Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 120 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  6:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Guys,
I was able to skip yard work today but it was due to me injuring my shoulder. I have limited mobility and it hurts. Dr said X-rays show no breaks but a contusion on the bone. MRIs ordered and in the meantime - light exercises to keep mobility going. Today I got some wood coloured, coloured the "cable" for the mine hoist, and fixed some glitches on my track.
All in all, a productive day and now it's tea time. Also have some home made cookies out. Have a good day.
Cheers,
Dave

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  8:09:14 PM  Show Profile
David, The shoulder is a tough place to injure. All my many dislocations have been to my left shoulder.
I need a total replacement, and the right one is not far behind. Sports, strength training, jumping out of planes, and my business responsibilities (lifting hundreds of pounds a day) leaves me hurting now and than. I have had a total right knee replacement, bi-lateral hernia, over ten concussions, but amazingly no broken bones. Many are in much worse condition than me. I have no complaints.
ed

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  3:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Good news on the medical front...got a call to go in for an MRI yesterday afternoon. Just waiting for results. Gotta love universal healthcare (actually this is abnormal I could have been waiting for a few weeks except for a rash of cancellations).
Hope everyone's well. Brought some Krispy Creme's to spike people's sugar levels.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and we have danish and leftovers from yesterday.

We are going to have a medicle unit added to the lounge. hehehe.

Hope everyone is getting better.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  12:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Mark, So true.
Weather is cooling off a little; expecting rain on Sunday (first in two months). Forest fires have burnt half-a-million hectares.
It seems we are having guests for a couple of days in September so the basement train room needs to be cleaned up. Egads!
Due to the miracles of electronic media I have managed to prepare fried eggs, bacon, french toast, hash browns, and coffee, despite the wounded wing. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2017 :  10:38:12 AM  Show Profile
Late Morning All, coffee and iced tea, eggs, home fries, hm, gravy, biscits, butter and jams.

I been lurking and laid back catching up on things.

Hope everyone is ok.

Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  07:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and coffee cake ison the countr.

It was lonely here yesterday, where was everybody?

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/14/2017 :  11:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mark,
Thanks for keeping the place open. We spent the day with my 91 year-old dad. He is fitter and in better shape than I am! He made us BBQ ribs for dinner. It was great. Today I try to get in to see the Dr to interpret (or provide me results on) my MRI for my shoulder. No lifting or hammer swinging yet.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  08:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, I sweeot up the place and put the coffee on.

Not much traffic through here anymore,may have to close up on the weekends.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  3:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mark et al,
Thanks for the coffee. I added some scones, clotted cream and jam.
MRI shows that I tore my rotator cuff in my shoulder, along with some muscle, and so am unable to lift my arm out from my side. I can swing front and back a bit, but that is it. Needs surgical intervention but who knows how long that will be. The good side of all this is that I have time to model. Did some more work on mine buildings and formed a hill on the layout.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2017 :  3:34:58 PM  Show Profile
My turn to open! Coffee is on. Bangers and beans with your choice of toast.
Weather is starting to cool; Fall is palpable already.
Kids are talking about "back to school" stuff and trees are starting to lose their leaves (mostly from the stress of a waterless summer more than anything). It will be wierd this Fall, the eldest graduated university so he will be staying back and working; the middle one is off to university; the youngest finished high school a year early and so will be doing an internship instead of school.
Anyway, hope you all have a great day.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  1:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Good morning folks!
Got some pulled pork in the slow cooker, fresh buns in the bun warmer, and cole slaw in the fridge. Help yourselves.
Wish I had something to share but things are a little slow here. Life is hectic, making progress on the RR slow, that is.
Have a good day. Trust that David is having a good retirement and trip over to the States.
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  6:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Busy here at the beach. Lots of rain makes the grass grow but wet swales make mowing a treat. Only got half the yard done this morning before having to clean up for a pre closing inspection "up the road". Killed the afternoon at the inspection and getting final paperwork in place for tomorrow in Wilmington - 2 hours away. Low price home so commission barely covers my expenses. Oh well gets me out of the house! RR on!

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  6:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Lots of rain here at the beach so lots of grass and swamped swales make mowing a treat. Only got half the yard done before having to clean up for a pre closing inspection - killed the afternoon getting paperwork ready for tomorrow's closing in Wilmington - 2 hours up the road. Low priced home so commission barely covers my expenses but keeps me out of the house. RR ON!

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  7:47:11 PM  Show Profile
After hauling a nasty summer cold, I can post once again. It's one of those cruddy ones that we are taking a lot of drugs to control and ease.
I am enamoured with the C&S/ DSP&P. Ask my wife and son. They'll let you know how bad this is.
Yesterday, while perusing another fourum I found some exciting news. Como Colorado has to be the heart and soul of the memories of Colorado mountain Railroading. Yup, there I said it. Como has a lot of history to it from the time that the DSP&P Rolla into town. The railroad was gone about 70 yearsvago, but left this Roundhouse, depot and ruins I other structure behind. The news is that some guys have brought a locomotive back to Como. Itz a small prairie that was built for a mining outfit in Alaska. They are going to Shea it up and run it on some restored track between the roundhouse and depot.
I found this out and my wife thought i'd load my mind...
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000