Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 78 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  10:49:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all.
Mark: let's not shutter this lounge. I always check to see has stopped by. I might lurk a bit, but I always come back.

This morning the sun is out and I am going to try to get a couple photos of my trains outside.

Along with the coffee I brought in some assorted bagels and schmere. Of course I will stop by tonight with goodies.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  10:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Mark, let's not close this place up. Ibalqays check to see who has stopped in and what's going on. I mighturk a bit but I still stop by Geezer's to look around.

This morning along with the coffee, I brought in a. Assortment of N. Y. Bagels with lox and schmere. I will stop by tonight with more goodies. Maybe a Brooklyn style pizza.

Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/09/2017 :  2:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey all,
Fred thanks for the bagels and lox!
I stop in during slow periods at work (awful, I know) but weekends, I stay away from the computer. Spent Sunday afternoon at a riding refresher (motorcycle) clinic. It was beautiful out (got some sun) and was reminded of bad habits and learned new things. All in all, a win! Monday was spent ripping up more deck and the stairs to second floor (ugh).
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  6:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon!
Got to spend some time on the RR while watching results roll in for BC Provincial elections. My spouse yelled at the tv while I soldered wiring.
2 days of sunshine will be giving way to more of the wet stuff tomorrow.
Feeling a little envious of all those new retirees!
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Dave

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  6:59:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to throw my hat into the keep open bin. I'm really a lurker who comes by about once a week. I tend to just listen in, but you would be surprised at the number of ideas and techniques I gleen.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 05/10/2017 7:00:34 PM

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  07:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and coffee cake, fruit and danish are on the counter.

Gentlemen you all are going to have to help keep it going( more lurkers stopping in and saying hello).

It's 58f and cloudy here this morning.

You'll have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  2:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mark et al,
Thanks for opening this a.m.
I will put up my feet for a bit and scarf down some coffee cake! I'm still waiting for my On30 Annual - it must be walking across the border.
Mother's Day this weekend, in case any one needs a prod.....
Have a good one!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  6:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - My very sincere apologies as I have not posted or even lurked behind the scenes for the past three or four weeks. I really must do better.
Please don't shut the thread down it is important even if it does not seem so with the current lack of postings. I am very grateful to those who have kept it going such as BBLumber (Mark) and David Clark. I very much doubt that the lack of postings is due to a lack of interest but more trying to post items of interest to others whether it be progress (or lack thereof) on a layout or that special On30 build. I have felt at times that my conversational input has been boring (or repetitive - no progress on my layout) and I do not wish to turn people away due to my ramblings.
It is 8:00 am Friday here at the Museum and I am back at work after four weeks leave. I have had a mountain of e-mails waiting for me and have spent the last four days slowly working my way through them. Word has spread amongst the rail enthusiast and modelling fraternity that I will be retiring soon (60 working days to go - but whose counting ) so I have been inundated with requests for plans and information before I leave the Museum not to mention the Museum work I still have to do.
I have brewed some fresh coffee and there is hot water available for those who prefer tea. I have also cooked up some crispy bacon, scrambled eggs and toast in the staff lunchroom so please join me.

Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  6:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi All. I'm back after a crazy and busy week. Last Sat was our 50th anniversary. From Thurs through Sun there were several parties at friends homes. We had a great time. Then one of the local retirement centers called and told us they had a cottage available if we wanted it. We had applied almost 4 years ago. The move will happen sometime in Sept. Now we have to sell the house and get everything packed. I had built the layout in sections so it can come apart with minimal damage, be moved to a storage unit and put back together in the new place. I actually have more space but will keep everything the same size. No more modeling until fall. This will be the 12th move we have made, most while I was in the USAF, so no surprises

Roland

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  6:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Yikes!! I looked back at posts and see it was the 6 April since I last posted.
My four weeks leave was a wipe-out as far as working on our layout goes. I spent much of my time sorting, dating, labelling and cataloguing my huge collection of sugar cane railway slides dating from 1965 through to the 1990s. I have a professional scanner at home so this is in preparation for scanning my collection. I have put quite a number of images Raymond had scanned for me previously up on my Facebook page as well as within a couple of Facebook groups (Australian Sugar Cane Railways and Queensland Railways - Days Gone By).
I have not considered it appropriate to post these prototype images on The On30 Line but I could post some on the Photography thread.
Last weekend (6 & 7 May) was the annual model railway show organised by the Australian Model Railway Association - Queensland Branch. This is THE big model railway show here in Brisbane while a number of other model railway clubs organise shows in their local area.
There was only one On30 layout (that I had time to see as I was volunteering as door attendant). This was a model of a World War 1 military railways built by members of the AMRA - Narrow Gauge SIG Group. The public loved the WW1 trains and the scenic effects especially the bomb craters which would issue smoke occasionally. I have some images at home which I will post on the weekend but I didn't get any with the smoke effect unfortunately.

Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  7:21:49 PM  Show Profile
David, second breakfast! I'm in!
There is so much info on this site that one can get lost in the wandering through volumes of exciting pictures and how-tos. It is time consuming - all of a sudden a few hours have gone by and while I am all the richer for the experience I don't get anything done in "real time". I think this is a good place to share those experiences as well as "check this out" because I don't think one person can remember where to find everything. I spent some time going over the "Magoun Pier" build....so inspiring!
Anyway, hope you all have a great evening (or morning, David).
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  9:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Evening, thanks for the coffee and goodies David.

We all get busy at times and nobody is more boring than me latly.

A few more need to check in, Rick, Jerry, and Larry.

Roland congrates on 50 years and the new place, keep us informed on how things are going.

Good Night All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  4:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey all,
Time for a cuppa and some shortbread cookies!
Ordered some cedar grilling wraps to use as shingles. I read somewhere that they work well. I guess we'll see. Amazon says they will be here today. I am finding that I am getting way too comfortable ordering off Amazon because it is easier and less-time consuming than going down to the store. I will usually try to get it locally but convenience is the devil!
Have a good day!
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 05/13/2017 :  08:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Waky waky, coffee is on ad eggs , sausage, biscuits, gravy, and home fries are in the warmer.

It's saturday and I don't feel like doing anything but train watching.

Have a great day Ya''ll.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 05/13/2017 08:05:44 AM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 05/13/2017 :  08:34:28 AM  Show Profile
I know I'm a looker and sometime bud in but my vote is keep the lounge I like stopping by the dark side now and then to see what's going on and get a few tips. Tom

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000