Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Looks like i'm opening so help yourselves to fried eggs, grilled tomatoes, hashbrowns, bacon, and coffee.
Bill, Congratulations on your 48th anniversary! That's fantastic!
Mark - 6000 posts - that's a milestone, for sure.
We have had two gorgeous days in a row here. Too bad I can't ditch work for a motorcycle ride.
Have a great day, all y'all!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:30 am Friday here at the Museum and the weather is quite cool. A shivering 4 degrees Centigrade.
At least the office is nice and warm .
I am probably a bit late for your breakfast offering David so I will have to prepare my own fried eggs, hash browns sausages and bacon. There is also fresh coffee and tea, so please join me. I can't have too much as I am trying to keep losing weight. I have lost 4 kg in the past few weeks and want to lose another 5 before heading off to the US in 8 weeks time for the NNGC in Denver.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  6:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey Curator time to move. 4 up there hey? 18 here on the Gold Coast.
No time for crumpets this morning. Or modeling. The grand kids are coming down so I have to hurry and hide all my lollies!

bruce

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  7:31:12 PM  Show Profile
david i'll have breakfast for supper.

Evening All,

It's 79f here currently.

Bill, congratulations on 48 yrs.

Have a good night all.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone!
To quote the people of Washington state; "Hey, the sun is out! What did we do wrong?" After the storm passed we have some sunshine! It's 7:30am and the rain has ended, for now.
I guess I'll open up. There's French toast with butter and syrup, bacon and eggs too. Put on coffee, and water for tea. Milk is in the fridge along with some nestlse's quick. So everyone enjoy!!

I am reading Harry Brunk's "Up Clear Creek" for the third time. Just trying to digest some of his ideas to improve on some of my stuff.

I hope that Mark is getting better.
David across the pond: what equipment do you have At your museum? I am fasinated by UK RR items because of that little show, 'Thomas the tank engine". I'm a sucker ever since my kids used to watch it when they were little.

David Clark: how's your layout coming?

And where'd big lars get off to?
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, thanks flr breakfast Fred.

The rain has stopped for the time being here as well.

Have a vreat day All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  12:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning!
Thanks for brekkie, Fred. Thanks, also, for stopping by my thread to check on my progress. didn't get pictures like I promised and tonight we have guests for supper, so no hobbying tonight either. I might be able to snatch a picture or two, though.
We are in for a scorcher on the West Coast this weekend - 35-38 C!
Have a good one!
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/23/2017 :  4:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Greetings once again y'all from the now sunny gulf coast of Alabama.

I just stopped by to see what's going on. It's 85f here and of course humid humid humid. I did about fifteen minutes I outside work. Got a bit overheatedoverheated as my thermostat is still set for Missouri. Can't get too overheated cuz myb pacemaker might vaporlock.

David: I too won't get too much hobby time, . I have friends coming forca,visit.

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  11:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone,

It is a little late for breakfast, but I put the coffee on. If you prefer something stronger I put some tall cold ones on the fridge.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while but my wife was going through some serious health issues but the good news is she is on the recovery side and is expected to make a full recovery. I haven't done any modelling lately so nothing to report on that front.

Got a lot of catching up to do, have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  12:19:11 PM  Show Profile
Ron: I hope your wife is on her way back to health!

This morning i just stopped by for a minute. Been busy cookin'cleanin' and taking care of the missus.

Cindy has gone, and the sun is out until midweek. Then the monsoon season starts back up. I am giving serious thought to moving to a drier climate, like Arizona, The Colorado western slope, or Moab Utah. The humidity in Moab in summer usually runs low, like Sun 20%. Except when it rains.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  2:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon All, I'll have a cold thanks Ron.

Ron it's good to here from you tell the missis we're pulling for her.

Everyone have a good evening.

Mark

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  4:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:30 am Monday here at the Museum in Ipswich with a quite cool 5 degrees centigrade outside, in the office about 24 degrees centigrade.
I have just brewed some coffee and provided boiling water for tea. There are also white chocolate muffins with cream on the counter. Please join me.
I only have 29 working days to go before I finish work. It could be less if I take any days off.
My son-in-law spent the day with me yesterday as we applied a concrete sealant on the front driveway to stop it from losing all he concrete dust and to bind the concrete. The only excitement we had yesterday was when I went to go into the T-Shed at the back of the house only to be confronted in the doorway by a 4 ft long Python (only tiny for a Python) who was quite feisty and tried to strike at me several times. Called in the snake catcher ($150 ) who came over about half an hour later. He arrived just in tie to catch it and put it in a bag. He was surprised at how aggressive it was as Pythons are usually fairly quiet. He got it to "stand up" ready to strike while he took some photos (the camera was only about a foot away). He was very happy saying how beautiful it was.
I hope things start to settle down now. I finished the chapter for the Institution of Engineers and posted it last Friday.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and assorted danish are on the counter.

Cool here at 53f snd foggy.

Off for my treatment soon.

Have a great day all.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  4:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everybody!

It's a warm, humid day here. Got the A.C. on and just coolin' my heels.

Thanks, Mark, for the Danish and coffee. Don't really drink coffee, but, it was almost gone, so I refilled the pot.

Didn't do to much modeling today, as somehow I can't seem to locate my box of truck kits from San Juan cars. Looks like Friday I'll have to order more. Maybe I'll just go the RTR route. Saves my eyes.

Any way, everybody have a fine day. If its hot where you are, stay cool.

Fred.

P. S. Where's big lars been? Kind of worrying about him.

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  6:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Spent the day working on the railroad

Before

After

Everything came apart as expected, and can be moved in my van. The trip is only 7 miles I am looking forward to getting it back together in it's new home.

Roland

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000