Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Page: of 83

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/26/2017 :  5:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 7:15 am Thursday here at the Museum and we are suffering a heat wave this morning after a week of 0 to -1 degree centigrade temperatures it is 3 degrees centigrade today. Positively balmy.
Running a bit late today so only time to brew some coffee and boiling water for tea on the counter.
My replacement seems to be fitting in rather well though it is rather disconcerting that he yawns a lot. Not sure if it is because I am boring him or he can't get enough sleep having moved into new accommodation in Sherwood (a suburb of Brisbane next to the Ipswich train line). Maybe the trains going past are keeping him awake at night.
My manager has said I have four days of accrued time (which won't be paid out when I leave) so I should try to take some time off during my remaining 5 working days. If I leave at mid-day each day I will have managed to have 10 hours off my 48 hours owing. I am not worried about being compensated for all the extra time I had put in but it is nice she recognises the fact and has recommended I take time off.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/27/2017 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone! Bacon, fried eggs, hashbrowns, and coffee are available for the taking.
I started cutting up some cardboard strips for my scenery last night. Not a very exciting task so it didn't last too long. Will work at some more tomorrow. It's fish 'n' chips night with the boys tonight!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/27/2017 :  4:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15 am Friday here at the Museum and the "heatwave" continues this morning with a temperature outside currently at 5 degrees centigrade.
That breakfast sounds good DavidC, I will partake.
Well this is the last day of my second last week, only three working days to go.
Then there will be two days of partying where everyone hopes I hurry up and leave the building (Museum).
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2017 :  7:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening All, I'll have some of those fish'n chips David.

Well, you short timer enjoy yor last days.

Good night All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  12:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for stopping in, Mark. Soon, there will be announcement. "David has left the building."
Coffee and french toast and maple syrup, with bacon, scrambled eggs, and some fresh mango, for fun.
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  1:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it was pretty quiet yesterday. Was it the mango?
Salmon bennies today with a splash of Bailey's for the coffee! Why not, it is the weekend.
Saw an announcement for the AK Interactive book on weathering wood. Looks enticing. I am sure there is nothing new in it and I could find it all on these forums but I like having a book I can flip through at my leisure. Need to find a place I can get one in Canada.
Have a great day, folks. I imagine David M is getting ready for his week of partying...
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/29/2017 :  9:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening All, I'm flooded in here in Rivesville, wv.

We had 4" of rain overnight in the area where the area was near flood stage fridsy.

No worries as my house sets up above the flooded areas.

Mark

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/30/2017 :  4:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 6:30 am Monday here at the Museum in Ipswich and another fine day.
I have made some fresh pancakes in the staff kitchen. They are on the counter along with jam and cream or maple syrup if you prefer. Tea and coffee also available. Please join me.
Raymond and I vacuumed the carpet in the T-Shed and generally tidied up as well as setting up the tables and chairs for the Tuesday Nighters get together this Tuesday.
Mark, stay safe. Sounds like you have had a little bit of rain.
David C yes this will be a week of partying.
Even though I supposedly have three working days to get through time will be spent in going over to the Queensland Railways workshops to share a few yarns with workers who won't be able to attend the farewell function on Friday.
I am both happy and very sad at the same time. This will be a difficult week and undoubtedly will be somewhat embarrassing at the farewell speeches.
Next weekend I will need to start finalising our preparations to travel to your great country to attend the NNGC in Denver. We leave on the 19th August and spend the first week in Chama and Durango, then Silver Plume before arriving in Denver on the 27th August.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and danishes on the counter.

David, don't party too harty, hehehe

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  4:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It looks like another quiet day in the Lounge. It is 6:15 am Tuesday here at the Museum in Ipswich and the temperature outside is 7 degrees centigrade. Where's winter?
I have cooked scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, hash browns and pork sausages in the staff kitchen. There is also tea and coffee available. Please join me.
Friday is getting closer.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  6:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David and Mark, thanks for keeping the lights on.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  08:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, keep those visits coming got to pay the electric bill.

We have Tim Hortens and eggs, sasage ,
gavey, bscuits, and btter an jam.

Everboy have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  5:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 7:00 am Wednesday at the Museum here in Ipswich. I asked yesterday "Where's winter?" and our Weather Bureau confirmed it. July has been the warmest winter in Queensland in over a century.
Today is my last "working day". I have a few things I will be trying to tidy up but only essentials as the my replacement (David 2) can take over.
Tomorrow (Thursday) I will spend a short day in at the main Queensland Museum campus in Brisbane as staff are taking me to lunch at a hotel across the road now named "The Fox and the Hounds" but was formerly named the "Terminus Hotel" as the southside Brisbane suburban system terminated next to the hotel before a bridge was built linking the railway to the northside (of the Brisbane River) in 1978.
I have brought in some cake with strawberries and cream as well as a New York (style) baked cheese cake for us to share. There is also tea and coffee available as well as a bottle of Bundaberg Rum. A shot of rum in the coffee goes well.
The Tuesday Nighters get together last night went well with ten of the guys turning up. Lots of railway yarns (as a number of them were/are train drivers) as well as their latest modelling projects. Scooter (alias Craig) proudly showed the latest copy of the Australian Model Railway Magazine which contains an article he had written.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  5:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon everybody!
After a busy weekend (more back yard construction going on and some time spent visiting with friends) I found that little work got done on the RR. I got some cardboard strips cut for the terra forming exercise and that was it.
I have tea and one-bite brownies ready to go; dig in!
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  9:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to believe it is August already. Received and read NG&IR today - a really good mag from the UK. MR arrived yesterday and got through it in a few minutes - guess I have been a model rail for too long! Headed to the hot tub for a pre bedtime soak. Take care.

Page: of 83 Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000