trip to the States at some point. My modeling has ground to a halt. Hopefully Fall and Winter will bring time to "play".
Cheers,
Dave

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  09:25:16 AM  Show Profile
There's more than one of us Aussies in the states at the moment. Convention. Colorado. etc etc. Been good fun exploring more of the abandoned lines.

We fly home next week. But we'll be back.
You can see a few of my new images at
https://500px.com/brucetreloar

I have only 'played' with a few. Lots more yet to be looked at.

bruce

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  1:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
Bruce, I hadn't cottoned on to what you did until I saw your link. Do you sell these? I gather they are either photographs or some other medium that is digitally manipulated. Very nice. Love all things motorcycling as well as trains!
Cheers,
Dave

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  1:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Dave I do sell images. I have supplied images for calendars, magazines, catalogues, museums etc etc. I think total images sold, licensed etc etc is up around the 5 million mark. But keep in mind I've been around a long time!!!!!!
I've sold a lot of prints through one of the USA 'best' motorbike museums. Wheels Through Time.

I call myself a photographic artist. Simply because I 'play' with every image. My 500px site is somewhere I test the waters to see what may be popu;ar. So it's a bit of a mixture.

I recently had the front cover of Narrow Gauge Gazette. I believe there is another cover in the pipeline. Current issue features my own layout.

Anyone want a copy of my catalogue can PM me.

bruce

Edited by - brucet on 10/13/2017 1:37:15 PM

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2017 :  4:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Nice pictures Bruce. I recognize the Mystic one which is where my wife and I became engaged.
And definitely love those motorcycle pictures as my 1st bike was a '46 Indian Chief.

Well a bit rainy here today. Just puttering around the house. No train stuff today.

Dave Mason

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2017 :  5:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Bruce, I will definitely keep you in mind if I decide I need a cool art piece for the hobby room (if I ever get a hobby room, rather). Well, yard renos which included new windows and french doors for the sun room, led to removing the cedar paneling, which was marred and water marked from years of prior use, has revealed the crappy job that the original owner did in enclosing the deck to make the sun room. Buried junction box, wiring that doesn't seem to draw power through the panel (how can one turn off every breaker but still have power in the room?). This project is growing to proportions that are making me uncomfortable. Train room time is getting more distant....
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  10:02:33 AM  Show Profile
Morning all, coffee is on and eggs, ham, gravy, biscuits, home fries, butter and jam are ready.

I havn't posted for awhile, not much going with me.Not much here either, I guess the louge is slowly dying off.

Have a great day All.

Mark

W,L,&E

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile
Morning Mark and anyone who follows thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

Like you I haven't spent much time in the lounge. Summer seems to get in the way every year.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile
I was saddened this weekend to read that David Butler, Rail Baron of Leeds passed away at his vacation home in Crete. The big C claimed another but he did outlive the doctor's predictions.
He is being interred in Crete where he enjoyed so much time.

So the weather here in SE Mass. is still very nice, Short sleeves for the final lawn mowing yesterday. I'm in the middle of minor drawing updates for a couple kits that I need to have Walt cut some parts for restocking.
Enjoy

Dave Mason

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  6:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Evening All, cold long necks and sodas in the fridge.

Dave, it is sad to hear of David's passing just another one us gone to the great layout room in the sky.

Good nite All.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2017 :  11:19:30 PM  Show Profile

Caught up on all my projects, hopefully I'll get a bit of bench time now that fall is here. I need it!

Prayers for the fallen and ill. Life just isn't fair.

Philip

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000