Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 78 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  09:03:48 AM  Show Profile
The last week has been a roller coaster. Left last Friday for Connecticut and Saturday birthday party for 4 year old granddaughter. After the party headed to son's home in Waltham, MA to give him a day or so assistance installing pot lights in his semi finished basement. Planned to head to Maine on Monday. Instead worked on straightening out 70 years of amateur basement electr

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  09:24:13 AM  Show Profile
The last week has been a roller coaster. Left last Friday for Avon CT for Saturday morning bounce house birthday party for 4 year old granddaughter- 15 little kids are a trip! In the afternoon drove to Son's in Waltham MA to help him install pot lights in his partially finished basement. Planned on driving to Maine on Monday for some two footer recharge. Plans changed as I wound up correcting 70 years of amateur electrical work in the basement. Finished the last of the lighting and rewiring Thursday morning loaded the car and head for home at 11 AM of home by 9 PM.

The kicker for the week was that our 42 year old Connecticut airline pilot SIL got home from a trip Sunday night and headed to the ER Monday morning with horrible abdominal pain and other digestive issues. In the hospital for two days diagnosis came yesterday - esophageal cancer. We will definitely be involved in helping our daughter with two little kids - may even move north as Todd's future is uncertain.

Houston son and his family survived the hurricane and flooding without significant damage but it is all around them. Several friends lost lots of property but no death or injury.

Happy Labor Day!

Bill Uffelman

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  09:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about the false start - tablet glitches!

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  3:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Bill, that's some hard news. I will include your son-in-law in my prayers. Take care of yourself, as well.
Cheers,
Dave

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  3:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Bill, My thoughts are with you and yours.
ed

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2017 :  07:15:05 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, home fries, ham, and biscuits with butter an jams.

Bill, I hope everything goes well.

Have a great day All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  12:20:57 PM  Show Profile
'morning gents,
Had a wonderful Labour Day. Flopped around in the pool (got a little too much sun), got some reading in, enjoyed breakfasts on the deck, and had a nice meal out. Contractor was in to finish off the french door installation out to the deck - looks great. Sleep is still elusive due to my aching shoulder/torn rotator cuff, though. Middle child off to second year university. So a big eweekend all-round.
Hope you are all doing well.
Cheers,
dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  4:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Dreary Sunday afternoon in Vienna VA. Celebrated my wife's 67th birthday last evening at dinner with some of her former co-workers. One moves to Jordan this week with her CIA husband - 3 year assignment then they will retire to a new home in Prescott, AZ. At our daughter's now for 7 year old grandson's family birthday party after a laser tag party with his friends. Only trains this weekend was trackmobile moving grain cars at chicken feed plant.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  2:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Haven't been here in a while, it seems.
Bill, sounds like you had an interesting weekend. I got a little ground-shaping done on the RR. My experiment with home-made sculpta-mold is not as successful as I had hoped. Will have to play around with formula more.
Fall is settling in, I think. Sun doesn't warm up beyond 22 C, which is perfect for me but a far cry from the 32 we had the week prior.
Got some croissants, jam, and coffee on for sharing.
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  7:05:21 PM  Show Profile
So after IDing the SIL's cancer with PET scan last Friday they planned to go to Dana Farber this past Wednesday - never made it. Admitted to hospital through ER on Sunday with blocked bile ducts and failing liver function. Put in stents but little change. Began chemo this evening at UConn and will transfer to Dana Farber Wednesday. We are headed to CT and Boston tomorrow.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  10:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Bill, Holy smokes! So sorry to hear about what's going on. I hope all goes as well as it can. We will be rooting for you and your son-in-law.
It's been a quiet week here, in terms of modelling. Busy days at work translate into early nights.
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2017 :  11:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Bill, I am truly sorry for what you're going through. Prayers are being said for your SIL.

Today I just chilled and hung out at the house. Did somebyafd work where I trimmed the bushes in front. Worked UNTIL the bitey little nasties came out. I forgot to put on the Cutter's. So another half you tomorrow and its,done.
I am awaiting the arrival of a 'new' 4-4-0 from larry. It's going to be relettered for the Geezer's pike. Also going to dl a combine too.its my little tribute to him. Larry has his decals and I'm going to use them. Anderson mining supply is going to be repaired. After the move, some of the blocks came off the edge of the roof. But it's basically all there.

Until
Fred.

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  08:22:02 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, ham, home fries, farmers bread and btter an jams.

Bill, are pryers are with you and your family.

Not much change in my statis here.

Have a great weekend All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  12:15:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mark. I will dip into those goodies.
Working today and it is the last nice day forecast for a while. Rain sets in tomorrow and I think the switch to Fall has been flipped!
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  12:59:16 PM  Show Profile
It's been a while since I stopped by and it seems that is the same for everyone else as well. Fresh coffee is on, if anyone is interested. Fall is definitely here. We had snow in the mountains. This winter is stacking up to be another doozy. Definitely need to invest in winter tires this time.
Bill, I hope all is going well with your SIL.
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000