Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  09:08:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and assorted muffins are on the counter.

Another cool and rainy morning here in WV.

Roland thats good news, I look forward to your rebuild in your new room.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  09:10:53 AM  Show Profile
The joint is open, didn't hit a lick of modeling yesterday. No excuse. Coffe on the counter guys help ur self.

Yep someone should go fishing for the Geeze!
Good luck with the sale Roland!

Have a great day!

Philip

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  2:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi All!
Thanks for the coffee! I brought sticky buns for a snack.
Actually got some fascia painted and test-stained some strip wood for the mine building. I think it's too dark so I will have to add more alcohol.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Morning Guys...Looks like I stepped on Mark's post yesterday.

Have a great day!
Coffee ready looks like some pastries are left over.

Nice day here.. winds from the south warming up!

Philip

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  1:25:10 PM  Show Profile
Morning, all!
Lovely weather here again. Just soaking it in!
Attended a lecture by Gwynn Dyer (Canadian award-winning Journalist) with the missus. Very interesting.
Hope you have productive weekends!
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  7:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. I put a green bottle out for old times sake. I brought some small kits to the beach to work on if it rains. So far sunny and high seventies.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2017 :  9:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Evening All, I put the glass out on the end of the bar so if someone tops in it will be there.

Evryone be safe this weekend.

Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  09:00:32 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, ham, home fries, and toast are in the warmer.

It's 62f and cloudy here in WV.

I'm going to relax and watch some train videos.

Have a great day all.

Mark

W,L,&E

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  09:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message
Morning guys

Thanks for breakfast
Looking forward to 3 days of modeling in the train room
Need to turn the garden but hopefully next week we rent a tiller

It's rainy here in dayton so not much for out doors

Hay sorry bout nocking the glass of the bar last night mark
But that way a heck of a party............#128514;

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2017 :  12:41:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
Beautiful weather today; should be good for business.
Larry, don't get sand in your glue!
No modelling to report but maybe after the weekend....
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/29/2017 :  4:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is very quiet in the Lounge perhaps we need to stoke up the fire.
It is 6:15 am Tuesday here at the Museum in Ipswich and a chilly 8 degrees C outside. Nice and warm in the office though.
I am just brewing some fresh coffee and have hot scones with jam and cream for a snack.
Our Collection Manager arrived back yesterday from his overseas trip to the Greek Islands and already wishing he was back there still.
I am finalising an exhibition for the main Queensland Museum at Southbank featuring Gauge 1 and Gauge 0 model trains from a very large private collection. It is a big job with a great deal of paperwork and transfers of objects not to mention the object labels and text panels to be completed. I have one more model to select which will have to be HO Scale as the exhibition designers wish to display it on a 45 degree angle so will have to be relatively small and light (at least lighter than the Gauge 1 or 0 Gauge)
I have been gradually emptying my desk at work. It is amazing how many coffee cups you accumulate in 17 years.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile
David, Thanks for opening and getting coffee and scones on...!
Cleaning out an office is always bitter-sweet. Find anything long-lost?
I ended up converting a storage/ironing/server/office space to a bedroom which resulted in having to stack washer/dryer combo and put new shelves in the laundry cupboard. That earned me a day of motorcycling riding up Sea-to-Sky highway towards Whistler. Beautiful! didn't get any modelling done .....again!
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  4:56:38 PM  Show Profile
6:45 am Wednesday morning here at the Museum in Ipswich and another chilly 8 degree C morning. I have some freshly brewed coffee and hot water available for tea for those who prefer it.
I wouldn't mind a nip of Bundaberg Rum to help warm up the insides but that will have to wait until the weekend?
I have to update my catalogue list of rolling stock at home as I have been a bit slow following recent purchases. Needed for insurance purposes.
I had an inspector from the firm who recently installed security screens and doors throughout our house as I had found on the weekend that one of the doors could still be opened even when it was locked. He was not happy with the fellow who did the installation having to disassemble a couple of the doors and refit them.
No modelling done this week yet.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  5:25:14 PM  Show Profile
David, I guess you are moving into Winter, eh? I keep hoping Summer will show up, at some point.
Raining again today. Slow customer day. With the promise of a rainy week, the outlook isn't too favourable either.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/31/2017 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi David - Yes, today is Thursday 1st June and its the first day of winter. It is just after 6:00 here at the Museum in Ipswich and it is a near freezing 2 degrees centigrade outside my office. The temperature where I live when I left home this morning was a positively balmy 12 degrees centigrade. It is only 40 km from my home in Brisbane to Ipswich - surprising what a temperature difference there is.
I have just made some fresh coffee and there is boiling water available for you tea drinkers. I have brought in some pancakes together with maple syrup and fresh cream as a snack. Just warm them up a little in the microwave.
I won't get anything done on the layout this weekend as I have a family appointment on Saturday (wife, myself, daughter, her husband and three grandsons) with a photographic studio to the value of $800 as a gift from the Toyota dealer following my purchase of a brand new 2017 Toyota Corolla Sport for my wife while I traded in my 2009 Hyundai Getz and have taken over Pauline's 2011 Toyota Corolla Ascent.
Sunday is also a wipeout as the son-in-law is coming over to put a concrete sealant on our 8 month old concrete driveway which just keeps powdering up.
I am still stressing about the track plan for our On30 layout. Am I squeezing in too much? Am I trying to build an empire when it should be much simpler? Have I left enough room for O Scale size buildings (I have a lot of kits to build but am still thinking in HO Scale)? And so on!!
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000