Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
Been a bit since I've stopped by. But since I was up and about anyway I though I'd look in. Hmmmmm...so I have set up some breakfast eats for the morning crew. We have biscuits and gravy, coccee, tea, OJ, and some milk fresh from the cow, heavy on the cream. I so brought in some of my wife's cinnamon rolls. She told me too.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, thanks for the eats Fred.

Off to my treatment soon see you all later.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 08/02/2017 09:47:02 AM

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  1:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Fred, thanks for the cinnamon buns!
Mark, good luck with your treatment.
Am waiting on an order of wood from Mt Albert (through Fast tracks) and some double-sided tape from Amazon. The Amazon.ca site wanted $75 + $25 S&H; Amazon.com had it for $23. Crazy.
Anyway, hope you all have a great day.
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  3:57:52 PM  Show Profile
Thursday afternoon floor duty at the beach. About 80* today with humidity to match. Supposed to be the same tomorrow with rain overnight into Saturday - guess I will mow the lawn in the morning. Headed to Vienna, Virginia early Saturday for granddaughter's 5th birthday - build a bear in the morning, pool party in the afternoon. Be safe and congrats to the new retiree down under!

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/03/2017 :  10:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Greetings all!

Today was just wonderful. Had rqin, but for some reason here the rain is not cold. It's warm and quite a bitdifferent than that of the heartland.
No modeling today as we had shopping to do.
I brought forvan evening snack some bbqed shrimp and fresh gumbo. Also brought along some beer to wash it down. So dig in. Too bot for coffee so soda andeer will have to suffice.
Bill enjoy your grand kids.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  12:52:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey all. The heat is somewhat abated here in BC by the tons of smoke in the air from forest fires. Got a bit of nuclear winter going on. Hard on lungs and throat though. Long weekend coming up (hooray). Might get a chance for some modelling but not likely - gotta work on the yard while it's dry. Grass isn't growing though!
I guess it's official "David has left the building!" - I hope you survived your "passing out" parade(s) and got to do your farewells. Best of luck with your retirement and pending trip to the States.
AC is up and working in the lounge so enjoy it with some bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  3:48:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey ll, David thanks flr theats.

Got off treatment early because of connection problems with my arm.

Everyone have a good day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/04/2017 :  7:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Mark, Sorry to hear that. They let you go home, so I guess that's a good thing.
Just got an email in from Canada Post telling me that my Fast Tracks order has been delivered. We'll see when I get home. Canada Post isn't well-known for it's smarts. They mailed me three notices to my community mailbox, that I was unable to access because I had no keys, to tell me to come and pick up my new keys.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile
well, it's happening, again. I contracted pick eye. It's mainly in my right eye and formed a sty. The doc isn't in today so I'll just stay in the A.C. But, otherwisw, I'm ok. He's a small poem:

"The Sty"
There is a sty in my eye.
It's Making me cry.
Putting tears in my beer.

Anywho...I brought in two large, (Cornish rock) Roasted chicken, roasted poiaios,soda and a case of Bud ligbt. For xesert, there's home made Apple lies with your choice of either Wisconsin's finest sharp cheddar cheese or vanilla I e cream. So enjoy.
FRED

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:30 am Sunday here in Algester. Well, I am now on 8 weeks Long Service Leave but I have actually finished having to go to work every day.
I suppose I am not officially retired until the 29 September.
The lunch with staff from the Queensland Museum in Brisbane was a great success. Friday turned out to be somewhat of a disaster as when I arrived at work at 5:30 am the Museum had no electricity - no lights, no computers no hot water for coffee. The plans the Museum had made to give me a send-off were in disarray. . Still, they hastily arranged for light refreshments on the veranda of the Trackside Café before everyone was sent home.
I am off to a model railway show on the north side of Brisbane shortly with Raymond and Scooter (Craig).
Best Regards
David Mewes
Retired (Almost)
The Workshops Rail Museum

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  6:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, David a raised glass to your retirement.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  6:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Fred, sorry to hear that. My optometrist told me to clean my eyelids daily with the same stuff women use to remove eyeliner. I get fewer stys now. Thanks for the chicken, though!
David, bummer about the send off being in disarray - will be memorable though. Have fun at the Railway show.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  10:19:36 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,brnch is served we have coffee , juice, soft drinks, ham, roast beef, eggs, home frieswith cheese, gravy, biscuits, fruit, chicken strips, butter, and jams. Help yourselves.

Fred, hope things get better soon.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/07/2017 :  12:03:03 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is enjoying their civic holiday (at least in Canada). Some wind should be coming to blow away the smoke by early morning - fingers crossed.
Made some tea and set out some beer and wine for a nightcap.
cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  1:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Well that darned pink eye is just is still there. Arrrrgh!!! But I need t paint that combine. So alhough i hurt I have to do it.
Dave C. And Mark thanks for YOU for the encouragenent.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000