Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  1:50:41 PM  Show Profile
Good morning, all! Glad to see the joint got some use yesterday. Nothing like pulled pork to get the crowds in! Treat today is fresh blackberry crumble my daughter made last night with berries we picked along our walk.
Fred, that is exciting news! Maybe you can share some pictures with us when things get going.
Bill, you can send some rain our way. Although we are now getting to a point that we need to wrap up garden projects before it starts to deluge. I have a feeling that after a summer of no rain, once it starts, shutting off the taps will not be an option.
Have a good day.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  2:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, i've been feeling poorly tday.

Hope everyone is well.

Mark

W,L,&E

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello Mark, I wish you better health.
ed

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  6:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Mark feel better.

I have placed a 15 year old green bottle on the bar. There is a glass poured and sitting on end of the bar waiting for my Brudda. I'm sure he is checking in.

I miss you Geezer. It is hard to believe it has been a year already. I think of you everyday.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  7:16:56 PM  Show Profile
Larry, I'll have sip with you in Geezer's name. I miss him too.

Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2017 :  9:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Closing was painless today - what should have been about 2 hour drive each way took 3 both ways. Damn tourists and vacationers on Highway 1!
Rain held off generally until about 20 minutes ago, thunder,lightning and a downpour - guess I won't finish mowing in the morning!
Bought a new Chromebook today to replace laptop with fried motherboard - will play with it tomorrow. Good night all.

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Mornin'all. Has it been a year since Bill passed already? I know if I think shout him I can get emotional. I never met him in person, but, I still consider him a good friend. I miss his breakfasts. Grits and jalapenos.
Sue and I have been battling a pretty nasty summer cold. Haven't done too awful much on my trains. But that's about to change.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  11:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey All, how about some fried fish filents, fried potatoes with cheese, home made bread with butter and jam, long necks inthe fridge and ice tea.
If that isn't a Geezer lunch i don't know what is.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mark, you're right, that sure is a Gezzerlunch. Though he's not here phywically, I would bet he's smiling down on us in approval of our efforts to keep his memory with us.
Mark, I hope you're feeling better. You're in our prayers.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/19/2017 :  12:40:41 PM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Mark,
Thanks for the eats. I never knew Geezer but after reading his numerous posts, it seems like he was a generous with his comments and his expertise, and a good mentor. His legacy will live on in this forum.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  3:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, it's another day and another $1.50. There hasn't been anyone in since the weekend so I recycled the flyers and admail clogging up the front entrance. Fresh coffee is on, scones and blueberry jam are out, and while it's too early for this part of the world, there's also some "coolie-pops" on ice.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile
Drinking coffee on the screened porch killing time before back doctor appointment to see if he will do injections to postpone a surgery. Rain held off yesterday so I could mow the front and side yard to get all of the lawn on the same schedule. Leaving tomorrow for Connecticut 4 year olds birthday then up to Boston to help son with basement lighting project. Weather is supposed to be good so planning on a few days in Maine

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  7:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, bottle of red on the counter.

Bill have a good trip and hope the docs visit went well5.

I was up early for a trip to 6the hospital for a proceedure, it went well as 66expected.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 08/24/2017 7:56:28 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  8:45:29 PM  Show Profile
Last year I stated my vacation. The net day The Geezer was gone'. It was very sad time'. He was a very nice man with a great sense of humor'. I liked him very much, and he is surely missed on the forum'...

Ted

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  12:16:40 AM  Show Profile
Good evening folks. Mark I will partake in that bottle of red, thank you.
Bill, best of luck with your pain management. Should you be cutting the lawn? Have a pleasant trip and enjoy yourself!
Spent a few minutes hobbying after a busy day at work. Then ran around picking up the kids from various jobs.
Have a good day tomorrow!
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000