Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  10:31:44 PM  Show Profile
David and Mark, I am going to join you in the toast to our beloved Geezer. Never got to meet him personally, but, I gee to deeply admire him. So, here's to Geezer. The mentor to many and friend to all.
One thing became apparent today as I finished a small building I was experimenting with out of foam. It didn't have a name. But now it does. Wm. Anderson Mining Supply. It's just a small adobe built as a trial. It's crusty and is going to sit tracksde in Kebler on my Ohio Creek subdivision.
Somewhere, Bill's having a good laugh at this first building.
I am going to get to bed. My son David,is coming over to help take,apart some pallets that have good lumber for my ban I work. Everyone have a great night and a safe Holiday.
Fred, Sue, Sean and David.
The crew on the Ohio Creek.

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  4:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15 am here at the Museum in Ipswich and a chilly 3 degrees centigrade outside. I have made some scrambled eggs with crispy bacon and toast in the staff kitchen with tea and coffee also available. Please join me.
25 working days to go who would have believed it? I have three weeks (15 days) to tidy my desk and empty out the drawers before my replacement starts. Amazing how much stuff one accumulates in 15 years.
It was an expensive weekend for me. My father bought an electric shaver on a spur of the moment then decided it was too complicated and wanted to take it back (he hadn't used it) so I took him out to the shopping centre and while there, somewhere I lost my reading glasses. So I will have to phone my optometrist today for a replacement pair. I expect it will cost me around $500 though I should get at least a partial refund from my health insurer.
So, basically the weekend was shot, with no chance to get into the T-Shed. Maybe next weekend.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  5:51:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 7:45 am Tuesday 4th July here at the Museum in Ipswich.
It looks like I am the only visitor again since my post yesterday. Where is everyone? I know my cooking isn't that good since I burn the toast and overcook the scrambled eggs while crispy bacon is just that - crispy.
You will be waking up today to one of the US's most important holidays - the 4th July. Could I wish you all a very happy and safe 4th July.

I should try to make my posts about modelling in On30 rather than sore backs, lost glasses and impending retirement.
One thing coming up on the calendar is the 37th National Narrow Gauge Convention to be held in Denver this year. My wife, Pauline, and I will be attending so, hopefully, I may get to meet some of you. I made many friends at the previous two conventions I have been fortunate enough to attend - Pasadena 2013; Houston 2015.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  6:42:44 PM  Show Profile
David, It's still the 3rd here but I will add my best wishes for my Southern neighbours. My weekend was also a bust. Dog is constipated, badly, vomiting, lethargic, etc. She spent most of the day yesterday, last night, and today at the hospital trying to get a bowel movement happening and re-hydrating her. Meanwhile my wife is packing to leave for 10 days to a seminar for her work. So what was starting out to be a great Canada Day weekend, went bust last afternoon. I collect the dog this evening, and, if I have to, return her to the vet tomorrow. Fingers crossed, she will have passed the clog and will be on the mend. It seems she ate too much bone and it's sitting like a calcified lump in her colon. I did a little lobbying but not as much as I had hoped and I watched a couple of warm days go by without a dip in the pool. :-(
Hope y'all have a great Independence Day tomorrow - slay those aliens (sic-fi ones, not the human ones).
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  4:45:35 PM  Show Profile
It's a quiet day; sun's out and sky's clear. Temperatures are ramping up for a scorching 30-plus C day on Thursday. New AC is working well. Tea kettle is on and Hob-nobs on the counter.
Hope all our American friends are having a good and safe holiday.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  4:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy 4th all. I just finished up a build for a customer. This started as a Bachmann black porter with some strange road name. It is now Green with a tender and a keep alive unit.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Edited by - BigLars on 07/04/2017 5:00:49 PM

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  6:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 8:30 am here at home in Brisbane. I have the rest of the week off as I have a chest infection and am supposed to be resting. I don't want to pass it on to anyone else so have not provided any snacks today.
Sorry to hear about your dog David. I trust that the problem has passed.
Thank you Larry for getting back to the On30, That is a beautiful rebuild of a Bachmann Porter. Great work.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  3:39:16 PM  Show Profile
David, I hope your chest improves soon.
Good news for my pooch. She got the all-clear to come home and have her IVs removed. Oral antibiotics for a week. Of course, this week my wife is away so there's just me to look after her.
Too late for breakfast so I made 2nd breakfast - eggs, choice of toast, baked beans, and coffee.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  6:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening All, cold ones and soda in the fridge.

I just got out of the hospital for the second time since satrday.

Larry, great job on the porter.

David take care of yourselfe.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile
It's just another HOT AND HUMID day in the south. We're staying in with our A.C. on.

But, we did stop uni the lounge and my son David has made some gumbo for lynch/supper/dinner. And theres cold Blue Moon Belgian White in the fridge.

Larry: That little logo looks 'purty'. Good to see your post.

I am having a rough time with allrgies down here. So we are going to move back to the Missouri Ozarks. Yup another move.

Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  10:31:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, Fred, thanks for getting the lounge set up.
It seems that between moves, ailments, and hospital visits there's not a lot of modelling getting done. :-(
I would like to say that all the postings showing SBS methods are amazing. They make me feel like I could also be Rembrandt, where in reality, I can only produce stick men! My thanks go out to all who spend the time posting these wonderful instructions.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2017 :  9:39:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey All, a bottle of red and a green bottle are on the counter.

I'm trying to catch up on things after being in the hospital most of the week. It will take awhile.

Everyone have a good night.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  12:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Mark: Hey!! Let's not let hospital stays interfere with model railroading!! Heal fast my friend!

I just stopped by to grab a soda and see if anyone was about.

Not much going on here, but, we'll be be busy towards the end of the week as we pack to go back north. Leaving the sunny south for the Missouri Ozarks

Fred & Sue Cotterell.

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  07:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, home fries, contry ham, gravy, and biscits are ready.

Fred, bad kidnees, and a eak heart I'm afraid don't heal up you just have to live with it.

Oh well, everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!

Just stopped in to bring a lttlev brunch. Usual care I cludinf some grits with jalapenos.

Merk, i have aCHE and Diabetes 2. At 65 my body is slow to heal. But I do muddle through. I used to weigh I at 340#, I started riding a bio and now I'm down to 250#. So I didn't mean any insult.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000