Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  10:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, thamks for the rolls and milk Fred.

Fred, you have been quite busy.

Have a great day All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  1:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Fred,
Thanks for the goodies and congratulations for another milestone achieved. don't forget all the "senior's" meals you can partake in at restaurants. I can't imagine how tiring being a caregiver can be. I hope you have some help, if only to spell you off from time to time.
I got some fascia up on my layout and am ready to install the control cables for my turnouts.
Have a good day, all.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone - It is 6:20 am here at the Museum in Ipswich.
Well, "Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men" the delivery of the German WW1 A7V tank did not go exactly according to plan. I am thankful I wasn't involved. I won't go into any details suffice to say the tank is sitting outside the railway workshops (Museum) building all wrapped up and awaiting decisions to be made with another attempt to follow later today.
I have just brewed some fresh coffee and have boiling water available for tea but nothing to eat. Please join me in a hot cuppa!
Following Mark's advice and David's warning of possible flare ups I am off to the doctor today to see about my back. Hopefully, nothing else untoward but will probably result in a request for X-rays or scans to see what is going on. I think I will have to have a quiet weekend and will need to let my friend John know that we will need to give sorting through the books I have inherited to another weekend.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/08/2017 :  5:29:38 PM  Show Profile
David, good on you! I will partake in tea and have home-made chocolate chip cookies to add to the mix.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  11:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Morning brunch

Congrats on the retirement Fred. Not any modeling, working on the old Chevy... trying to get it street worthy again. Long process.

Waiting for a good rain and then maybe some modeling. The 2nd Shay is almost done and then a crossing tower will be built. Quite a list but no time or motivation. Also need some o scale stringers. I'd really like to hand cut them from sclae 2x 12 with 2x 10 treads.
Have a great week-end!

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 06/09/2017 11:30:06 AM

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  3:25:49 PM  Show Profile
I guess it is brunch-time. Time flies it seems.
Nothing much going on. Poured rain yesterday which meant that traffic through the motorcycle store was negligible. Sun is peaking out today so that's good.
Got my wood sorted by size, ready for staining. Maybe this weekend?
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  11:14:17 PM  Show Profile
It is 1:00pm Saturday afternoon here in Algester. I saw my doctor yesterday afternoon and after prodding and poking and asking the usual questions she indicated I had a strained muscle across the lower back. Take it easy and don't lift anything heavy. Ohh well! Looks like I have to put up with the pain for a while and not lift anything heavy.
It is very overcast here and is threatening rain.
Before I left work yesterday the Principal Curator (my boss) told me she had received 17 applications for my job so it looks like they could have a replacement before the end of the month.
I have some historical research to do but will be having a glass of Cabernet Merlot from the vineyards of the Margaret River region in Western Australia soon so please drop around and join me over a glass or two while we talk about the lack of progress on our layout.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  2:01:50 PM  Show Profile
The sun is always over the yardarm someplace! Commiserating on non-accomplishment with a glass of wine seems a fine way to pass the day. Of course, that just shows that a glass of wine with anything is a good way to pass the day.
David, if your boss has a good pool of candidates that should mean they can get someone on-board sooner rather than later and give you lots of time to train he/she/it. Best of luck!
Cheers,
Dave

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  5:39:21 PM  Show Profile
With an upcoming move I have been to busy to even lurk lately. The only work done on the layout is getting ready to move it. I am looking forward to getting settled in the new place and putting everything back together again.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Roland

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  12:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey all,
Found some time to mock up Bill Banta's Little Creek Mine to see how it could fit. Now I know which way to build it to fit the necessary orientation.
Roland, best of luck with the pending move. Personally, I hate moves; the good part is we seem to move every 4-5 years so not too much stuff accumulates.
Have the kettle on for tea and got some fresh coconut layer cake with whipped cream icing!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  08:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, home fries, ham, ham gravy, and farmers bread with butter and jams.

Roland, we know you are busy so don't worry. We will be waiting to see the rebuild in the new room.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  1:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mark,
After brekkie it's off to the train room to do some work. I am left to my own devices for a few hours and I am confident I can ignore the call of the back yard "honey do" list.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/11/2017 :  4:18:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone it is 6:30 am Monday here at the Museum. We had a lot of heavy rain yesterday and more is predicted for today and the rest of this week. At least there is no wind so temperatures are about 10 degrees centigrade warmer than last week.
You were right David, my back pain has flared up
so have been applying linament and hot wheat packs to try to settle it down.
I spent Sunday cataloguing rolling stock on our layout and am still reconsidering the design of the whole layout. I have been looking at many ideas/suggestions for layouts that appear under various headings on Railroad Line Forums.
Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  10:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning all,
David, sorry to hear about the flare up. Backs are tricky.
I think you could spend ages looking through all the amazing information on this site. Don't go down too many rabbit holes or we'll never hear from you again.
Cloudy and overcast here. The cloudy pool in my back yard is beckoning for attention and I need to collar the landscaper to pin him down on dates for our re-landscaping plan. I was fairly successful in getting my turnout controls installed yesterday - that was a learning experience.
Meanwhile enjoy the coffee and sticky buns.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  4:31:02 PM  Show Profile
It is 6:30 am Tuesday here at the Museum and it is pouring rain. If the weather bureau has it right we should get about 4 inches of rain today plus a winter thunderstorm.
I can't remember how long it took my back to settle down as it was a while ago. I do know that I have woken up in the morning to find there are no more twinges - pain gone.
I have two more model train exhibitions to put together based on this first one which I finally completed the Objects list and the Labels yesterday. This is not going to be as easy as it sounds as with over 12,000 items to catalogue and only just under 1,000 completed, many of what I would like (or need) to use still have to be accessioned (catalogued) and this takes time.
David, I don't want to get too deep into delving into past ideas as I don't want to fall down a rabbit hole like Alice.
I have some cinnamon doughnuts that I am just warming in the microwave and have tea and coffee ready, so please join me. I know the doughnuts are not good for the waistline but it is not really a problem if it is only an occasional treat.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000