Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Page: of 83

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  6:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry the before picture came out so small. Page 49 has a larger one

Roland

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  7:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck on the move.
ed

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  11:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's the end of the day here. If anyone wants to join me in cold beer, there's extra.
Ron, I hope your wife mends quickly. All the best to you both.
David, everything in Australia is trying to kill you! No wonder it was a penal colony. I think my heart would have stopped if I encountered a python that was standing up in the doorway. $150 well spent, I am sure.
Roland, good luck with the move. I hope everything arrives in as many pieces as it is supposed to.
It was hot here so I indulged in some swimming pool time. Replaced the frames around the front door lines (made of some kind of plastic and it shrunk in the cold winter and broke - yay, home depot). Back yard reno and deck starts tomorrow (hooray). Managed to get some more pieces of the mine glued together. Need to get back at the layout though. That backdrop needs doin'!
All the best!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  4:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15 am Wednesday here at the Museum in Ipswich. I am trying to tidy my desk and bookcases before my replacement arrives tomorrow for an introductory visit.
I have just baked some fresh scones in our office lunch room and have jam and cream on the counter top. Tea and coffee is also ready. While pythons aren't poisonous they can still give you a very nasty bite which could easily become infected from all the bacteria in its mouth. This is the first time I have come across a python at home. I have come across plenty of red-bellied blacks and eastern browns both of which are poisonous especially the latter which are also noted for their very aggressive nature and they will chase you to attack.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  5:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I would not have to worry. I would be dead from a heart attack long before I was bitten. I hate snakes.

Roland

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  6:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland good luck on the move.
Snakes, I hate snakes and usually kill them when seen. On Sunday I had to chase one away as I had nothing around to club it with. I'm happy we don't have pythons.
I have been doing some modeling and some decoder installs for folks. Nothing picture worthy yet.
I'm leaving out a bottle of red, enjoy!

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  8:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are on FB you can see some Porters I'm working on. https://www.facebook.com/larry.knapp.90/videos/1539684159385348/

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  9:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trouble is, snakes are protected here. They can kill you but you are not allowed to kill them.
It is very scary when you find one in the house as I have a couple of times.
It has been a timely reminder to me not to leave the downstairs doors of my house or the sliding glass door to the T-Shed open to prevent unwelcome guests.
It is winter time here they are supposed to be inactive.
Regards
David Mewes
Curator

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  10:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Ausies have more things on land and sea that will kill you than maybe any country in the world. But keep in mind not all snakes are bad.
And maybe they don't dig us. I once put the shedded skin of a black snake (one of the good ones) in the kitchen trash bin. That did not enamor we with Barb. It was funny to me anyway.
ed

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  11:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curator snakes may be protected in some parts of Australia by law. BUT. But if you are in danger then guess what happens to the snake??

I grew up in the country. And dispatched many many snakes over the years. The choice between being bitten by a deadly snake and a lawyer is an easy choice!

Same with spiders!!

FWIW our daughter has pet snakes. Albeit non poisonous ones. Only this morning she sent an email of a 6ft python hanging from the rafters just above her entry door. Good thing the grand kids are tooooo big to be swallowed whole!

bruce

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  3:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mid-day here. Got the lights on and coffee brewing. Doughnuts and sticky buns are out. No snakes!
Been enjoying the pool in this nice weather. I curse it a lot because it does suck up a lot of time and money but when I can jump in after a hot, sweaty work day, it's bliss!
Have a good one.
Cheers,
Dave

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  4:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce,
Dude, you have some big spiders. I have friends all over Australia. My best buddy Peter lives in Tasmania. 30 years navy and world class rugby player until he tore his knees up.
I think he was a Hooker. Just kidding.
Been there many times. I have all but the first six NGDU mags.
It is a pleasure knowing you.
ed keen (engine909)

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  5:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone - It is 7:45 am Thursday here at the Museum. I am running a bit late as I had a monthly report to prepare plus I am tidying my desk to impress the new guy but mainly for my big boss, the Principal Curator who is coming out from the main Museum at Southbank after collecting the new David from the airport. I've told them here they won't even have to change my name on the staff In/Out board . David is flying up from Newcastle in New South Wales where I gather he has lived/worked all his life, to see what his new workplace looks like and be introduced. I will have to train him after he starts here on the 24 July. I will have only two weeks as I finish on the 4 August.
The new David supposedly has an interest in railways and is a railway modeller but all I have seen so far is old Hornby tinplate. Looking forward to getting to know him. Perhaps I can turn him to the dark side?
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  5:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one here? No posts since my last one yesterday.
Well, meeting my replacement was interesting. Not sure what to make of him yet as he was here only for a short time. I did gather that he is not passionate about model railways but he has a small collection of tinplate Hornby 3-rail electric locomotives as mantelpiece models. Not sure yet what he knows about Australian railways and railway history.
I brought in some pancakes, jam and cream as a snack while fresh coffee and tea is available. Please join me.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  6:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curator they are all outside playing in their summer sun!

I ran out of my favourite Tichy windows yesterday. An oops moment. So everything is on hold while I wait for the mailman. Guess I'll have to go outside and tackle some weeds!!!

bruce

Page: of 83 Previous Topic: Black Bear Logging II Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000