Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  6:34:03 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon folks,
Must be real busy all 'round since no one had a chance to drop by! Coffee is on; my daughter made oatmeal cookies so dig in. Sunday was beautiful but my hopes to go for a motorcycle ride were dashed by the missus declaring we were ripping down the fence that got done in by the last windstorm (sigh). On the good side, I got my electrical working and the loco can negotiate the two modules without problem. Next is installing turnout controls.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2017 :  7:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dave thnks for the cookies snd coffee.

As they say best laid plans of mice and men. HEHEHE

Have a good evening All.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  1:02:04 PM  Show Profile
'Morning all. So yesterday's sun was nice but it has now become rain AGAIN with more rain to follow for the next two days. The back yard is like a squishy swamp. My hydrophobic dog doesn't even like walking on it. Got a little time on the RR last night installing bullfrog turnout controls. Today's menu is French Toast, Maple Syrup, yogurt and fruit. Coffee, of course.
Have a good one.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  3:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Well yesterday was our 40th wedding anniversary. Had a swell time with Gena. We went on a 10 mile hike in the wilderness with the dog!

Buttermilk Falls and Emmert Falls
Kentucky

Paying today! Rusty like ....an old wrench!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  4:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Phillip, looks like you had a nice day and congrats on your 40th.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  5:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Philip, Congratulations on your 40th. That is quite a milestone. We have champagne to celebrate today!
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  1:13:12 PM  Show Profile
Just sticking my nose in to see what's what. Cleaned up the champagne bottles and glasses :-) Pot of coffee is on, hot cross buns are toasty warm and there's some fresh fruit. Family (in-laws, boyfriends, etc) coming over tomorrow so it will be hectic. It will be my Dad's first view or the layout (such as it is) so that will be exciting. All the best for Easter, God Bless.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2017 :  2:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Dave, I'll have an ice tea and some buns with you.

My daughter is coming up today and staying over through tomorrow.

Have a good Easter weekend.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/18/2017 :  3:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I got to spend the day yesterday ripping out shrubs in the backyard in anticipation of a yard renewal effort that I'm sure will take all summer. Not looking forward to that. In the meantime, there's oatmeal, fruit, toast and coffee.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/19/2017 :  1:55:41 PM  Show Profile
Looks like the crew is busy elsewhere. There are sandwiches, chips (crisps, for you guys across the pond), and coffee. Carrot cake has nuts, so beware.
A couple of nice days have turned into overcast ones with threat of rain. Grass will soon be out of control.
Need to get some masonite for my fascia, valance, and terrain backing. I realized I can't install my push/pull controls for my turnouts until I have the fascia on. Another speed bump! Oh well. Hope you all have a great day!
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  11:20:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Looks like the yard need mowed again. Some errands to run later. Worked a bit on the twin shay last night & the night before. Plumbing the compressor and injector pumps. Wire bending. Getting close to the headlight bracket build.

As of late I have been redrawing plans out of
December 1981 RMC, Wesolowski's Crossing Tower which is IMHO nice. I'm planning on scratch building once I get the plans modified.

The tower is octagon shaped with 2 stories. Has a lower and upper floor with straight run stairs and a covered landings at the entry door. It had an 8 sided steep roof with a neat finial for the cap. Has On30 written all over it. The upper floor has 7 windows and a door. The lower floor has one window and one door. Actually this would fit any era layout. The original was located in LaCrosse Wisconsin. After an exhaustive search it appears to be gone forever. I did run across a manufacturer who did a watered down version of the structure in HO scale. Attached are a couple of photos if anyone is interested.

The article was by Wayne Wesolowski, RMC Dec 1981.

Philip

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Philip, I'm not seeing any photo links. Am I missing something?

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  1:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Philip, Keep up the work on the Shays. Everyone is looking forward to the finish! It looks like your photos didn't make it.
Coffee is on. Sticky buns are on the counter.
Did some shopping at Michael's again last night - got some foamcore board and ink. 50% off coupons are great! Does anyone ever buy anything at full price there?
Have a good day,
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  2:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Michael's runs the air brush sky high and then has a coupon for 50% off. It is marked up so high it's cheaper to buy from the competitor. Still like Michaels!

No photos for the tower as it's copyrighted. The copyright police here are bullpunchers Sorry. If you need a copy I'll happily scan it and send it via personal email.

Edited by - Philip on 04/20/2017 2:35:34 PM

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/20/2017 :  2:44:15 PM  Show Profile
I entered a different search term and found a copy. The photos are 3/4 down the rather large page. http://teamtrack.soforums.com/t214-CONTEST-INTERLOCKING.htm?start=15

Edited by - Philip on 04/20/2017 2:45:41 PM

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000