Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 136 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  6:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow David, 10 days (minus 2 for partying)! Very exciting. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary - 42 years!
We haven't made it to Friday breakfast time on this side of the world yet so I have banana bread for a snack.
Fred, back "in the day" no one worried about covering up against the sun; now everyone knows about the dangers but few do anything about it. I'm always trying to get my adult kids to put sunscreen on but they always use the "I don't burn" argument and they refuse to accept that it is UV rays, not the burning that causes the cancer. So frustrating.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good day (whether it's Thursday or Friday :-) )
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  7:08:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Once again greetings from the sunny south. Today was absoluty a no go outside day. At noon it was 94 and forget the heat index...
Over 100. So I stayed in for the most part. Just reading the latest issue of NGSLG. Neat stuff....lots of ideas. Lots of webpages....
I brought along Tonight all the Dixon's for Chicago style hotdogs...and a in a bun..
All beef weiners.
Poppy seed buns
And every thing else..

Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  8:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Evening al, David that is good news shortimer.

/////Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  3:33:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody!

Just stopped in for a soda. I just recieved my 'Christmas' in July. I have two new books to add to my growning collection. 'More Up Clear Creek" and a copy of Colorado Rail Annual no.11. So i have lotsvof reading to do.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  5:00:49 PM  Show Profile
Fred, you say "soda", I say "pop", but it's all the same and I will join you although our temperatures have cooled quite a bit to about 17 C.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  7:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, I'll have a soda with you.

It's thunder storming currently here.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  10:00:25 PM  Show Profile
David: I'm a pepper, are you one too? [:D
Been curled up with my Harry Brunk book. There's sooo much to read.

Been busy on FB at the On30 group. Posted pictures of my stuff. Can't seem to do it here,
Anyway got to get back to reading and tomorrow start to work on that combine.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/23/2017 :  4:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - I have just completed the Rusty Stump survey in the Crew Lounge.
I have just brewed some fresh coffee and there is boiling water available for the tea drinkers. Please pause and have a cup.
I spent Sunday sorting magazines into their correct piles and date order. I am thinking I really need to rationalise as I am getting swamped. I subscribe to six mainly narrow gauge prototype magazines mainly because of my job as curator at The Workshops and three narrow gauge modelling magazines. Trouble is I like reading them all so it is going to be very difficult to cast any to one side. Trouble is, Raymond looks forward to reading them too.
The new fellow starts today and I understand my boss will be out from Brisbane to oversee me teaching him.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
(8 working days to go)
The Workshops Rail Museum

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 7:30 am Tuesday here at the Museum and a chilly 0 degrees centigrade outside. My replacement's second day of training starts in half an hour when he arrives at work.
It looks like I am alone in the Lounge. Perhaps if I place on the counter a bottle of Cabernet Shiraz from one of the wine growing regions in South Australia together with a cheese platter and lite cracker biscuits might encourage a visitor or two.
I have to take the new curator on a tour of the rolling stock here in our Museum Collection and then over to the Queensland Rail workshops for further rollingstock inspections.

Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator (for another 9 days)

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  6:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Sitting on the screened porch with the fans on high and west
side sunshade - it is HOT! Enjoying a decent Chardonnay while the boss and I decide which leftovers from the weekend to have g or dinner. I think Frogmore Stew shrimp and sausage will win!

New RMC arrived today but have not gone through it yet.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2017 :  10:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gents,
I will take you up on the glass of wine. Had a nice swim in the pool after some yard work. Kids made supper AND cleaned up! Now settling in to watch Lord of the Rings with my daughter. It's our thing. I got a little RR stuff done as well. All in all - a good weekend.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  07:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and a coffee cake is on the counter.

No modeling lately thogh I had a busy weekend with my daughter.

Have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  2:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey all,
Here's to Dads and daughters!
Scorcher week coming up - more pool time!
Have a great day.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/25/2017 :  4:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15 am Wednesday here at the Museum and again it is 0 degrees centigrade outside. I have made some fresh coffee and there is boiling water available for you tea drinkers. I have also made some toast fingers with melted cheese and diced bacon. Please join me.
Well, the new Curator has started to settle in and has taken a great interest in what I have shown him. His name is also David so the sign-in book has us as David M and David H.
The Tuesday Nighters are coming over to my house next Tuesday evening so Raymond and I have been tidying up the T-Shed ready for their visit. There are a few questions about the layout I want to run past Daz (Darren) and Scooter (Craig). More encouragement coming from our railway modelling friends. I just wish I could turn at least one to the Dark Side to model in On30 as they are all HO modellers of New South Wales Railways. It would be nice to have someone else join Raymond and I as narrow minded modellers.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2017 :  4:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon from BC! It's a smokin' 26 Degrees C, here (sorry David). When I decided to go to On30, my dad was bewildered. He thought the cars looked out of scale and strange. We had both had HO layouts in the past and he was trying to get me to model N scale to pack in more track whereas I wanted less track and more scenery/scenes. I am still trying to wrap my head around the real estate requirements for O-scale but I love the size.
On a different note, who could help me design a logo for my line? Or where could I post such a request? I don't have any software capable of manipulating or producing art work.
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000