Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  3:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dave thanks for opening I had to run early this morning.

Seems it's just you and me alot lately.

Have a good day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  5:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mark, that just leaves more for us!
Cheers,
Dave

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the advice about the water. I was impressed with the Mod Podge video so I picked some up today. I will try it on a small pond I have started

A friend returned from Fla after hiding there all winter, called me last night and we went out to breakfast this morning. He is in N and G scales. Good to have him back.

Roland

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  1:13:34 PM  Show Profile
So today is the day -- had to make an appointment with the vet to put our 10+ year old Golden Retriever down this evening. A hard decision for sure but he has declined rapidly in the last week or so. Osteo sarcoma did its thing on his leg. Of all the dogs we have had over the years, this is the only one that truly enjoyed playing ball -- his favorites are lacrosse balls thrown with a flinger but that is no more.

It is getting ready to really storm here this afternoon -- seems appropriate!

Bill Uffelman

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  1:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Bill, sorry to hear about your dog. It is always a hard thing to do. I have had to put down my 14-yr old Collie/Lab cross. It was amazing she even lasted that long for a 90-lb dog. I still have super-fond memories of her (despite having two dogs since). I will always miss her. Despite the early time of day, let's toast our lost friends!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  2:18:21 PM  Show Profile
To all our doggie friends that have moved on, salute.

Bill, I know how you feel, it's never easy.

Mark

W,L,&E

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  2:42:41 PM  Show Profile
I am very so to hear about your dog. It is one of the hardest things to do, but I have learned to console myself by thinking of it as a final favor to an old friend. Over the years we have lost 8 dogs, each one special. Right now we have a 16 year old Dachsund and a deaf and blind 11 year old Chihuahua with 2 teeth left. In spite of that both are in pretty good health.

Speaking of dogs, it has been pouring cats and dogs most of the day here with some thunder mixed in. Temp 40 after a high of 75 yesterday. Mrs Hopeless car has decided it does not want to idle to well, and just about shakes you out of your seatbelt at a redlight. At least we made it home. Only one thing to do, head for the train room and hide.

Roland

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  4:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Very sorry to hear about you dog Bill. They are faithful companions but if they are suffering there is little else to do.
It is Friday morning 6:30 am at the Museum in Ipswich. This is my last day before four weeks leave. I will be back at work on Tuesday 9 May.
The weekend of the 5/6 May is the annual Brisbane Miniature Train Show which is a big event here in south-east Queensland. Being a member of the Australian Model Railway Association (Queensland Branch) I volunteer my time to help out. Friday the 4th is spent in keeping a watch as exhibitors come and go during set up then I act as a customer service person on the Saturday and Sunday including the dismantling and clean-up on Sunday evening. Monday is a day of rest as it will have been "full on" the previous three days.
Hopefully there will be at least one On30 layout present. Most layouts are HO Scale usually of Australian prototype. I have been helping out and exhibiting at these shows since the early 1960s.
During the next four weeks I am planning to do some work on our On30 layout in the T-shed - finally.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  12:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Roland, you can always tell when it's raining cats and dogs when you step in a poodle. (I couldn't resist).
Bad jokes aside, coffee is on. Porridge with brown sugar or Maple Syrup, toast, and fruit are out.
Have a good day!
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Bill,sorry to hear about your dog. So sad as they really are mans unconditional best friend.

I have resigned my position at work so I'm finally free. I couldn't be happier! Looking forward to a new endevor. My last day was yesterday. My heart just wasn't into hotel maintenance and the poor clueless staff.

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  2:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Phi[[ip, congrats on your freedom and new endevor.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2017 :  3:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Philip, Congratulations on your retirement (can we call it that?)!
A little late for brekkie in this part of the world but we've got grilled cheese sandwiches coming up. Frosted donut holes, and cherry coke floats!
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  11:57:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys, not quite ready for retirement yet.

Waffles and maple syrup on the counter. Coffee is ready to go!

Have a great day, I need to mow my lawn.

Philip

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, I see the crew is busy elsewhere.
So I'll start prep for lunch seeing as it's late now.
Coffee is only warm so throw it in the microwave. Got some lunch meats, cheeses and good wheat bread. Add some fixins and you're all set. Potato chips are in the bag.
Nothing fancy but it'll tide you over 'til supper.

Sunny here and warming up
I solved my CAD drawing problem and now will get the kit cutting drawing finished and off to Walt for laser work.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/10/2017 :  11:47:33 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Dave! Glad your problem is fixed. Thanks for the grub!

Just beautiful here today and yesterday, mowed and trimmed Sunday. Gena is flower shopping today. Planting in the forecast!

I also have a couple 3 tab shingles loose. Gambrel roof should be interesting at 59. Rigging a chicken ladder....

Have a great day! Philip

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000